Status: Active, ©2010 Ashton Fos

The Butterfly Room

Chapitre Quatre

The man stretched a hand out to steady me.
"Hey look man, sorry I upset you. But Enoch has been long gone. I have to go unlock the back doors, now you stay here okay?" I nodded, bolting to the habitat as soon as he turned his back. 
"Lumiere!" I hissed. I heard rustling from the same spot I found her in last time. Wow. Original.

Crouching down again I saw her hand reach out and snatch the blanket from me. I looked over at her worried. Why was she hiding like that? 

"Lumiere, I'm taking you home okay?" I reassured her, if that helped at all. A whimper was her response.

"It'll be okay. I think I know where you came from." she poked an eye out. Now her eyes were a sea green. She definitely wasn't normal.

"Where?" she asked quietly. I took a deep breath, hoping she didn't think I was crazy.

"I'll tell you as soon as we get to where we're going." I looked over at her. "and ah, cover up."
After I had loaded her into the car, I sped home pulling into the complex. I was hoping my mom had taken my advice and left with Tati. Turning off the car I faced Lumiere.

"Okay Lumiere, I'm going to need you to be VERY quiet okay?" I said wrapping the blanket tighter around her. Again, she flinched away getting out of the car.

I had her shadow me into the building and into the elevator. We were on the top floor. She hummed along with the elevator music tapping her slender feet. I really wished she wouldn't do that.

I carefully led her to our door and unlocked it quietly.

"Mum?" I called out warily. There was no answer. I calmed motioning Lumiere for me to follow. She tiptoed behind me animatedly. I went into my room shutting the door behind us. She flitted to the window, her blanket abandoned. Yeah we were going to have to fix this clothes problem. 

"Stay here Lumiere." I commanded going to my sisters room. I opened her white dresser pulling out a pair of pink panties and a white training bra. 

"These'll do." I muttered, I wasn't an expert on these things. Plus, I figured she could borrow one of my t-shirts and jeans.

I went back to my room finding her spraying my cologne all over herself. I lunged for it.

"Lumiere! What are you doing!" I said angrily grabbing for it. She looked at me sheepishly, tears filling her big eyes. I walked foreword, ashamed at my brashness. "hey there, I'm sorry." I apologized setting the cologne on the dresser. I handed her the underclothes. She tugged them on openly in front of me. I turned around trying not to stare at her perfect body. 

When I turned back around she stood awkwardly uncomfortable in her new attire. The training bra strained against her breasts. The panties fit her small waist though. Oh well. I dug through my closet for a t-shirt tossing her one that covered her whole body. She pulled it on with great effort. I turned back to her stunned. She made even a plain white tee look, amazing. She tugged on the neck looking very unhappy. I tried to change the subject to get her mind off of the restraining outfit.

"Lumiere. I know this sounds crazy." she focused on me, her eyes a watery silver. "I think you're a butterfly." she didn't say anything, so I continued. "I know it sounds stupid, but everything adds up! I mean, you appearing right after the butterfly, your eyes, your lack of...name, everything!" I rambled. She stared at me giving no emotions away. "okay, I'll shut up now." I said sitting on my bed. She didn't move.

"A...butterfly." she said slowly. "you're not crazy Jonah." my head snapped up. 

"I'm not?" she turned to me.

"No. I knew I was different. Why not be a butterfly?" she reasoned. I pondered on this watching her put a hand to the window.

"Did you know all along?" I asked dumbfoundedly. She nodded not meeting my eyes.

"I remembered seeing you. And I remember, flying." she said hesitantly. An enormous weight lifted from my shoulders. That answered a LOT of questions. 

"Well, what now?" I asked her. She opened her mouth to answer, turning her ear to the door abruptly. 

"Someones here!"she said cheerfully. 

"Jonah? I saw the car out front so I'm assuming you're home!"  I heard my moms voice ring out. I hopped up from the bed.

"Oh shit, I didn't plan for this." Lumiere's face clouded as I ushered her into my walk in closet.

"That's not a nice word Jonah, you said!" she cried. She looked around the closet nervously.

"It'll only be a moment Lumiere." I pleaded closing the door. At that exact moment, my mum strolled in, her arms laden with grocery bags. She looked refreshed.

"Did I hear voices in here?" she asked airily. I leaned against the doorknob of my closet, praying Lumiere wouldn't start answering questions for me.

"No I just turned my music on." she shrugged.

"Come help me with the groceries." I looked at the door wearily.

"Can't Tati help?" my mum glared at me.

"She is. We have A LOT of bags Jonah." 

"Okay I'll be down in a moment." she left the room closing the door. I sagged against the closet flinging the door open. I was hoping Lumiere had some kind of fairytale disease, like maybe the darkness of the closet would turn her back into a butterfly. But there she sat her eyes a murky brown, the colour was frightening actually.

"I don't like the closet Jonah." she said between gritted teeth. I tried to help her to her feet, but she jerked away. 
"why do i have to hide in there?" she wailed. I shushed her, wary of the fact that my mum or sister could be close by.

"Because Lumiere, if my mum finds out, she'll make you leave." Lumiere frowned, her rigid position relaxing.

"Why? Does she not like me?" 
"That's not the problem. She doesn't KNOW you." she crossed her sticklike arms.

"Well when can I meet her?" I went to the door.

"Soon. PLEASE STAY HERE." I begged before shutting the door.

I rushed to bring all the groceries upstairs. Finally finished, I raced to my room wondering what she could have possibly gotten her hands into now. I flung open the door to see her just sitting in my bed reading a magazine. She looked up smiling widely.

"Crest gets all the bacteria out of your teeth." I nodded closing the door behind me.

"Look Lumiere..." I started.

"Why are you so mean to your mom Jonah?" she interrupted. I set my jaw. This was going to be a long vacation.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3