Status: To better understand some of the characters, read Bedtime and Awake, in which the characters appear in a timeline previous to the one in this story.

Desired

Porter's.

I stand outside on the cobblestone veranda of my new home. Every which way I look, there are flowers, plants and trees.
Dangling from hanging pots, climbing up the trellises, spreading out in beds out across the yard.
Morning Glory, Yellow Roses, Candy Cane Phlox, Lily of the Valley and many, many more.
Thick, dark, ivy crawls up the pale brick walls of our house, stretching across the porch steps.
Trees of all shapes, sizes and colors stand here and there.
Cherry Blossom, Wisteria, Elm and Redbud.

You would be extremely lucky to find a patch of any grass at all.
The only way to get anywhere without stepping on flowers is to stay on the cobblestone path that winds 'round and 'round gardens.

For such an average sized yard, my aunt and uncle-who lived here before they died two years ago-were able to nurture a lot of flora inside the white picket fence.

I look out at my new neighborhood and at the people who come and go.
Directly across the street stands a house, about the same size as our.
The last name 'PORTER' is stamped in bold, block letters on their mailbox.

I watch as a girl, probably a little younger then me, comes out of the house.
She has golden hair and fair skin, she wears a pale blue dress.
Her form is small, petite.
She reminds of the children's tale character, 'Goldilocks'.

Another person walks out of the house, a boy-no, a man.
Or maybe something in between.
He is very tall, muscular, but not in a gross way.
He wears jeans and red t-shirt.
His messy hair is fallen across his face as he lights up a cigarette, but when he brushes it away, I see how handsome he really is.

Putting an arm around the girl, he kisses her forehead.

I wonder if their dating...

She hugs him tightly, burying herself in his body.

She seems a bit young for him, maybe they aren't dating..

He says something too her and she laughs, melodically.
He leans down, his face very near hers, his mouth almost touching hers-I jump, knocked back from my concentration on the couple as a hand comes down on my shoulder.

"Lunch is ready"
My mothers says softly.

"I'll be there in a moment"
I reply just as quietly.
There's something about this place, the gardens, that make you feel like you shouldn't talk loudly, that this is a place to be quiet if not silent.
"Mother, who are they?"
I motion across the street, the couple was at least a foot apart from each other, having a calm conversion.

"Thats the Porter kids, Blake and Farrah"

"Brother and sister?"

"Mmhmm"
She murmurs, turning and going back to the house.

"Well they sure don't act like brother and sister"
I mutter to myself, tossing one more glance at them before retreating into my home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to TheStruggle :)