Status: To better understand some of the characters, read Bedtime and Awake, in which the characters appear in a timeline previous to the one in this story.

Desired

Papers.

The young cat, not even out of its' kitten years, plays on my lap.
I sit in their empty home, on there kitchen floor, stroking and playing with the small furball.
They have a very nice home, and it takes all my engery not to explore it.

My eyes dart to the staircase, then back to the feline, then back to the staircase.

Well, one look can't hurt...

Scouping up Fuzz, I make for the stairs, ascending in a light jog.
At the top, there are four doors, all open partly.

I peer inside of one.
Guest room.
Then the next.
What looks to be the parents bedroom.

The last room on the left is very obviously Farrahs room.
The floorboards creak, almost disaprovingly, under me as I step inside.

Her walls are pale purple, many nicknacks sit about, on her bookshelfs, on her dresser and on her nightstand.
A floor length mirror stands in one corner, a very out of place looking girl stands inside.

Something catches the light of the sunset that bathes the room softly.
It's on a teddy bear that sits on Farrahs bed.
Curiously, I stroll over and set down Fuzz, picking up the bear.

A small silver locket on a delicate chain.
Carefully opening, I reading the inscription I find inside.
Love is what we are.

It makes me think of young love, when butterflies permanently set up shop in ones tummy when you were with that special someone.
The blooding rushing inside your veins, races with every kiss.
Heart leaping at the mere mention of their name.

For me, those feelings have long abandoned me.

I set the teddy bear back down, closing the locket with a snap.
I glance around, only to see that the kitten has disappeared.

"Fuzz? Fuzzy? Where are you?"
I call, bending over and looking under the bedskirt.

'Mew'
I receive a reply to my call, but not from this room.
Traveling across the hall, I slip into the room there, finding the kitten wondering around.

Clutching her tiny body with one hand, I bring her up to my chest.
"Don't sneak off like that"
I mutter, nuzzling her gently.

Now I wonder who's room this is...

The room has grey walls, a dresser, a desk and a bed with navy covers.
Hm, must be Blake's room. I wonder if there's anything here that would tell me what's going on with him and Farrah...

I walk over to the desk, flicking the light on.
An array of papers lay about in a cluttered mess.
Receipts, junk mail, newspapers, a bill and some random scraps of paper.

"Well this isn't telling us much now is it?"
I mumble, chewing on my lip.
Spotting a drawer built into one side of the desk, I set Fuzz down on the papers, pulling it open.
Information on taxes, his bank account and whatnot.

Under this there is one of those large, yellow envelopes, showing that no doubt what's inside is important.

My fingers prickle with temptation, my jaw clenches.
I quickly shove everything back inside, slam the drawer shut and turn off the light.

I make it half way down the hall with Fuzz before I turn around, go back, turn the light on and reopen the drawer.
I slowly pull the contents from the yellow envelope, making sure not to damage them in anyway.

The first thing there is a birth certificate, which I skim over.
That's odd, says he's born to a Mikkael Jones and Tommy Parker...

What I see next though, erases all confusion.

Adoption papers.

I suddenly am able to see clearly, although it doesn't tell me a whole lot about their relationship, at least now I don't feel I'm in the presence of possible incest.

*X*

I lay on my back, one leg crossed over the other, fingers link together under my head, staring up at the ceiling from my bed.

If he is adopted, then they could be dating and it be legal, but then again she's 14 and he's 19, if they are sleeping together, that's not legal at all...

I roll on my side, closing my eyes with a heavy sigh.
I need some sleep.

The music pulses through my system in it's fast beat. Everything glows unnaturally under the black light.
People dance, high and intoxicated, not knowing or caring who they are.
Some lean up against the stained walls, barely passing as alive.
Boys kiss girls, boys kiss boys, girls kiss girls, and I doubt they will have any recollection of it in the morning.

I push my way through the narrow hallways of the old house that's known for having these insane parties.
I try to remember why I came here, even being stone cold sober and clean, the pounding techno music is so loud that I can't think straight.

Jackson, find Jackson

"Jackson!"
I shout over the noise, failing to make myself be heard.
I begin randomly pulling people apart and aside, looking for the boy I came with.

Finally I spot the boy I need at one end of the room, making out with a blonde girl.
I weave myself around the men who try to grab me, reaching him exasperated.

"Jackson I want to go home!"
I call out, shaking his shoulder.
He pulls away from the girl, looking down at me, eyes glazed over.

"S-Sorry, Jackson's not here, come a-again later"
He giggles before shoving his tongue down the blondes throat once more.

"Jackson please!"
I cry, grabbing hold of his forearm.
"All I want is to go home, you can go to a million of these parties, can't you just leave this one?"
But my words are useless, he isn't listening, even if he was, he wouldn't care.

Dropping his arm, I make my way towards the front door.
Rough hands grip my hips and pull me into a body, I struggle to get away, but I'm pushed into a wall.


"Honey, wake up, it's dinner time"
My mothers' gentle hand softly shakes me awake.

"Okay, I'll be down in a minute"
I murmur, propping myself up on my elbow.
She smiles, patting my arm before exiting my room.

"Wow"
I sigh, swinging my legs over the edge of my bed and rubbing my face.
"What a great time for those memories to come back to me..."
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't even have a good excuse, I just got completely distracted :(

Huge thanks to Cameloparadis, impish unicycle., sensations., Hell's.Angel and temptation;:)

Please check out my sisters' story Wet :)