Status: going to be inactive soon...

Point of No Return.

Work.

13 years ago.

''Quick, Jeny! Hide!'' I slid under my bed as far as I could go as my mom pressed her back against the door, trying to keep the creature from coming in. You see, my parents are hunters. You know the beast under your bed, and the monster in your closet? Well, they're real. And my parents hunt them. I know it sounds crazy, but I swear it’s true! It's the family business. I'm only 10, but when I get older, I'll be a hunter too!

How we got into this situation is a little awkward. My mom was hunting a family of witches in the area some years ago. What she didn’t realise back then was that they had a daughter. Well, now the witch is up and kicking and decided that she was getting revenge. So, she decided to summon a ghoul instead of attacking us herself. Coward. The ghoul already got my dad. To protect me, he sacrificed himself so my mom could get me to safety.

BAM! The door slammed open and my mom went flying onto the bed. I had to stop myself from screaming when her sobs abruptly came to a stop and a splatter of blood went flying on the door. But I couldn't stop the whimper from escaping my throat. It felt like time itself stopped. The distinctive shadow of the ghoul lowered itself and soon, I could see his blood-red eyes and smile. A smirk was more like it. I couldn't stop myself anymore, I screamed. Someone must have heard me, 'cause there was a gun shot and the ghoul fell, lifeless, at the foot of the bed...without its head. Blood poured everywhere. I was too scared to say anything or even to move. Suddenly, an incredibly gorgeous face met mine.

''It's okay, I'm Dean. Your safe now.''


I woke with a start, dripping with sweat.

Not again, I thought to myself, discouraged. I kept having the same dream over and over again. Practically every night I dreamt of the day my parents died. Of the day I met Dean. Removing that thought from my head, I stood and went to the kitchen.

The lights were open. I strictly remembered closing them when I went to bed. As soon as the thought entered my head, the lights started flickering. That either meant there was a ghost or a demon around. I exhaled heavily, but no fog came out. Demon. Damn, I hated it when demons visited! It always meant I would have more work to do. I walked briskly to the cupboard above the sink, my back to the rest of the room.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. You should have known I was coming, my dear Jeny." an annoyingly familiar voice sounded from behind me. I grabbed my gun, previously in the cupboard, and shot him in the stomach.

"Oh Eric, of course I knew you were coming. And by the way, don't even try getting that bullet out. Not only is it spread through your entire abdomen by now, but I put a spell on it to trap your demon soul in your 'meat suite', as you would call it." I ended with a devilish smile. Now he looked pissed.

"I just came here to give you a new case." he answered sharply, handing me a yellowish folder that weighted about a pound.

"Holy crap, what the hell is in here? Did Crowley make you copy the dictionary and give it to me as a present?” I smirked. For some reason, he didn’t seem too amused.

"You wish.” He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned on the doorway. I had to admit, if I didn’t have as many morals as I do, I’d probably bring him to my bedroom. “Cute pajamas by the way.” He smirked. I simply ignored him.

Looking at the folder, I raised an eyebrow at him. "What am I hunting, anyway? This doesn't look like any case I've worked before."

"Mm, guess you'll find out soon enough." His look made me wonder what was up. But before I had the chance to ask, he spoke, again. "You better leave soon, Crowley wants it caged as soon as possible."

"Yeah, yeah. Tell him I'll do my best. It's not like I'm lacking any info, jeez."

"What can I say, I'm thorough," Eric winked. "Now can you please remove this stupid spell, I need to check in with Crowley."

"Hmm, maybe I should just leave you in there. After all, that meat suite is cute." I winked at him and smiled, teasing him. He rolled his eyes and cocked his head at me.

"Fine. But you owe me one." I closed my eyes and concentrated, removing the spell I put on the disintegrated bullet in Eric's body. Once I felt the spell lifted I opened my eyes and waved my hand at him, telling him he was okay to go.

"Great. And by the way, I don't owe you shit." And with that, he disappeared.

I went to my bedroom and packed all the stuff I would need in 2 duffel bags. One with weapons and one with clothes, washing products and feminine products just in case. You can never be too careful.
I was a little bummed at having to hunt again. I was actually looking forward to a bit of peace and quiet.

I looked around my room one last time, making sure I had packed everything that I would need before walking out and down the stairs to the living room. Before leaving, I filled both my cats' and my dogs' food bowls and gave them each two more, since I didn't know when I was coming back. As I came out, I locked the door behind me and looked back at my beautiful house. I quickly climbed in my car and headed for the highway, popping in the first tape I found. It just so happened to be one of my favorite ones yet. I started singing along loudly to Livin’ on a prayer as I drove on out of town.

~~~~~

"Hi, I'd like a room please." I asked the lady at the front desk of a motel.

"Yes, let me just see some ID and a credit card, please."

I stared her in the eyes. "I already showed them to you."

"Oh, I'm sorry. You're right." she looked confused, so I pretended to grab something off the counter and put it in my pocket.

"Well, it's okay, but make sure you don't make the same mistake twice." she gave me my room key and I headed towards my car. A blue ford thunderbird '66. I quickly went to my room and got ready. The hunt started tonight.

~~~~~

I got to town and started asking around. Apparently the girls that had been kidnapped were virgins. Who the hell would take virgins? It didn't make any sense. Unfortunately, the only thing left for me to do, was call for help. I hated calling for help. I'm 25, god dammit! I shouldn’t need help!

"Dammit." I cursed as I opened my cellphone to call Bobby. He'd know what to do.

“Singer Residence, what can I do ya for?” I was not expecting the voice that came on the line. I hadn't heard it in years, yet it flowed through the phone like honey.

“Hey, Dean. Can you pass me to Bobby?”

“Jeny, is that you? I haven't seen you in, what, 5 years?”

“Yeah, something like that. Bobby, please?”I really didn't want to talk to him right now.

“Are you okay? Are you in trouble? Anything I can help with?” He had the nerve to sound concerned.

“Yeah, I'm fine. Just a tricky case that's all. Dean, I really want to talk to Bobby.”

“Well hey, maybe it's something I can help with. Where you at?”

“Dean, come on.”

“Come on, Jen. Let me help, I'm itchin' for a hunt. And,” he hesitated on the next part, “I wanna see you.”

I debated for a moment. Would hunting with Dean Winchester really be the worst thing in the world? Maybe. But I didn't have much of a choice. As much as I'd rather have Bobby, he'd probably send in the boys anyway.

“Alright, fine. I'm in Portland, Oregan. Staying at the Palms Motel.”

“Awesome, shouldn't take more than a couple days. See you soon,” Click. Rude. I put my phone back in my pocket and headed to my car, to get back to the motel. It was quite expansive, so I was glad I didn't have to pay any of it. The good parts of being a witch.

Once in my room, I sat on my bed, trying to figure out who the hell would want virgins. Maybe I should've asked Crowley when I had the time. Damn. Oh well. After a thorough search on Google, I still couldn't find a lead. Everything I typed led me to a Dungeons and Dragons site. Wait. Brain processing information. Dragons. I might actually be up against dragons. Even if I tried searching things on dragons, there are millions and millions of lore about dragons. The most common are that they live in caves. There aren't any caves around here! Closest thing would probably be sewers...I guess...I wrote everything I could in my journal. It resembled John's, but way more tidy. After the biggest yawn ever, I closed my laptop and went to bed.