Status: Complete!!

My Undead Life With Damon Salvatore

Chapter 23

We were sitting around the table in the dining room, drinking Damon's favorite, scotch. Yes, I wasn't 21 yet, but there was a high possibility that I would never be. Not to mention the fact that I hardly ever had a sip of alcohol much less a drink and it wasn't my intention to get drunk.
"Your grandmother was right." Damon said smiling at me provocatively.
I raised my eyebrow at him in question. "About what?"
"Those nightgowns might not make it until the wedding night." He and I both bust out laughing.
"Why would she have even said that?" I took a breath in between giggles. "I swear I have the weirdest family ever!"
"I like your family, it's much more entertaining than my brother, Mr. Morals." oh he was clever. I rolled my eyes at him.
"But Stefan's awesome! Despite his damn good intentions." I smiled. "You know it's true, darling."
"You, my dear, are dunk." Damon said I shook my head vigorously, about to speak. "Don't argue this one with me. I know, you are in my area of expertise." He stood up and walked to the other side of the table. He picked me up and I suddenly felt very tired and buried my head in his chest while he carried me up the several flights of stairs. Like I said, it wasn't my intention to get drunk, but it happened anyway, and that was my fault.
In the morning though, I vowed to never drink again. My body ached and I had an apocalyptic headache. I was lying in bed, groaning, when I felt Damon's cool hand on my back.
I looked up from under the covers and saw him standing above me with a glass and a tablet. "Here, drink this." he handed it to me and I drank it quickly. Luckily, that was the worst part of the week.
Nothing terribly exciting happened until Friday night, the day before Sara's wedding. Yes, I had planned a party for her. Well, she told me what she wanted and I supplied it. It involved dancing and Mackenzie and Mickayla. We had a lady come to privately teach us how to belly dance. It was probably the most randomly fun things I had ever done. Of course, we had matching outfits to go with the dancing. Afterwards we stayed in the hotel room that we had, the wedding was in a little town on the outskirts of the city. I woke up first, by a text from Damon. Sara and I had separate rooms, as well as Mickayla and Kenzie.
'Big day, good luck with bridezilla. ;)' he said immediately followed by another one saying, 'Delete that last one before she can see it, unless you want to be a widow at 19.'
I quickly replied saying, 'Well, I have been told I look good in black.'
I got up out of the comfortable bed, after deleting the message, and went into the bathroom for a quick shower. I was up an earlier than needed, but I had more time than everyone else. I put on my light blue eye shadow and black eyeliner and threw on my bathrobe while I waited for everyone else to wake up.
'How's Stefan?' I sent to Damon out of boredom and curiosity.
'Boring as always. But he does seem pretty excited. It's amusing. How was he party?'
I thought about it for a minute, and now that I thought about it, my stomach hurt slightly from the sudden workout. 'It was fun, but tiring. What did you do? I can only imagine Stefan at a party ;)' oh I was a smart ass.
'Oh yeah, real party animal. We didn't do anything. Open your door.' after receiving this, there was a small knock at my door and I opened it, expecting to see Damon, but instead found a lady holding a bouquet of flowers.
"Mrs. Salvatore?" she asked in a high pitched kind voice.
I nodded. "Yes, that's me." I smiled at her. She handed me the bouquet.
"These are for you. Enjoy." and with that, she sauntered off down the hallway.
It was an assortment of lily’s, daffodils, carnations, daisies of all color. I took in their sweet smell and looked at the card that was tied around them. It was a simple, 'I love you.' nothing over the top, but something that I needed to here, well, at least read. I put them down on the desk that was provided in the room, grabbed my room key and dashed off down the hall, shutting the door behind me. I ran past each room on my floor, 215,216, 217. The door was slightly and I ran into it without knocking. There was Damon, fully dressed and looking as handsome as ever. His hair was slicked back I. A still slightly messy way, and his clothes fit him perfectly. I was still in my bathrobe, my hair in a clip, and with no shoes on and only my slip on underneath.
"I think you might be thrown out if you dress like that, although, what you have on underneath, I approve of." The pale white lace peaked out from underneath.
I took a step towards him. "Even in a romantic gesture, that comment still will not ruin this." he bent down to meet my kiss and I forcefully wrapped my arms around his neck. He pushed me up against the wall in a fiery passion, a slight moan escaped my lips. I loved the way his lips molded perfectly to mine as they moved in time against each other. He put his hands on my hips and pulled me closer to him. I felt slightly guilty for making out, quiet intensely, with my husband on my best friends wedding day, but the guilt vanished as soon as Damon broke off the kiss slowly. Only kissing me lightly on my lips.
Slightly out of breath, I said "I have to get ready, the hair dresser is supposed to be here in ten minutes." I laid my hand on his cheek and brushed it slightly with my thumb.
He sighed. "I should go see how my brother is doing." I was walking out of the door and before I left, I turned around and tried my hardest to me sexy.
Putting my hand on the cool metal doorway, I looked behind me and in a soft whisper I said, "Thanks for the flowers, darling." and I sauntered off down the hall with a little more swing in my hips than usual.
Upon my return to my room, I noticed several missed calls on my cell phone and a message from Sara on my hotel room phone. She was worried that the lady wouldn't arrive.
I called to confirm she was on her way, and she was actually waiting in the lobby. I called Sara back to tell her that she would be up directly. She was in my room in an instant. Kenzie and Mickayla had already checked out and were getting breakfast. They weren't needed, because I was the only maid of anything on Sara's side. The same went for Damon and Stefan. The only others in the wedding party was Sara's niece and nephew as the ring bearer and flower girl.
I took my seat and waited as the other hair lady put my brown locks in curlers, while Sara was getting hers Put in a braid across the front followed by it being piled on her head in a neat pile with small ringlets coming out from it. While waiting, I took the opportunity to put on my tan stockings to make up for my pale legs, and I stepped into my sweet blue dress. After it being zipped up, I sat back down and waited. After a half hour, I was done and had my hair wrapped around a thick blue headband and my hair draped over my shoulders and plastered down with hairspray.
There was a knock on the door shortly after I fastened my matching blue heels. I stood up and moved to answer it. There stood her mother, looking proud and happy as I had ever seen her. I stepped aside to let her in and closed the door behind her, but not before a photographer came in after. Sara's hair was being finished and she was holding up a mirror to look in. It felt like a personal moment when her mother rushed up and hugged her. I motioned to Sara who was staring at me that I would be back.
I shut the door, grabbing my key on the way out, and walked a little ways down the hall to the elevator. I hadn't realized how hungry I was, so I went down to the lobby in search of food. I saw my friends at a table, I grabbed the least messy thing, a banana, and sat with them.
"How's she doing?" Jessica, a high school friend asked, referring to the nervous bride in my room.
I shrugged. "Oh, she's fine. A little nervous, but that's to be expected." I smiled politely, they were more her friends than mine.
"That'll be you in three months." Mickayla poked at me. I rolled my eyes and laughed shyly and knowingly.
"I know. But hopefully I wont be so nervous." I knew I would be though. Even if he was my husband already.
In q hushed tone Jessica asked, "How long do you think it'll last?" her eyes in wonder and looking very nosy. She made me slightly angry.
No one spoke, so I did. "I think it will last quite a while, trust me." I reassured them and dropped the conversation. After a few minutes of awkward silence, I stood up. "I should go back up there and see how she's doing. See you guys in a half hour!" I waved them off and practically sprinted back up to my room, and without paying attention I ran smack into a hard chest, which in an odd way I recognized.
"Aera, aren't you supposed to be with the bride?" Damon teased.
I backed up to look at him. "I left my post, I'm praying that all Hell hasn't broken loose."
"Well I haven't heard anything strange lately but I would hurry if I were you." he took a step for me to move around him. I smiled at him, not knowing exactly what to say. "See you down the isle, love." he called after me. I felt myself blushing.
Sara was stepping into her dress when j walked in, the photographer clicking away. The hair lady left and I was left standing awkwardly by the door, once again. I moved to help hold up her veil which had been blended into her hair, making sure her mom wouldn't zip it up in the process. "You look awesome." I took a step back.
"We have to go, they'll be waiting for us soon." her mom said, whipping tears from her eyes. It was being held in a cute garden a mile away or so. I went downstairs to my car after Sara and her mother made it safely to the limo that had been rented out. I drove before it, the photographer following me, and made it before her.
The building that was intended for things such as weddings was a little off and I went inside, waiting for Sara. I found Damon in the process.
He mailed at me as we met in the middle of the room. "Long time no see." he said with a smirk on his face.
I rolled my eyes. "Admit it, you're excited." I smiled.
"I'm excited that I'm not going to be the one that has to listen to Stefan's problems anymore." Sara walked in just at the right time.
Damon and I stepped out into the sun, and stood by the archway that was covered in vines while we waited for the music and the two children to go first. We waited for five minutes. Then ten. When it hit fifteen I gave Damon a worried look.
He looked just as concerned as I did. "I'll go find out what's going on." I nodded in urgency. He came back after a minute or so later.
"Whats going on?" I asked, slightly worried by the blank look he was giving.
"She wasn't feeling well. Nerves, she's better now." right as be spoke this, the strings played Ode to Joy.
We waited for our cue to go. Damon held out his arm,and I looped min through his, holding my flowers in the other hand. We walked, and a possessive air was given off by Damon and I was positive you could notice it. And to admit it, quite embarrassingly I might add, it was kind of hot.
The people were gathered on both sides of us, smiling and taking pictures left and right. In front of us, Stefan waited, with a goofy smile on his face. Damon and I parted ways and waited for Sara.
When the song started, everyone stood up and turned towards the back. She walked out, with her father on her arm. He gave her away, and the man started speaking. They finished it off with Stefan swooping her down in a beautiful kiss and walked down the aisle as the music started again. People waited for them to exit, the photographer waiting again, and Damon and I walked away behind them, arm in arm.