Status: Complete!!

My Undead Life With Damon Salvatore

Chapter 11

I went back over to their house after a few hours, after I showered I took a brief nap. I was dressier in sweat pants and a t-shirt and went back to Damon's. I didn't bother knocking anymore, instead I walked in.
"Hello?" I called out. I felt an arm wrap around my waist and I was being pulled into a hard chest. A giggle escaped from me, and I heard his familiar chuckle.
"There is no way I'm letting you go this time." I could hear the smirk in his voice. I looked up and saw him looking down at me.
"That's fine with me. I won't let you." I twisted around in his arms.
"That's good." He bent down and kissed me softly.

The rest of the summer was pure bliss. Sometime in July my mom was brought back home. She still thinks that I was staying with friends.
I was lying in my room, organizing my clothes sometime in late August, shortly after my eighteenth birthday, when Damon came in. Through the front door though.
"What are you doing?" he sat down on the pink chair at my desk, watching me as I carefully placed each article of clothing on its hanger.
"Getting ready for school tomorrow." yes, it was the first day of school already, and I was dreading it. On the bright side, it was my last one.
He groaned. "Do you have to go? Couldn't you just drop out? That would be better." All summer long he had been trying to tempt me to leave high school and go on fabulous trips with him all over the world. Some of them, most of them, we're very tempting, but I was so close to finishing.
"You know that I can't. I have one year left. You will live." I placed my clothes in the closet and kissed his cheek.
"But I'm too awesome for you to leave for a whole seven hours a day!" he whined.
"But you can always drive me to school! And pick me up, more time together!" I smiled and sat on his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck.
"You knew I already planned in it." I moved off of him and we said our goodbyes.

I awoke the next morning to the unholy sound of my alarm clock. I rolled over to it and smashed it with my hand.
My mom popped her head in the door while I was putting my make-up on. "I was making sure you were up. And don't forget we have pictures to take." she winked at me for some strange reason and left my room once again.
I was finished getting dressed in my yellow dress that went to my knees, along with a black belt and heels. My hair was curled down my back in loose curls and I wore a black headband to hold it back.
"Kaylee! Hurry up!" my mom was calling me from the living room. I grabbed my back pack, which looked like an owl, and quickly hurried to her.
"Smile!" I did, and the doorbell rang. "Love you!" she called after me as I ran out the door.
I walked with Damon to his car and we sped down the hill to the school. "You look beautiful." he said to me after a moment.
"Why thank you." I flipped my hair over my shoulder and laughed. "So, what are your plans for the day? You have the house all to yourself." I raised my eyebrow at him.
"I'm going to the ball committee." every year in our town we had a ball. Residents put it on, and hundreds came. Damon had asked me to it, my mother finished the dress the week before, a week before it actually took place.
"Oh, that sounds fun filled and exciting. You'll be hanging out with all the old people." I started giggling. The thought of Damon around the elderly made me laugh. "Hey, you probably have a lot in common with them!"
"You're hilarious." the sarcastic tone dripped from his words. "They aren't all elderly, there are a few ladies that are younger. " he knew that would shut me up. "They are all my age." he winked. I knew that he was kidding, but I wanted to slap the smirk off of his face.
"Well, it would be a shame to loose you, but not a total loss." I started to pout. I did suck that he would do things like that to me, just to get me upset.
"None of them would have the sexy pouty look you have though." I cracked a smile at his sweet gesture to try and make me feel better.
We pulled up at the school and he parked right out front. "Oh great. What am I going to do without you?" I sighed.
"You'll make it. And if you ever want me to call you out of class... That can be arranged." he winked at me
I reached over and kissed him on the cheek. "I love you. Stay out of trouble." I grabbed my bag from the back.
"I'll try." I opened the door to get out of the car. "I love you, too." he smiled at me from under his sunglasses. I stepped out of the car and shut the door behind me. He drove off quickly fared waving at me for a second.
I went to go into the school until I heard a familiar voice from behind me. "Hey! Kaylee!" Mickayla was running at me. "Was that Damon?" she asked me, flipping her bright red hair over her shoulder.
I nodded. "Yup, it was." I liked the fact that she knew who it was. For some reason I made me really happy.
We were walking into the school when she looked at me. "He still drives you to school?" we were weaving through the crowd in the lobby to get to the front office to turn out paper work in and get out locker numbers.
"Yeah. Why?" I looked at her. She was giving me a strange look. Yes, people probably wanted to know why he wasn't in college or something. I didn't care what they said though, they didn’t know his secret. He’s been to college several times already!
“Oh, just wondering.” I located my locker, which was closest to my first period class, according to my schedule.
I heard the assembly staring for the perp for the new year. I went with a group of other students to the gymnasium and spotted my friends looking for me. I could see Sara over the rest of the crowd, she was standing at the top of the bleachers. She was tall anyway, so this was not hard to miss we saw each other simultaneously. She jumped and waved as I slowly made my way through the crowd to her, Mickayla and Mackenzie.
I hugged Kenzie and smiled at the other two. "It's insane down there!" I exclaimed over the loud noises that filled the room. They all nodded. "Where's Stefan?" I asked Sara, he was usually with her.
She shrugged. "He should be here soon." And as soon as we said that, he was spotted entering the gym. I presumed he heard us talking about him. We waved him over and he got to us fairly quickly.
He smiled. "Hey." he smiled at us. He kissed Sara on the cheek. "Good morning." he whispered to her. I was suddenly very envious of her. Damon wasn't around to kiss me like that. I mentally shook myself, I would be fine.
The principal started talking and everything became quiet. It was going to be a long day.

After a while we were released to go to our classes, Sara and I had every one of them together. We went over rules and we were handed our text books. The lunch bell rang and we all raced out of the class as quickly as possible. Sara and I went to our lockers, and dashed out the door, only to be cut off by a very scary senior who was also in our class.
"Hey Hansen." His name was Steve Walek. He was one of those people that you wouldn't want to mess with, and trust me, I didn't. I stayed far away from him, especially after he had been hauled away after threatening a kid with a knife. The worst part about him was the fact that I knew he liked me. That scared me worse than anything else.
"Hi Steve." I tried being nice to everyone. So I smiled at him and tried side stepping him. Unfortunately he blocked me. "I'm trying to go to lunch." I was getting irritated.
He gave me a half laugh. "So you don't have your boy-toy here anymore to protect you." The smile on his face made me sick to my stomach. "What would he say if I kissed you?" The next thing I knew, his mouth was on mine and he was forcing his tongue in my mouth. Where the hell was Sara or Stefan?
I tried shoving him off with all of my might. He barely moved, but it was enough for him to move. "You bitch!" he shouted, and proceeded to punch me in the stomach. A slap, I could have handled, but this was so hard that it brought me to the ground. I was doubled over on the ground, coughing hard, and I tasted the rusty taste of my own blood.
My vision was blurred but I saw the figure of a person shove Steve out of the way.
"Someone go get the nurse!" I heard Stefan yell. I was continuously coughing up blood onto the pavement. A moment I felt someone holding my head sideways. I groaned I pain, if I could say thank you to him I would, but I suspected that it would sound nothing like that.
I heard the clicking of heals on the sidewalk. "What happened hear?" the worried close of our school nurse asked. I kept coughing.
"Steve Walek punched her after he tried to miss her." My eyes fluttered as I tried to keep them open.
"Kaylee! Don't you dare pass out!" Sara was there. She came from know where. I made a noise inky throat in Response.
"Be careful." they were picking me up. I saw the blue sky and clouds go by me in a blur. I was being laid down on the cot in he office. The light yellow room made me uncomfortable, it hurt to look at.
"I can take her home." I heard Stefan say. They were calling my mom, I knew it would take her a while to get to the school, and Stefan was on the phone with her now. "It's no problem." I heard him tell her.
So it was set. I was laying in the backseat of his car, trying not to throw up. My eyes stared up at the black top of his car.
"Thank you." I managed to say with a hoarse voice. My head was spinning and I was pretty sure I needed to see a doctor. I would probably see the one we had in our town.
"Shh, you don't need to say anything. I'll get Damon over as soon as possible. I know he'll wan. To see you." I saw him look behind at me. I could only smile in response. My mom met us on the from porch. Stefan insisted that he carry me to my room.
I felt the soft cushioning of my bed underneath me. He left shortly after. My mom walked back in to my room, and the bed dipped down where she sat.
"My poor baby." she was petting my face the way she used to when I was sick or hurt as a kid. "I can't stay long. But Stefan said he would call Damon and he would stay with you. I trust him enough to be able to watch over you. But you do have an appointment in an hour, he can take you to that too." the house phone rang and she jumped to answer it.
I was left alone in my room contemplating life. I didn't deserve this. I didn't do anything wrong, it wasn't my fault that I was so screwed up now.
She came back a second later. "I love you." she bent down and missed me on the forehead. "He'll be here in a minute. Call if you need anything." I nodded and she was gone. Damon came in her place.
He sat next me and he bent down and hugged me. I cried into his leather jacket. I was in so much pain, and he was there to comfort me.
"It'll be okay. He wont be there to hurt you tomorrow." I let go of him and dropped back down into my bed. "I won't do anything, I'll just scare him" I figured he could see the concerned look on my face. I sighed irritatedly.
"I'm tired." I said as I yawned. He laughed at me and shook his head.
"I'm not aloud to let you until you go to the doctor. Stefan said you hit your head really hard." Darn it, my eyes were killing me. I wanted to crash on my bed and never wake up again. "Let's get going." he stood up and offered me his hand. I changed my shirt quickly and we walked down the stairs and my head was still spinning.
The drive to the hospital we had in our turn was only a short drive away. We checked in and we were able to be see right away.
"So what happened?" I explained to him how I was punched in the stomach and how I hit the concrete hard. He checked me for a concussion, and I had one. "Check on her once an hour. Wake her up every hour if she's asleep." We were sent off and we were back at my house in no time.
We pulled out the bed that was in the couch and I laid down. It was the only room in the house with a television. I changed into pajamas and Damon laid next to me.
"Kaylee, I will never leave you again. I will be there for you. No one can hurt you." I was wrapped in his arms while he whispered this to me.
"But how-" he shushed me. It hurt my voice to talk, and it wasn't the prettiest sound that came from me.
"Trust me." I nodded in reply. "Now go to sleep. I'll be here when you wake up." I closed my eyes and breathed in his scent. It always made me calm.
The rest of the night passed slowly. I was awoken every hour on he hour. I hated it. He did make me dinner though, and for that I was grateful.
I was exempt from school for the rest of the week. I know that sounds like a while, but we started on a Wednesday.
I was lying in bed at lunch time waiting to take some more medicine when I received a text message from Mickayla.
'Hey, Steve looks like the walking dead. It's hilarious.' this was followed by a picture of him. His eyes had dark circles under them and he was pale. His eyes were hollow, he looked like he had the life sucked out if him.