Status: Abandon

Got A Secret?

Meet Evgeni, My Main Brah

Today we had some time to sit down with Rachel Keller before she rushed out of the rink to start her night time celebrations, this is what she had to say:

On her relationship with Crosby: "I don't know why everyone assumes we're dating it's kind of funny actually, we've even heard we were secretly engaged at one point. Sidney came into the dressing room one morning and said, 'Rachel, I'm so sorry!' automatically I assumed he had done something wrong like hit my car or broke something, then he comes out with 'I didn't get you an engagement present'. Real funny guy. Jokes on him though, I went to a store and did that registration thing, I went crazy with the gun and scanned anything I liked in the store. Had them send the list to him. I had them attach a note that said, 'Any of these would be a fine gift, I know you have good taste'. We got a good laugh out of that".

On her family: "I talk to them at least once a week, I usually get harassed with text messages from my brother after a game. He plays as well and likes to add his two cents in here and there. Mostly he tells me to tell certain players good job, he thinks they're his friends too. Silly boy. After I finishing showing them pictures of him in a dress that matches mine, he will forever be my dorky little brother...even if he is 18".

On her blossoming friendship with Malkin: "Evgeni and I have a secret handshake, we've deemed it good luck. It's a big long complicated production of hand slaps and fist bumps. Took awhile to come up with actually. We like to think we're pretty bad-ass. The guys were making fun of us one day for doing it on our way on to the ice, it was funny Evgeni goes 'Hey! We no care what you think, you jealous Keller like me better, is okay I better looking then you losers anyway'. Probably the funniest thing I have ever heard, I laughed every time I think about it".


"I want you guys to skate some more laps before leaving, you're coming in early tomorrow for training to. This isn't a play ground, it's not grade school and I am not your babysitter. You are professionals! In my two years as coach I have never seen such a...display. Hit the ice" Dan orders giving us each a pointed look. I hold back a giggles just long enough for him to turn and get out of ear shot.

I grin up at Geno before hopping out of the bench and following my team-mate onto the ice.
It didn't take long to do laps, but we were accepting our punishment and skated hard and for longer then requested. We had been immature and we were accepting our punishment.

It wasn't my fault I was hyper from lunch, Evgeni and I had went out for an early lunch before practice. I had cheated on my season diet and had the biggest, most delicious piece of chocolate cake ever created. I'm not even joking it was probably the most beautiful think I have ever seen. It was jam packed of chocolaty goodness and gave me an almost instant sugar high.

Evgeni got a sugar high from osmosis I think, then again he's a pretty high spirited person. We ended up laughing and joking the whole way back to the rink, and then things got a little out of hand in the parking lot when we found fresh Zamboni snow.

"Ayyyyyo, my name is Genooo"
"No is not, my name Geno. Silly girl" Evgeni scoffs from his place beside me. We had finally finished our lap. Needless to say we had flopped down on the ice exhausted.

"So I think we've learned our lesson. No snowball fights or interrupting a practice we're late for... that was probably a bad idea". I decide pushing my leg out to stretch it.
"Bad idea, but fun" Evgeni agrees offering me a gloved hand to help me up.

I smile up at the Russian thinking of all the obstacles he had overcame last season with his surgery and how I was glad to be playing with him. He was a great friend, kind of like the brother I never had. Seeing as I disowned mine after he wrecked my car.

"So, you and Sid kiss soon?"
"What?" I ask in shock, feeling my jaw drop. I mock glare at him seeing him grin before skating over towards the bench quickly.
"I'm going to get you for that comment Malkin!"

"Keller and Geno? They're like brother and sister, it's weird actually. Last week they came sprinting into the arena from the parking lot, arm full of snowballs, and were lobbing them at each other. I don't think I've ever seen Coach so annoyed actually. They ran onto the ice in their street shoes and started sliding around like they were five. He started dragging her at one point, I don't think I've seen a cuter seen actually. Reminded me of my kids." Pascal Dupuis comments on his team-mates antics. After the pictures surfaced last week everyone was a little curious about the relationship between the two wingers.

"I like to call that the snow ball incident. I would like to say they should have known better but I don't think I expected anything less from those too. It's been a long time coming they both have really playful personalities. Will they do it again? I doubt it, they just got a little out of hand the one day. I think they had went out to lunch together actually and were just feeding off of each others energy". Dan Bylsma answers with amusement, "I was annoyed at the time, but I could tell they regretted their actions. Honestly I felt like I was scolding my children it wasn't as amusing at the time but it is now looking back at it".