Sequel: Hey Butterfly

Undead

Chapter Thirteen.

Chapter 13

I turn quickly to see George standing there.

“GEORGE!” I scream as I run over to him and hug him. “When did you get here?”

“Today,” he tells me then continues as if he read my mind. “I didn’t tell you because I wanted it to be a surprise.”

I smile at him as I hug him again. “Why did you come back?”

“Because I needed a vacation from my vacation, plus I missed you guys.”

“You missed her” Jorel corrects him as he walks to his door.

“Well yeah I missed her. But anyways what are you guys up to?”

“About to go paint our new place. You should come help” I tell him as I open the door to my room. “I need to change first.”

“I’ll help with that” George says with a wicked smile, shutting the door behind him.

“George you can’t. Jordon will be up soon” I tell him as I pull off my jeans and grab a pair of shorts from my bag.

“Doesn’t look like that is stopping you” he tells me jokingly as he steps closer to me.

“George” I say but then he presses his lips to mine. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too butterfly.”

I peel off my shirt and put on a tank top “Are you going to help me and Jorel paint?”

“Yeah, I’m not going to sit around here with Jordon when I could be watching you paint in a pair of booty shorts.”

“George” I say hitting him jokingly as the door opens. “Hey baby look who is visiting.”

“Hey George” Jordon says looking back and forth between us.

I walk over to him and kiss his cheek to show him it was alright, “He showed up just after I changed. He’s going to help Jorel and I paint.”

“Okay, I’ll see you when you get back” He says kissing me.

“Bye baby” I say to him then grab George’s hand and drag him out the door. AS I shut it behind me Jorel steps out of his room.

“You are full of shit” Jorel says to me.

“I am not!”

“He showed up after I changed” he says mimicking my voice.

“He closed his eyes?” I try, hitting the elevator button.

“Lies” Jorel says then points to George. “I’m watching you.”

“That’s kind of creepy” Mathew says as he and Charlotte join us as we wait for the elevator.

The elevator dings and we all step on. “The wheels on the bus go round and round” we all turn and look at Jorel. “What?”

“Why are you singing that?” I ask him.

“Because the wheels on a bus go round and round?”

I just shake my head at him, the elevator doors open to reveal a crowded lobby. Carefully we sneak through the crowd to the doors.

“I am so glad we are moving out of there” Charlotte says as we all walk to the mustang.

“Who is driving?” I ask.

“ME!” Jorel says instantly then runs to the driver’s side door before anybody could take it away from him.

“Okay then…” I say opening the passenger door and sliding in next to Jorel. George climbs in and sits next to me.

“Off to go paint some walls” Jorel says, starting the engine.

“And to paint Jorel with whatever is left over” I remind him.

“Oh yeah I never got an answer as to why he is doing that?” George injects from next to me.

“Because we were racing and the deal was whoever lost had to be covered in left over paint. Well he lost” I tell him with a proud smile.

“Completely unfair. There was an old couple that took forever to get off the elevator” Jorel angrily tells us as he turns.

“Oh Jorel suck it up and be covered in paint” Mathew throws in from the back.

“Wait, are you painting him or is he painting himself?” Charlotte asks.

“We never discussed that” I answer.

“Guess we will find out tonight” Jorel says, winking at me.

“So who is painting where?” George asks, clearly trying to distract Jorel and me.

“Jorel and I are painting our apartment, Mathew and Charlotte are painting theirs. I’m guessing you’ll be helping me and Jorel?”

“Yeah.”

“Well duh he’d never pass up an opportunity to watch you paint in a pair of booty shorts” Jorel says as he floors it through a yellow light.

“Did you listen to everything?” I ask him remembering he heard what I had said to Jordon.

“I was…getting my clothes from next to the door” he says, I caught the pause in his sentence and mentally pictured his room. His clothes were on the opposite side of the room.

“Anyways…we are home!” Charlotte says clearing up the tension as we pull up to the apartment building.

Jorel pulls into the parking space marked for our apartment. We all climbed out and started sorting out the paints.

“This goes to your living room” Mathew says handing me a can marked with a W and LR.

“Okay I think that is everything” Charlotte announces once the cans were with the proper owners.

“See you in a few hours” I say to her as we walk into the building and start climbing the steps.

“We will probably visit each other before we actually finish.”

“Just remember knock first” Mathew says as we reach my floor.

“I will, trust me I will” I tell him, watching them continue up the steps. “Jorel, you have the keys?”

“Yeah, back pocket” he tells me because his hands were full.

“You just want me to grab your ass” I reach into his pocket and grab the keys, then turn to unlock the door. “Ready to paint?”

“With you in a pair of booty shorts?” Jorel says. “Always.”

I shake my head at him, “Help me put these in the right rooms.”

I carry the ones marked with a B to Blake’s room and smile at the fact that my baby boy will soon be sleeping in this room.
“You okay?” Jorel asks as he passes to put paint into the bathroom.

“Yeah I’m fine. Just can’t believe I am stuck living with you!” I shout after him, not expecting him to be right behind me.

His wraps his arms around me, “It’s for your own protection.”

I pat his hand as he rests it on my stomach, “I know, I know.”

“Are we going to start painting or not?” George calls from the kitchen.

“Did you put the plastic down over the carpet in the living room?” I call back to him. Instantly I hear plastic moving as he does what I said. “We should put some down in here too.”

“Yeah” Jorel agrees but doesn’t loosen his grip on me. “Do you want to paint this room by yourself?”

“No, why would I?”

“Well it is going to be your kid’s room and… never mind. I’ll help you of course” he brushes a piece of hair off of my shoulder. “Let’s get started.”

I help Jorel spread out the plastic in Blake’s room, “We should start in the living room.”

We walk back into the living room to find George asleep on the plastic in the middle of the living room.

“I’m guessing you are going to take care of this?” Jorel asks.

“Yeah I guess.”

“I’m going to see if Charlotte and Mathew need any help. They are directly two floors above us right?”

“Two floors up. Third door on your right.”

“I’ll be back in ten” he informs me as he walks out the door.

As the door shuts I walk over to George, I put on foot on either side of him then sit on his stomach. “Hey mister I know you aren’t asleep. I’ve slept with you before, you make funny noises when you are asleep.”

Instantly his eyes open “You are too damn good.”

“I know” I tell him as I go to stand up. He puts his hands on my hips and pulls me back down to him.

“Don’t move. I like this too much.”

“George we need to start painting.”

“One more minute. I haven’t seen you in like a month. I miss you” he tells me as he pushes himself up onto his elbows and kisses me.

“George…”

“Please Willow” he begs me with his voice and his eyes.

“Don’t do that whole eyes trick on me” I tell him as I close my own eyes. After a few seconds I reopen them and smile at him, “You’re lucky you’re cute.”

“I know” he says quietly as I lean down to kiss him.

I stayed on top of him for a few more minutes, “We need to get painting now. Who knows maybe you’ll get some more later.” I stand up and smile down at him, then remember he isn’t going to be here forever. “When do you leave again?”

“I’m not telling you until the night before.”

“So you aren’t leaving tomorrow?”

“Did I tell you I was leaving?”

“No…”

“Then no, I am not leaving tomorrow” he tells me with a smile as he stands up and hugs me. “I really did miss you. Not the things I did with you.”

“I know, I trust you.”

“Wow the girl with trust issues, trusts me of all people.”

“Shut up and get painting” I tell him, throwing a brush at him.

“Yes master. Where are we starting?”

“Living room.”

We painted in silence until Jorel came back. “Let’s get this party started let’s see some 40 chuggin’ I wanna see” he sings then runs over to me and pulls me into him. “Your booty rubbin’ against my dick when I start buzzin’”

“Jorel!”

“Scream my name bitch!”

“Jorel Decker!”

“I can’t hear you!!”
“Jorel stop” I say in a low voice. Instantly he stops.

He laughs at my expression then kisses my cheek, “Did you miss me?”

“Where did you go? I thought you were only going to Charlotte’s.”

“I did, and then we came up with an amazing idea that you will find out about later. That is if Jordon doesn’t walk over here and kill me.”

“Jorel, what did you do this time?” George asks as he puts the roller he was using back into the light blue paint.

“You can know now but you should go ask Charlotte so this one doesn’t over hear me telling you” Jorel says nodding his head to his own words.

“Alright, I’ll be back” George says running out the door.

“You will have to be locked in Blake’s room with headphone’s in at some point tonight” Jorel informs me as he picks up George’s roller.

“At what time?” I ask looking at my phone.

“What time is it now?”

“4:36.”

“Probably around 7 or 8” he says as he begins to paint the wall again. “We should really get this coat finished tonight.”

“Do you think we will need more than one coat?” I ask him, picking up my own roller from the dark blue paint bucket.

“Maybe, we will see after this coat is done” he answers as George bursts through the door.

“Dude that is an excellent plan!” George exclaims giving Jorel a high five.

“I wanna know!” I complain like a 5 year old.

“You can in 3 hours” George says as he kisses my forehead.

“Jorel this isn’t fair!”

“You’re right, you are a princess” Jorel says not even turning to look at me.

“Fine be that way” I shout handing my roller to George. “I’m going in Blake’s room!” I storm down the hallway and shut Blake’s door behind me.

I uncap the paint and pour it into the roller bucket, pick up a roller, and start to paint. As I painted I thought of the decorations I could put up in here. I didn’t want to push anything on Blake like being a rockstar, but it would be fun to put some guitars up or animals. Charlotte would help her think of some things to do. Time passed quicker than I thought because soon enough I was done half of the room, I took a short break then kept painting. Blake James would soon be sleeping in this very room, while mommy worried about him right next door.

“Willow” I hear Jorel say lightly behind me. “Wow you finished fast.”

I look around the room and realize this bit of wall was the last I had to do. “I know.”

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah I am fine” I say as I finish the wall and put my roller down on the plastic.

“Will you look at me please?”

I turn and look at him, instantly I ran into his arms and cried into his shoulder.

“Calm down. Everything is going to be okay.”

“You can’t promise me that.”

“I can’t promise you the sun will rise tomorrow morning but I’m pretty sure it will. And I am pretty sure that everything will be okay. You wanna know why?”

I nod my head.

He whispers into my ear, “Because I love you.”

“I love you too” I whisper back to him. “Never leave, okay?”

“I promise you that I won’t.”

“Thank you” I tell him as I wrap my arms around his neck and rest my head on his shoulder.

“Ready for your surprise?” he asks after a few minutes of stroking my hair silently.

“Of course” I tell him as I stand back on my own.

He smiles at me as he wipes the tears from my face. “I’m going to send George in here to keep you entertained while I…do something.”

“Okay” I tell him sadly as he walks out the door. Seconds later George walks in.

He sits down in the closet, because that was the only place not painted, and leans against the wall. “You know I used to be the one you always ran to.”

I walk over and sit in his lap, “technically you came running after me when I happened to need you.”

He pulls me into him, “It’s only because I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“Hey Butterfly?”

“Yes.”

“Who do you love the most?”

“George I can’t answer this.”

“It’s okay, Butterfly.”

“Why do you call me Butterfly?”

“Because butterflies are beautiful” he tells me then continues before I could interject. “And they get caught in the wind easily. Just like you.”

“But I’m not-“ I start to say but he interrupts me.

“If you say you aren’t beautiful I will leave and never ever come back. You are beautiful. One of these days look at yourself, look at the positives not the negatives. So what if you happen to have a zit that day? Have you seen your eyes? Do you know how many girls would kill to have a body like yours?”

“George…stop.”

“But it’s the truth and you need to realize that!”

“I am sick of believing people. All they do is paint me a pretty picture of lies and hate then disappear.”

“Wait, what was that you just said?”

“They paint me a pretty picture of lies and hate?”

“Yeah that. I like it.”

“Me too. I’ve been saying it ever since a kid broke my heart when I was a freshman.”

“Jeesh, you seem to get your heart broken a lot” Jorel says, scaring the hell out of me.

“JOREL!”

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you I thought you heard the door open!”

“It’s okay” I tell him, standing up and hugging him.
“Well your surprise is ready” he tells me, ushering me to the door. “Hold on. We don’t have a bandana so I have to cover your eyes with my hands.”

I feel him put his hands over my eyes then slowly guides me into my room. Finally he uncovers my eyes and I open them to see a make shift sleep over. There were three air mattresses blown up on the floor. One covered by my Gears of War blanket, one covered by Charlotte’s Left for Dead blanket, and the other covered by a plain black blanket. Set up in front of the beds was my laptop, a giant bowl of popcorn, and a stack of movies.

“Jorel this is amazing!” I tell him as I turn and hug him.

“I thought you would like this. When I left I went back to the hotel to grab some stuff then went to the store and grab some more stuff.”

“All we need now is some booze” George says from behind us.

“In the fridge. But don’t get too drunk because Willow is making us breakfast.”

“I am?”

“Yeah. Chocolate chip pancakes, cinnamon buns, hash browns, eggs, blueberry muffins, and toast” Jorel informs me with a smile.

“Since when do we have the stuff to make this?”

“Since I went to the store. Go look in the kitchen.”

I race down the hall to the kitchen and start exploring all the cabinets. Sure enough there was food all over the place. He even remembered to grab paper plates and plastic silverware.

“Jorel you are amazing!”

“I’ll probably be saying that to you in the morning when you make this amazing breakfast!”

I grab a beer out of the fridge and toss it to Jorel. “You even got soda for me.”

“Well yeah, pregnant girl can’t get drunk” He tells me as he walks over and hugs me. “I’m glad you like it.”

“I love it.”

“I’m going to go get Charlotte and Mathew. You snuggle down into your Gears of War bed and pick out a movie” he kisses my forehead and heads towards the door.

“Jorel, are you sleeping with me tonight?”

“Do you want me to?” I nod my head as he smiles. “Then yes I will.”

After the door shuts I grab a Sunkist out of the fridge and head back to the room. I find George sorting through the movies.

“What do you think we should watch?” he asks me as I lay down in my bed.

“I don’t care. The one to the left” I tell him as he holds two movies up towards me.

“The Breakfast Club it is” he puts the movie in my laptop and waits for it to play. “Jorel sleeping with you tonight?”

“Yeah but you can pull you bed closer and it’ll be like I’m sleeping with you too” I tell him as I reach for his bed. Finally the bed allows me to grab it, I pull it closer then look up at George and smile. “I would sleep with you tonight but Jorel put this together for me.”

“I understand” he tells me as he climbs into his bed right next to me. “Hello Butterfly.”

I put my wrist on his pillow and look at the bracelet he gave me. “I love it. It is beautiful but you should waste your money on me.”

“Money spent on you definitely isn’t wasted.”

“I think so” I tell him as I hear the front door open.

“Honey I’m home” I hear Jorel call jokingly.

“OH Baby I missed you so much!” I call back.

Jorel comes running down the hall into the room, “Ooo I like the sound of that.”

I laugh as he climbs into the bed next to me and snuggles close to me. I turn to face him and breathe in, “Jorel you put on axe!”

“Yeah I did” he smiles as I bury my face into his shirt and breathe in.

“Willow I don’t think that is healthy for the baby” I hear Charlotte say from the doorway.

“It’s healthy for me!” I tell her my face still full of Jorel’s shirt.

“Willow you need to breathe fresh air at some point” I hear Jorel say above my head.

“No I don’t” I tell Jorel my face full of shirt.

“Yes you do” he tells me. “The feeling of your body against me is great and all BUT I don’t like your face on my chest.”

I lean back and look at him, “I would ask you where you want my face but I don’t want the answer.” I lay my head on the pillow and look at him.

“What are you thinking about?” Jorel asks me staring back into my eyes.

I close my eyes and move closer to him, soaking in his warmth. “Nothing.”

He wraps his arms around me, “Liar.”

“You know you love me” I whisper to him.

“Of course.”

I smile to myself. I was in a perfect place, right next to Jorel. The man that had set up this whole slumber party for me. The man that loved me no matter what stupid thing I did. I open my eyes and look at Jorel’s shirt. “Jorel, do you remember that autograph signing you did a few years ago in North Andover, Mass?”

He thinks for a minute, “Yeah, there were some crazy people there.”

“Do you remember that girl who had been freaking out saying that she was going to meet her husband?”

“Yeah, she was mad cute but crazy. Why?”

“That was me.”

He pulls away from me a little and looks down at me, “Seriously? You knew Jordon was going to be your husband even then?”

I laugh and pull him closer to me. “I wasn’t talking about Jordon.”

I feel his arms tighten around me as I drift into sleep. In the distance I hear my phone vibrate on the floor in front of the bed. I ignore it and sleep in the bed with Jorel. The man I think I love…