Status: Complete!!

My Undead Life With Damon Salvatore

Chapter 22

After driving my parental unit back home, I grabbed my box of things from my trunk and brought them into the house.
"You get very wistful when you talk about me." Damon said, leaning against the closet door frame as I hung up my shirts in the walk-in room.
"I don't know what you're talking about." I smiled as I felt the heat rush to my face. Luckily I was turned away from him and he didn't have to see my embarrassment.
"So the way I move the strands of hair from your face doesn't phase you at all?" I turned around to see a smirk drawn across his face, 'of course the love of my life had to have super senses' I thought sarcastically.
I stopped grabbing things from the box that was set on the accessory table and walked up to him, making our faces only inches away. "Not at all." I whispered.
He gently cupped my cheek in his hand and I leant into it, closing my eyes. I felt him tile my head slightly to the right and his lips gently press against mine. I kissed him back instantly, not wanting to stop the moment. Unfortunately for me, I had to breath and I did have to pull away after a while.
"So maybe it phases me a little bit." I said, caressing his face with my delicate hands. I gave him a loving half smile before I turned back to putting my clothes up. He stood there and watched me for the last ten minutes until I grabbed the box and my doll and we left. I flicked off the light to the room and walked over to the dresser where I placed Ollie. She wasn't creepy like some dolls. She was sweet with a small smile that was embroidered on with light pink thread to match the rest of her velvet skin.
"Sara has some last minute plans she wants to go over. And since they haven't come to visit yet, I figured that now would be a good time to show them the house." he smiled. I knew what he was getting at, and it was fine by me. He wanted to throw his home in his brothers face and that was fine with me.
"Alright. Sounds great." We walked down to the home theater and put a movie in. I fell asleep within the first hour. Despite the fact that it was four in the afternoon I had been extremely tired.
I awoke in our large comfortable bed burrowed underneath the gold and white spotted bedspread. Damon was watching television lounging next to me. I moved over and he wrapped his arm around me. It was a very normal thing. The television said that it was midnight. I yawned again practically on cue with the fact that I was thinking how late it was.
"You've been sleeping a lot lately. Is everything alright, love?" he looked at me. I shrugged.
"Yeah. I feel fine. Other than the constant sleeping that is." if my mother were there and thank god she wasn't she would have asked if I was feeling nauseous and have mood swings. I knew that there was no possible way for me to be pregnant, it would be against the force of nature; we were already breaking that by me being a human and not killing me. But we had that situation taken care of, there was a giant freezer in the garage full of blood.
I was just stressed about my mother I think. I would sleep better later. I did fall asleep shortly after our conversation though.
I awoke to a bouncing on the bed. It didn't seem like something that Damon would do, but I wasn't always too sure about him… I turned around reluctantly to see Sara's big green eyes in my face. I screamed a bit and shot up in bed.
I went to the bathroom ignoring her, and I put my contacts in and wrapped my light blue bathrobe around me. I walked back into the room and saw Sara lounging in the sitting part of the bedroom.
"You don't have to get dressed just yet." she smiled up at me from the light yellow chair placed in the middle of the cheerful room.
"Oh good. Well, if you don't mind, the human is hungry." I pushed my way past her. It was 7:30 in the morning on a Saturday. I had things to do through the week. Not much, but somethings.
I was feeling lazy, and took the elevator, because I could. Sara met me at the bottom of the stairs and I walked into the kitchen and to the pantry off to the right of it. The slight patter of my bare feet on the hardwood floor clicking with me.
I grabbed a breakfast bar and sat at the counter. I glanced to my right, noticing slight movement to the side. I turned and saw Damon. I jumped slightly not expecting anyone to be there.
"It's to early to make me jump twice in the last ten minutes." I told him while he smiled and rolled his eyes.
"You get to go on another shopping trip though." Damon nudged my shoulder slightly. I took a breath and finished my food.
"Alright. I'm ready." I called after ten minutes of getting dressed in a jean skirt with blue and black leggings and my knee-high converse and a white off the shoulder top.
I kissed Damon goodbye. "Behave." I told him jokingly.
"What will I do without you to keep me in line?" he taunted back with a sparkle in his eye.
"I love you." I called out, walking towards the door. Sara and I were taking my car. I grabbed the keys from the hook they were kept on and shut the door. I had unlocked it earlier and Sara was sitting in the passengers seat, bouncing off a wall.
"Drive woman!" she yelled at me with a creepy grin. I hated when she was hyper; it was to much to handle.
We were in the city within the hour, and thankfully Sara had calmed down when we walked into the store. Sara went and talked to someone in the back, while I was stuck waiting awkwardly at the cash register with a very curious guy as the cashier watched me. We were in flower shop confirming her order for the wedding which was only a week away.
"Are you the maid of honor?" he asked while I was looking at some of the odds and ends they had around the store.
"Is it that easy to tell?" I looked over my shoulder at him. I would guess early twenties, he was gawky and skinny with strawberry blonde hair. He seemed nice enough, I put down the card I had and went to the counter.
"No, but you had that longing look in your eyes." I wasn't to sure what he meant by this.
"Oh?" I raised my eyes in question.
"You know, always the brides maid, never the bride." he placed his arms on the table and leaned down to meet me with a cocky grin on his face.
"Actually, Geremy," I said, reading his name tag, "she is marrying my husbands brother." I replied in a bratty tone, challenging him to say something else. I wasn't in the mood for creepy guys in flower shops to hit on me. Or anyone for that matter.
"You don't look like you could be married." he said taken slightly aback.
"Looks can be deceiving." luckily Sara came out and we walked back to my car, practically skipping. We were laughing about my conversation which I knew very well she heard clearly. Putting the roof down, I saw Geremy through the wide window in the front watching us with an astonished look on his face. I put my sunglasses on and waved as we backed out of the parking lot.
We then continued on to the cake shop, catering service, picked up the suits, made sure the music guy had her playlist, most of these things we could have done over the phone, but Sara wanted to go on a small road trip, that was clear.
"Let's go eat." she jumped suddenly while we were walking out of the last shopping place. She skipped ahead of me and jumped in the car. Literally.
"Where should we go?" I asked, tossing my jacket in the backseat and adjusting my red and white poka dot sunglasses. I turned the key in the ignition listening to the engine hum for a moment.
"There's that new place, downtown. Let's go there." with such little description I still knew what she was talking about. I shrugged and turned down the street. Upon arriving we were sat immediately and the place was completely empty. That's when I thought something was up. A minute or so after being sat in the dimly lit fancy restaurant, a waiter came out of the kitchen. That's when the place erupted in a giant word of 'SURPRISE!' I jumped out of my chair and spun around to look at everyone smiling at me. I had completely forgotten my birthday. I put it off because Sara had me tangled up in her schedule.
I smiled back. There were all of my friends, my mother, father -luckily not his girlfriend-, Ella, my grandparents, Stefan, for some strange reason Alaric, and Damon.
I let out a small laugh. "Oh my gosh, this is amazing!" I spoke, still in shock.
I felt an arm around my shoulder. "Its the least we could do considering all the help you've been. You needed a fantastic birthday! " Sara cheerfully spoke. I went around everyone and hugged them. Even the mean girls from my class had been there, putting fake smiles on. I kissed Damon on his cheek.
"You are the sweetest." I said grabbing his hand to hold.
He smiled down at me. The rest of the group was talking amongst themselves. "I wish I could take credit for this one, but it was all Sara."
Then the cake was brought out before I could say anything else.
It was a white cake with whit pipping around the outside of it, and on every corner was a set of three roses with their green leaves and vines leading out into the middle of the cake. In light purple writing, it said, '19 years, may you live a hundred more!' I laughed, knowing the inside joke between the tree of us, and Mackenzie.
No, they never compelled her to forget, I wanted her to know so that I wouldn't feel bad about being the only one who wasn't a creature of the night that knew the secret.
I blew out the candles and made a wish. Then the presents, which I felt weren't needed, but they were there and I wasn't going to pass the opportunity up. I received several lacy night gowns in the colors of turquoise, purple and deep green. All from Sara. Upon opening these, my grandmother said from the back of the room, "Those won't make it to the wedding night!" yes, my grandmother said this. I laughed along with everyone else although blushing heavily and Damon gave me one of his suggestive smiles that made me weak in the knees. New makeup from Ella, books from Alaric, shoes from Kenzie and Mickayla. And multiple other things from everyone else. From my mother and father though, I was gifted with marriage books and a picture frame, which they told me was for the wedding certificate and to put it in a place where we would see it everyday. It sounded like a motivational thing to me.
I gathered everything up and put it in the back of my car before heading back inside. It turned out that the whole restaurant was rented out just for us. We talked with each other for about another hour before we left to go back home.
Sara rode home with Stefan and I drove home by myself. Of course Damon arrived earlier than I did due to the fact that he drove much faster than need be.
I grabbed the boxes and set them on the coffee table in the living room. I knew Damon was home and could hear me. "You know," I started out. "it's rude to leave a damsel in distress without any help." referring to carrying everything into the house by myself.
He was in the room holding boxes when he arrived. "These, are from me." there were about four of them, medium sized, all wrapped perfectly. Sometimes I wondered about him.
"You didn't need to get me anything. We have an amazing house. You already gave me everything I could ask for, and more." he set the boxes next to the ones I carried in. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pulled me into him by my waist.
"I know, but I thought I should have all of my bases covered." he kissed my lips quickly before leading me to the couch. He handed me the first one. I opened it with a curious look on my face.
"Fruit snacks?" I asked, quiet puzzled. I did have a weakness for them.
He shrugged. "They are the things you were eating when we first met." impressed, I sat there staring at him before he handed me the next one.
I ripped it open quickly and pulled out the object from inside. A ballerina figurine. Her light skin and blonde hair with her mid spin was enchanting. I had seen it once on a field trip to a museum I had told Damon about. There was only one like it. He handed me two more, one with the movie Angus, Thongs, and the Perfect Snogging. The other with a book.