Status: Abandon

Got A Secret?

Christmas

"What does Marc want for Christmas? That's a good question.." Keller looks around for a moment before calling over to Fleury. "Que voudriez vous comme cadeau à Noël?" she asks before mumbling to him for a few seconds before turning back to us.

"He said he wants to go to Vegas, scour the city for hookers and cocai-"
"No! I did not say that. She's uhh ripping off that movie. The Hangover. She watched it two time yesterday. Kept uhh quoting it. I think she want that for Christmas so Sid can uhh take his copy back".

"Yeah don't quote me on that hookers and cocaine bit, probably wasn't very nice. Marc wants some of those Wii games or something. I already got his gift so I don't really care". Keller smirks ducking away from her team-mate as he tries to grab her.
"Keller likes to think shes uhh humorous?"
"I'm a riot, you can't deny that".
"You are not, did you know she likes those.. Jonas boys?"

"Do not! I just met one! The youngest one, Nick. We were in LA and Max and I were downtown, I was looking for a dress for dinner. Anyways, I kind of ran into him because Max kept pushing me. He knew who I was, but I wasn't going to admit to knowing I knew who he was in front of Max. We exchanged autographs, it was pretty funny actually, I had him sign a slip of paper for my friends sister and said 'Now don't make it too big, I'm going to get that tattooed on later' I've never seen someones eyes get that big, his jaw literally dropped. It was pretty funny."

"She is a uhh dork".
"Ta toi Flower".


I skate as hard as I possibly can feeling the cold air burn my lungs as my breathing becomes slightly irregular and more heavily as I practically jump into the bench and sit down beside Evgeni who was looking at me with concern. That last hit I had taken I had not recovered from and it still felt like I couldn't get a full breath into my lungs, that and I had a piercing pain in my chest. I'm thinking I had a bruised rib.

"Good job Keller, make sure to stay on Ovechkin's left he turns shower that way and won't come at you as hard". Dan instructs patting my right shoulder, the pressure making my side go down causing me to wince. I had definitely cracked or bruised something. Fucken Ovechkin, checks me into the boards. I had not been anticipating that hit and now I was paying for it.
I would do so silently though.

"You go home for Christmas? Or stay? I forget" Evgeni mumbles, his eyes still following the game. I take a deep breath, biting my lip and feeling tears surface when the pain shoots through my right side.
"Staying here, I got my parents and brother tickets for a trip, so they're going on that and I'm staying here. What about you?"
"I stay, you come eat with me Christmas? Parents no fly, and Oksana come day after"

I nod in agreement, cringing at the though of Oksana. He loved her, I think. He was usually very happy when she came, but he'd get frustrated too. He didn't talk about his relationship problems, not that I could understand the going ons of that twisted woman's mind. But I still had to bite my tongue when I heard about her and saw her. She just looked so... plastic? Always made up, wearing high end clothing and slathered on lip gloss. I couldn't understand it and didn't try to anymore. She didn't like me... at all. Evgeni tried to deny it, but I knew enough Russian to know when she was swearing at me under he breath. Well right back at you Barbie's slutty, Russian twin.

Sidney and Pascal approach the bench, Evgeni and I stand getting one leg over the side. I hold back a grimace trying to ignore the pain, I'd just finish the game. Only 5 minutes left, we were winning oddly enough. I just hoped they wouldn't score though because I wouldn't be able to last through overtime. Every stride I was taking hurt, I intercept a pass to Backstrom and backhand the puck to Evgeni just wanting it away from me. No more hits.

"Keller!"
The puck is passed back to me and I shake my head, shooting it back to Evgeni who was giving me an odd look. I couldn't shoot, not only because I was in pain but I'd probably be in more pain if I exerted myself much more. "Shoot Geno!" I yell skating closer to keep the others away. I skate along the other side, waiting to help. He shoots, and is blocked the puck bouncing towards me. I sigh, taking a quick breath.

CRACK
I yelp feeling an elbow dig into my right side, a blinding pain taking the breath out of my lungs as I feel my legs give out and crash towards the ice surface.
Ow, fucken hell. Okay, now my rib was broken.
Merry Christmas, from Alexander Ovechkin.

Right-wing Rachel Keller out for at least 6 weeks with fractured rib. The injury was obtained during the December 20th game against the Washington Capitals. Keller was struck by Washington player, Alex Ovechkin. Keller and her team-mates denied after the game".

"Sid? Sid? I can hear you breathing you know. Please just talk to me". Sidney was pissed at me for not telling anyone I was hurt. Coach and Mario were annoyed for the same reason because the injury could have been avoided. I hang up the phone, then frantically dial once more, groaning when it goes straight to voice mail.

"Okay, you can be a baby about this but I'm one of your best friends and you're going to have to talk to me sooner or later. I'd rather sooner. I just wanted to say Merry Christmas, and to call me when you're back so we can talk? Please?" I finish hearing a slight pleading tone make its way into my voice. I sigh and hang up.

I lean back into Evgeni's couch still balancing the takeout we had gotten in my lap. It was Christmas and as cliche as we were, we got Chinese food and I had bribed him into ordering and watching a English movie. Trust me, you don't want to see anything in his collection. I slip my cell phone into my pocket and turn my attention back to the TV.

"You okay?"
I shake my head leaning forward to put my food on the table before leaning back closer to Evgeni seeking comfort. "Coach and Mario are all disappointed in me. No really Mario keeps giving me sad looks at home, I have to avoid the rest of the house. Then Sidney's, he won't even talk to me. If he does it's a smart ass comment or a one sided lecture, he won't even reply to my texts!"

"Sid just worry, he Captain and friend. He worry, you scare him. You scare team that night. Even Ovechkin worry!"

"I remember looking out onto the ice and my heart just stopping", Staal pauses shaking his head. "She just...collapsed and we couldn't figure out why. I mean we eventually figured out she was hurt from the other hit she took be we never imagined...Keller, she's gotten bruises before sure. After games she's walked around to show us her battle wounds and she gets her fair share, but she's never actually been hurt to this extent. Geno was the first to her, as soon as she hit the ice he was right there I think he could tell something was wrong. Ovechkin even looked shocked and stuck around until the rest of us swarmed. Actually I think he apologized to her, but she wasn't conscious so I don't think it should count."

"We didn't know she was hurt, well I guess we did know but I kind of hoped she was fooling around or something", Dupuis sighs, "she complains that I baby her, and I kind of do I guess mostly because she's female but this is what I worry about. We were all worried, and waiting. We were waiting for her to stand up and then she just didn't move. She ended passing out from the pain, he Dad called Crosby and I ended up having to talk to him. Everyone was worried, it was like watching my daughter out there".

"I think this gives some insight to the dangers of having women play in the league. I do hate to say it but it is true, we are very sorry Keller got hurt but she and everyone else understand the risks. She should be back in 6 weeks or so, it wasn't a bad fracture, but we aren't talking any chances. Had she told someone of her previous injury she wouldn't have been on the ice to begin with, but what's done is done" Coach of the Pittsburgh Penguins says, "I don't think she'll ignore an injury again. She got quite a lecture from the team when she woke up".


"You scare me too, I know something wrong. You look funny when we talk on bench but I no ask. Then you pass puck back and I know something wrong. Then you fall." he says quietly pulling me into his side. I sigh thinking of how stupid I was to go out on the ice again.
"I'm sorry Geno" I apologize, sitting up a little straighter to keep the pressure off my rib. I look up at my Russian friend and offer him a small smile.

"Next time tell, or I punch"
I laugh lightly, and tuck myself under his arm. I did something stupid, and I was probably going to have to bribe Sidney into hearing me out. But I'd figure it out, after my Christmas night with my main brah. I look up the TV seeing a rather raunchy love scene playing out. Awkward..

"Good Christmas?" I ask, not wanting to focus on the moans coming from the TV. You know that moment something like that comes up when you're watching a movie with your parents? This pretty much felt the same.. I look up after not getting a response. Bad move. I jump slightly as I feel warm pressure against my lips, and automatically feel my eyes close a warm hand coming up to cup my cheek. His lips were soft, firm and a moment later they were removed from mine.

I slowly open my eyes. Wondering if the mental screaming going on in my head was showing on my face. Okay what the hell just happened. Evgeni looks down at me as I slowly remove myself from under his arm, staring into his eyes the whole time. Wondering, hoping they would give some hint as to what was just going through his head.

"That.." he pauses scratching his head, "I..."
"That was..."
"Voice say to go for it, I go?"

Yeah.. I got that..
Oh boy.