Like We Used To

Oh, Like We Used To

Fourteen months and seven days ago, he remembered so vividly. How he felt that night. How he had never felt that way before. How he never wanted that night to end. How the spaces between his fingers fit perfectly with hers. How he thought she was the one.

**

They had just watched A Walk to Remember for the millionth time and Chelsea sat there staring at the screen with tears pouring from her eyes, "Why did she have to die?" She asked as she held the pillow to her chest.

Nick smiled and wrapped his arms protectively around her, "It's okay, it's just a movie." He leaned into her neck and pecked her, "Mandy Moore is still alive baby." And this was the statement that always changed the mood.

Chelsea turned and hit him playfully with her pillow, "I know stupid." He stood up and ran for the bed for protection but Chelsea ran to him and jumped on him, "How old do you think I am?" She said as she hit him once again with the pillow.

"Well, people tell me that you're eighteen but I find that hard to believe." He said as he covered his face in fear of getting hit again. "I mean if you know she's still alive, why are you crying?" Nick smiled at her as she missed her shot.

"You won't understand, you just a poop-head boy." Chelsea said as she got of him but Nick held her in place. "What," she said rolling her eyes, "I'm not talking to you anymore."

Nick clutched at his shirt pretending to be hurt by her words, "How dare you say that, you know I love you." He said as he sat up and tried to kiss her but she turned her head and he sighed. "I'm sorry?" he said giving her the puppy face but she ignored him. Nick smiled at a thought, "Wanna dance to Purple Rain?

She tried her best not to smile but she just had to, he knew her to well. "Fine, I guess I can forgive you."

Nick smiled and kissed her, "You've made me the happiest man on earth." She eyed him, "What?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

"I'm not sure about the term man." she said as she walked to the music player.

Nick lay on the bed, "And I'm not sure of the number eighteen."

Chelsea shot him a death glare, "What did you say?"

Nick rose his hands up in surrender, "I said I can't believe Miley Cyrus is eighteen."

Chelsea smiled, "Good save." Purple Rain started and Chelsea swayed her body to the beat of the music, "I'm waiting for you."

Nick rolled his eyes and followed suit to the rhythm of the music, "....I only wanted to see you bathing in the purple rain." he sang along to the song he's heard more than his own name.

**

They were at an ice-cream parlor with their friends when Chelsea asked, "Who knows my favorite part in A Walk to Remember?"

This made everyone groan excluding Nick, "Don't mind them, they're just jealous because you get to watch it with an awesome person and they don't." he said as he kissed the back of her hand making her blush. Nick loved everything about her and every day, he fell even more in love with her.

"Yeah, we're so jealous," Kate, a friend of theirs said, "we don't get to watch it a million times again and again and again."

Chelsea stuck her tongue out at them, "Still jealous."

Nick smiled, "I know your favorite part." he said quietly which made Chelsea blush even more.

"What is it?" she asked biting her lip.

"The part where Landon asks Jamie to marry her." he said as he stared deep into her blue eyes.

Chelsea closed her eyes and smiled, "I love you."

"Not as much as I love you." he said rubbing her knuckles.

They both heard gagging beside them and turned to see four people gagging, "Very mature guys." Chelsea said as she rolled her eyes making Nick wink at her.

She could never get enough of this guy.

**

A year passed and things were getting edgy between them. "Chelsea, what's wrong. You've been acting so distant." Nick asked as Chelsea walked into the room.

"Nothing." she said as she picked up her jacket.

"Where are you going?" Nick asked staring at her the whole time.

Chelsea stopped dead in her tracks and turned around to glare at him, "Well, I'm going to watch a movie with a friend and stop asking me questions, it's getting annoying."

Nick furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "What do you mean, I haven't asked you anything in two days seeing that you won't say anything to me or even look at me." he said in a low voice.

"Well, if you had time for me and not that stupid band of yours maybe I would then talk to you." she said as she folded her arms and watched him.

"You don't mean that, I always have time for you. You come before my stupid band and you know it. Please stop acting this way, it hurts." he said as he stood up and walked towards her.

"You know what, forget it." Chelsea said as she walked out the door leaving Nick standing there and staring at the place where she stood previously.

**

"Who's he?" Nick asked Chelsea as they stepped aside to speak privately.

"He's a friend and it's really none of your business." Chelsea spat.

"It is because I'm your boyfriend and this is not the first time I'm seeing him neither is it the second time, so I'm sorry for being curious." Nick said taking a quick glance at the boy then at Chelsea.

Chelsea sighed, "Nick, I-"

"I don't want to hear it." Nick said as he turned his back, he always feared that this day would come. He had a feeling that it was approaching soon but he didn't want to believe it because he believed things would get better with him trying to be a better boyfriend.

"I'm sorry." Chelsea said. "It just isn't working out."

"You haven't even given this relationship a chance, just tell me what I'm doing wrong and I'll change." Nick begged.

Chelsea couldn't stand to see him like this, "I'm sorry." she whispered and left him standing there with tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

**

Since then Nick had not been the same, "You just have to come, you're acting like the world is coming to an end." Justin, his band mate said. "It's been two months, c'mon let's go."

Nick was dragged to the bonfire party and decided to stick by himself as he watched as people had fun. He heard laughter beside him and turned to see Chelsea and the guy she left him for.

It was like his heart was torn into pieces all over again. Chelsea looked at him and her smile faltered, she missed him. Nick kept staring at her till she turned to look away.

What did he ever do to make her stop loving him? The thought kept running through his mind.

Nick found Chelsea alone, sitting on a log by the fire. He walked up to her and sat beside her. It was quiet before he spoke, "Hey." he said lowly.

"Hey." she replied in the same manner.

It was quiet for a while before she spoke up, "How's life?"

He stared at her, "Life without you?"

She sighed, "Nick..."

"You know, I keep thinking of what I did to make you leave me but I never came up with any answer so can you please tell me what I -"

"Can we not talk about this, it's been over two months Nick." she said as she looked away.

"And I still haven't gotten over you yet you seem to be so happy in your new life, tell me, does he watch your favorite movie with you?" She nodded. "Really, how many times." She remained quiet, "Does he hold you when you cry because Jamie died, huh?" she remained quiet. "Why aren't you answering me?"

"Because I don't see your point." she replied bitterly.

"What about Purple Rain? Does he even like it?" he held her hand only for her to pull back. Nick sighed and stood up, "I still love you." he leaned down and kissed her forehead before heading back to his friends.

Chelsea let her tears drop, she missed him. A lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
I originally wanted to make this into a story but I thought a one-shot would be better.
So, what do you think?
Leave a comment.
Thanks.

xoxo