Blue Sky and Other Things That Are Good For You

“It's a nice day to start again. It's a nice day for a white wedding.”

I slip on the red dress I had chosen months before. The wedding was finally here and I was actually somewhat excited for it. My only disappointment was that I had to wear heels. Other than that I thought I looked pretty damn good. My hair was curled and in a side ponytail and I was wearing my 'Sky' necklace from my birthday. Lydia came up next to me in the mirror. Her dress was gorgeous, I loved it. Though, most would call it plain I thought it looked amazing. It was strapless, and floor length with a red ribbon tied around the waist. Simple but great.

“you look beautiful Sky.” she says.

I smile at her, “not as beautiful as you. Especially after having two kids.”

we both laugh, “yeah, well, I made sure I was going to look like I would have if we had the wedding before kids.”

Scarlet jumps in on the other side of me, “Da-mn, we look hot.” she says, making Lydia and I both laugh.

“yes Scarlet, we do.” I agree with her.

Henry comes into the room, “okay ladies, it's time.”

I left first, meeting up with Ryan at the doors to the aisle. He smiled at me and kissed my cheek before we walked down.

The wedding ceremony went by pretty fast. Neither of them were religious so it was pretty much just their vows and then over.

The reception came quickly after and Ryan pulled me onto the dance floor as the played the song from my birthday.

“I wonder who recommended this.” I say while he twirls me around.

“yeah, I don't know.” he plays innocent. I notice the circle that had grown around us as others watched us dance.

“you just love having a crowd, don't you?”

“nah, I just love you.”

I laugh, “that was really cheesy.”

“that was really awesome is what it was.”

I roll my eyes and the song starts to come to an end. “don't dip me too low Ryan.” I warn him.

“and why is that?”

“because, I don't want you to drop me.” I say.

He dips me, and low too, just to whisper in my ear, “but you've already fallen.” he pulls me back up.

“you done with the cheesiness yet?”

“hmm, nah.” there was clapping around us but we, or at least I, just ignored it. We went back to the table and sat down. Rick came up and pulled a chair from another table to sit across from us.

“um, hi.” Ryan says, his arm around the back of my chair.

Rick ignores that, “so I have this theory.”

“joy, our worst subject Ryan.” I joke. Though we both got straight A's, Science was the one class we had to really work hard at.

“what is it Rick?”

“a couple months ago, I want to say November, Charlie said something about an Amanda.” Ryan tenses up, “so I figured that you Sky, were used as a fake girlfriend for the wedding. And then something happened between Amanda and Ryan and that was when your 'relationship' turned to being real.”

I look over at Ryan. This was one time when I didn't have a comeback, “we're caught.” Ryan says.

“wow, I was actually right?”

we both nod, “well then, I don't really have anything else to say.”

“you just came here to tell us your theory?”

“yeah, pretty much.”

“okay then...”

“oh, there's also this. You try pulling that one again Ryan, and I won't be keeping it a secret from everyone else.”

“right.”

“and good acting Sky, ever thought about going into that business.” I laugh. Ryan got a scolding and I got a compliment.

“I think I'll stick to my business stuff, but thanks for the compliment. I guess it's not that hard when you actually like the guy.” I smile and Rick nods, getting up from his seat and leaving us to be.

“you actually liked me?”

I roll my eyes, “I was lying Ryan.” I tell him, “we've been over this. You've liked me since elementary school, and I've grown to love you over the past few months.”

“you know, I never actually thought we'd become a couple. No matter how many times I dreamed about it.”

I laugh, “you actually dreamed about us dating?”

he nods shyly, “I'd go through different ways of asking you out.”

“and you finally decided that tricking me into being your fake girlfriend was the best way, huh?”

“okay, so maybe there were better ways to go about it.”

“yeah, there might have been.” he wraps his other arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

“but you still became mine in the end and that's all that matters.”

“so you weren't done with the cheesy statements.”

“nope, not even close.” he leans in to kiss me but pauses just before our lips touch. “I love you Sky.”

“love you too Ryan.”

he kisses me and then pulls me onto his lap, “you know, this isn't too shabby of a place for a wedding.”

I glare at him, “you just got me to date you for real. Do you really want to discuss wedding plans right now?”

“just thinking ahead.”

“as in ten years ahead. I do have this whole promise to myself.”

he chuckles, “you seem to have a lot of those.”

“when you've grown up with my life, you kind of need to have promises for yourself that you keep. It's kept me out of a lot of trouble over the years.”

“very true. So what's this particular promise?”

“That I won't marry before I'm twenty-five.”

a smile spreads onto his lips, “so only nine years.”

I playfully slap his arm, “Ryan! We're not discussing this any longer.”

There was a tug on my dress and I look down to Charlie standing there. “yes Charlie?” I ask after pulling away from Ryan.

“will you dance with me?” he asks and then adds, “please.”

I smile and bend down to his level. “of course. I'd love to dance with you Charlie.” he takes my hand and pulls me out to the dancefloor. I glance back at Ryan and see him laughing at the sight. After sticking my tongue out at him, I dance a couple songs with Charlie and then Sydney before being “allowed” to sit back down.

When we got back to the room later that night, Ryan and I both crashed on the bed, not even bothering to change out of our clothes. Who knew a wedding could be so exhausting?
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's short.
comment.befriend.subscribe.promote.
please.
<3 justrealizelife
Title Song: White Wedding by Billy Idol