Status: One Shot

Into Your Arms

1/1

She watches quietly from the back of the room, her gaze following his every action. Despite the cheery festivites outside, inside love was nowhere to be found. Although neither could really even remember the reason for their argument, both were to stubborn to back down.

However, John was leaveing for tour again soon, which was the other elephant in the room. Her sigh breaks the silence. With his back still turned he calmy tells her, "If you're just going to keep sighing. You might as well say something."

His calm demeanor did nothing to hide the tension in his voice. Visibly sitting up in her chair, she pushes the laptop to the side, "If you're just going to leave in a week. You might as well just leave now."

There the words that opened the floodgates. Quickly spinning to face his girlfriend of four years, apparently the two were ready to confront each other.

She stands up, "You're leaving in what, a week? And we've spent maybe a few hours together."

Repeatedly running his ringers through his light brown locks, his angry breaths turn in one long defeated sigh. For the first time that day, well honestly in a while she takes a good look at the man in front of her.

His eyes are tired, his figure looks even more lanky than usual, and his overall appearancem well just bad, Upon realizing how ragged he looks, concern fills her limbs, "John, what's wrong?"

A shaky breath passes through his lips, "Everything is falling apart. I need to find my way back to the start. Back to when we were in love. Back in your arms." A smile tugs at my lips with his cheesy use of his own lyrics.

However John can't seem to stop rambling, "We've been fighting so much recently because I am such an idiot. I just can't seem to ask you to marry me."

Immediately a silence falls over the room, John's eyes widen when he realizes what he let slip. She is speechless, "Um,uh-What?"

Carefully pulling a velvet black box from his pocket, he shakily hands her the box barring an engagement ring. She opens it to see a diamond cut to perfect, in her eyes, with a silver band.

Nervously shifting his weight from one foot to the other, "I know it's not much, but."

He doesn't have time to finish his statement before she covers the ground between them wrapping her arms tightly around his thin frame. As heavy as the atmosphere in their small apartment was before, the spirits are much higher now.

Sheepishly, John grins, "Yeah, that's why I blew up at you last week. I was nervous and truthfully really fucking scared."

She laughs lightly, "Don't worry, I think you just made up for it."

Suddenly John picks her up and spins her in circles, "We're getting married. Wait- you will marry me right?"

She replies grinning, "Yes, O'Callaghan."

Ecstatically John kisses his longtime girlfriend- now fiance. Underneat the petty fights and ocassional disagreements it was crystal clear these two are in love. John smirks down at the girl of his dreams, scratch that. She isn't a dream, she's real. She's his world.

"I love you. Happy Valentine's Day.", John tells her, his green eyes shining bright.

Smiling back she replies, "I love you too, John. Forever and ever."
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short little one-shot I wrote in English class for Valentine's Day.
I should be updating my John story soon, actually it's ending VERRRYY soon.
Anyways, tell me what you think.
:)
Comment <3