Blue Sky and Other Things That Are Good For You

“He's all I want, just for me, underneath my Christmas tree. Santa that's my only wish this year...”

I woke up early on Christmas and went to a movie store I knew that would be open on Christmas. The owners were Jew and they stayed open on most days.

The bell rang above the door and the couple looks up, probably surprised to see a customer so early. That's the other thing I love about this shop, they open at six in the morning.

“oh, hey Sky.” Jennifer, the woman, says when she sees me.

“hey. I was wondering if you guys have the Poltergeist series.”

Jennifer gives me a 'are you crazy?' look and has me follow her. She pulls out the movies and hands them to me, “is that all?” I nod and we walk up to the cash machine. “you know, we may be Jew, but I think we're even more into the Christmas spirit then you are...”

I laugh, “this is actually a last minute present.”

“oh, okay, that's a lot better.” She hands me my change, “would you like me to wrap them real quick?”

“that would be great, thanks.”

Doug and I talk while Jennifer wraps the movies and I thank them both before driving back to the house and sneaking in. Though the sneaking part didn't work so well. It was seven and everybody was sitting in the living room, looking worried-sick.

They saw me and I froze, “um...hi?”

“where were you?” Jane asks.

“finishing my Christmas shopping.” I answer truthfully. Walking into the living-room to where they were and setting the gift under the tree.

“at six in the morning?”

“I take last minute seriously.” Everybody laughed at that, even Ryan smiled a little.

“well now that you're here, take a seat. We've been trying to think of where you would go.”

The only seat opened was next to Ryan. I didn't really have a choice about it and since we had to look all lovey-dovey I couldn't refuse to sit there either. So I take my seat and Henry starts to pass out the gifts.

All of my presents were homemade except for Ryans. That made me feel a little bad since it didn't seem as personal, but that's just how it ended up.

I made Jane and Henry a sketch of the family. There was this family picture I found in an album and I decided to sketch everyone. It actually turned out really good. So I framed it and decided to give it to them. For Lydia and Rick I made a dark blue vase. Lydia was complaining about not having a vase for her office and that there weren't any good blue vases around town. Last year I had taken a glass-blowing class and I asked the teacher if I could use some of the supplies. He even helped me make it and the vase really does look amazing. Scarlets was probably the easiest to make of all of them. I got a dark pair of jeans in her size and made them look like the ones I was wearing the day we met. The jeans she was 'in love' with. On another pair of jeans, I embroidered some things on it and added patches around.

For Sydney and Charlie I used my wood-shop skills. I made Sydney a sign that had each letter hanging singly on chains. The sign said 'Princess Sydney' and was in her favorite color, pink. Charlies was a bit tougher because it was a train set. Though I was still able to finish it in a timely matter.

“did you draw this Sky?” Jane asks, looking down at the drawing.

I nod, “yeah. I saw the picture in a photo album and was bored so I just started sketching it.”

before she could reply, Lydia had practically screamed, “oh my god!” every body's head turned to her and she was holding up the vase. She turned to me shocked, “please tell me you didn't spend too much on this. I couldn't forgive myself if you did.”

I laugh, “I made it actually. So no, I barely spent a dime on it.”

Rick seemed surprised by this, “you made it?” I nod, “and you sketched that picture?” I nod again. “should I be worried about what Charlie and Sydney are about to open up?”

Everyone laughed, “no, though they are homemade, it's nothing compared to those two items.”

Sydney tore open the box and pulled out the sign. “Princess Sydney.” she reads, “and it's in pink!”

“well I got a train set.” Charlie argues. And then they go into a fight about whose present is better.

Scarlet shrieked when she pulled out the jeans. “did you do this yourself?” she asks, referring to the patches and all.

I nod, “I kind of winged it on what you would like, so if you want me to change things just let me know.”

“are you kidding?! I love them!”

I smile, glad that everyone liked my presents. Ryan had yet to open mine, as did I have yet to open his.

“we'll be back down for breakfast.” Ryan says, grabbing my hand and pulling me up with him. I smile as if I knew what was going on when in reality I had no clue what we were doing. He dragged me to the game room and closed the door behind us.

“um, what are we doing in here?” I ask.

“I'm sorry.” Ryan says, not answering my question. I set his gift down on the chair next to me. “Really, I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me last night. I think I was just mad that you wouldn't even give her a chance.” I wait for him to continue. “but I guess I understand why you were mad at her and you have every right to be so, I'm sorry.”

I smile and take a step forward, “you already said that.”

“well I am.”

“you know, it's great that you're apologizing, but you're apologizing for all the wrong reasons.”

Ryan takes a step toward me and gently holds my hand in his. “and I'm sorry for grabbing you the way I did last night.”

I give his hand a little squeeze, “thanks. If you don't mind me asking...what made you so mad? I mean, I've seen you mad before, but this was way worse than last time.”

“I guess I was just pissed that you would rather be at your house than here with me.”

I wrap my arms around his waist and pull him into a hug, “Ryan, I would never choose them over you. But I am going to have to go back there at some point.”

“no you don't.” he mumbles against my neck.

“says who?”

“me. I couldn't sleep last night without you in bed. I can't imagine if you weren't even in the house.”

“same here, but that doesn't mean I get to stay here forever.” he lifts me up so that I'm sitting on the pool table, making us about the same height. He starts to kiss my neck again. “I love you Ryan, and being a couple of miles away isn't going to change that.”

Ryan pulls back and looks me straight in the eyes, “what?”

I smile and repeat my words. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” I laugh a little at how cheesy this seemed and soon my lips were captured with his. Memories of when we first kissed went through my head. But this was a lot more intense than the last time we were in here.

I eventually ended up on my back with Ryan on top of me. His hands roamed under my shirt and I let them, not pushing him away. This all led me to thinking about sex though. I mean, did I really want my first time to be on a pool table Christmas morning? But then again, it's not supposed to matter when or where, right? It's just who you're doing it with. And I love Ryan so that shouldn't be a problem. At Thanksgiving though, I think I meant longer than four weeks to wait.

I run my hands under his shirt and pull it off in one swift move. Next my shirt came off, and he was trailing his fingers up and down my back, making me shiver. I move my hands down to the hem of his pants and draw designs around there. He let's out a moan of frustration and I smirk against his lips. Ryan started to unbuckle my pants and that's when the door opened.

I kept my eyes closed, not wanting to know who was standing there. Ryan pulled his shirt from the side and covered me up a bit.

“mommy, daddy!” I hear charlie yell. “Unc-”

Ryan swears and jumps off me, chasing his nephew down the hall. I slip on my shirt and fix my hair as best as I could before grabbing Ryans shirt and following the noise.

I found them downstairs in the dining room. Ryan had his hand around Charlies mouth, trying to make him be quiet.

“I'll give you anything dude. Just don't finish the sentence.” Ryan begs. Charlie shakes his head no, saying something incoherent into Ryans hand. “please, anything.” Suddenly Ryan jerked his hand away, “he bit me!”

“-making babies.” Charlie finishes his sentence from before. Ryan was looking at his bitten hand and I give him his shirt.

“we weren't making babies Charlie.” I say, bending down to his level. I could see Lydia lean closer, wondering how I would fix this one. “we were wrestling.” Everyone, excluding Sydney, were trying to hold back their laughs.

“but his shirt was off.” Charlie argued. I swear this kid was too smart for his own good.

“it was an intense wrestling match.”

Charlie nods like he understands and takes his seat at the table.

The table was filled with waffles and everything that goes along with that. Ryan pulls me to my seat next to Scarlet and he sits down on the other side.

“making babies huh?” Scarlet whispers, laughing quietly.

I put my finger up to my lips to shush her.

“so, Merry Christmas everyone!” Henry says with a laugh and we all dig in.

During breakfast we didn't do much more than just talk. And that was mostly about the wedding. Which was in a little under a month. Ryan started to draw circles on my thigh and was making me feel things that I shouldn't have been feeling.

“Okay, so the plans for today have changed a little. Henry and I have a lunch to go to at one and the kids were invited to some party, correct?” Lydia nods, “so then we'll just meet back here at say four for family dinner and movies?”

“I'm going over to Britney's for an exchange, so I'll be gone too.” Scarlet says.

Jane looks at Ryan and I, “be good you two.” she says and then, as if breakfast was done, everyone got up and went their separate ways.

Ryan smirks at his mom's comment, “great, now they think we're having sex.”

“could be worse.”

“and how is that?”

“your pants could have been off too.”

I playfully glare at him, “let's not go there.”

“come on, at least get changed out of your jeans and into your Christmas dress.”

“I've got no such thing.” I say, arguing.

“oh really? Because I'm pretty sure I saw this red and white dress calling your name.”

“you have some major issues if a dress is calling my name.”

He laughs, “you haven't even opened my present.”

“and you haven't opened mine.”

“so, it seems like we need to go finish what we started.”

“remind me why I'm dating you?”

“like I know.” we walk back into the game room and this time, just to be on the safe side, I lock the door.

“so, you woke up way too early on Christmas morning to get my present? Is it drugs or something?” Ryan asks, examining the wrapped box.”

“I know people.” is all I say.

“so you did get me drugs?”

“just open the damn present Ryan.” I hop onto the pool table and he's standing between my legs, unwrapping the gift.

The color drains from his face, “thanks.” he says, slightly scared.

“your welcome!”

“you got me the whole set at six in the morning?”

“like I said, I know people. But see, I have this all planned out. I know how much these movies scared you, and being the awesome girlfriend I am, I thought we could watch them making you cuddle with me. Isn't that sweet?”

“this conversation doesn't leave the room, got it?”

I laugh, “you mean I can't tell your friends?”

“you definitely cannot tell my friends.”

“well, your no fun.” I grab the box that was next to me, “now, what did you get me?” I shake the box a little to see if it made any noise.

“careful.” I stop shaking, “seriously, just open the package Sky. No shaking necessary.”

I carefully take the paper off, taking my time at it. When it's finally all on the floor, I come face to face with a laptop box.

“you got me a laptop?” I ask, confused. I mean, it was touching, yes. But I was content using the computers at the library, or Ryans laptop now that I'm here most of the time.

“you don't like it?”

“I like it. Very sweet of you. I'm just confused.”

“Well, I've noticed that whenever college is brought up, your face drops a little. So, I thought I'd get you your own computer, with web cam, so that we can still see each other everyday.”

“okay, you officially beat out my present. But was it really that obvious?”

Ryan nods and takes the box out of my hands and sets it aside, “yeah, but I think it's cute when you worry about that.”

“oh really?”

“mhmm.”

“I thought I was always cute?”

“um-well-you see-it's just that-the truth is-I-” I laugh as he keeps messing up.

“that's what I thought.” I wrap my legs around his waist and pull him towards me, “let's get these jeans off me so I can go change.” I whisper in his ear.

Ryan chuckles, “say please first.”

I pull back and furrow my eyebrows at him, “last time you were giving me flirting instructions and now it's manners? Which by the way, I didn't know those mattered while seducing someone.”

“so you admit to trying to seduce me?”

“trying implies that I failed. And I know I didn't fail.”

“and what makes you so sure of yourself.” I glance down to what was pressing against my thigh and back up at Ryan with a smirk. “oh.”

“let's go back to the bedroom. Oddly enough, this table really isn't all that comfortable.”

Ryan lifts me off the table and carries me out of the game room and down the hall to his.

“I do not want to know.” Scarlet says, walking by.

“we're not making babies!” I shout after her and hear her laugh echo through the halls.

When we finally enter his room he locks the door and sets me on the bed, ending up on top of me again. “now, where were we?”

I press my lips against his and in no time we were back to where Charlie had caught us in the game room. Ryans hand runs against the button the jeans and he pulls away, looking down at me.

“are you sure?” he asks.

I smile, “it's not like we're going all the way or anything.” I tell him and with that my jeans were off. Before, when we slept in only our undergarments, it was intimate enough. Now, making-out like that, it's even worse (and better, way better).

I flip us over so that I'm on top and start kissing down his neck. Ryan tries to hold back a moan but fails to, making me laugh some inside.

“Sky...” Ryan groans.

“hmm?”

“we need to stop.”

“but-”

Ryan pulls me up so that I'm facing him, “please Sky. I don't know how much longer I can last.”

“fine,” I shortly kiss him on the lips, “go take a shower. I'll get our stuff ready for the dinner.”

he nods and walks into the bathroom while I pick up his shirt and slip it on before walking over to the closet and pulling out the clothes. My dress, as Ryan mentioned before, was red and white striped, like a candy cane. I was also forced to wear these painful red plumps to dinner that I really didn't want to wear. Ryan's tie matched my dress, though when I offered that he wear a matching red and white suit, his parents said no.

I notice that my dress had a couple wrinkles in it so I decide to hang it in the bathroom. Ryan was already in the shower so there would be no harm in entering.

“Sky?” Ryan asks, confusion in his voice.

“yeah?”

“um, what are you doing in here?”

“hanging up my dress.” I answer, “don't worry, I'm leaving right now.”

“wait,” I pause at the door, “is that my shirt you're wearing?”

“yup.” with that, I leave the bathroom and climb under the covers to watch T.V. Not too long after, Ryan comes back in and slips into the bed with me. I lean against his chest and we both fall asleep to the sound of Icarly in the background.

About five hours later we were awoken by a knock on the door. “why is the door locked you two?” Ricks voice calls out to us.

“the door is locked?” I hear Jane asks, coming into the picture.

“Told 'ya they're making babies while we're gone.” Scarlet says.

I groan and roll over to look at the clock. It read 3:45. shit!

“Ryan, get up.” I say, attempting to get out of his tight grip. He mumbles something incoherent. “I don't know what you said, but it's a quarter til four and your family thinks we're having sex.”

This made him shoot out of bed and I laugh. He runs to the door and unlocks, “hey guys.” he says, trying to act all cool.

“the door was locked...” Jane says.

“good observation mom.” Ryan jokes. I'm assuming no one thought it was funny, “we weren't doing anything though, just sleeping.”

“fine. Just get dressed, dinner is in ten.”

Ryan nods and closes the door. I roll out of bed and walk back into the bathroom to grab my dress. I take off Ryans shirt and slip the dress on. Luckily, my hair wasn't a mess, and I had already put make-up on. So all I had to do was grab my heels and I was ready. Ryan on the other hand wasn't so lucky. Not to mention he still couldn't tie his own tie.

Even with the craziness of meeting people I didn't want to meet, fighting with Ryan, and having them think we're 'making babies,' I can honestly say this has been the best Christmas ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Song: My Only Wish by Britney Spears
comment.befriend.subscribe.promote.
please.
<3 justealizelife