Status: hope you like

Letters to Leslie

02

Again she entered the small room. Slightly tripping on a loose floor board. Her chair wobbled as she sat down, giving her the feeling it was going to break under her small weight. Once she was seated they removed the cuffs that bound her, and handed her a single letter. Leslie had written back. It took her only a moment to read the small writing.

Dear Ani,

I received your letter yesterday and was touched. I cried for a long time, but one thing jumped out at me. Your insistence that I think you’re a murderer.

When I most definitely do not.

You said you didn’t murder that small boy, so I believed you. I could see the truth in your eyes, the truth, and the fear. Do not fret old friend, for I believe justice will find you. And I believe it will find you soon. We will be reunited Ani. Keep your faith.

As for the picture you keep tucked to you ever so closely, please do not feel guilty. It was not your fault he died. You did nothing wrong, you were not his killer. His face may haunt you but remember your innocence. Do not forget it, because if you do, all hope is lost. If you do, you may as well have been guilty.

Know that I love you like my own sister.

Forever and Always,
Leslie.

Tears dropped from her eyes as she read. Staining the creased paper in her petit hands. She stroked the words, holding them close to her heart.

Words she would never forget.
♠ ♠ ♠
commmeenntttssss