Status: Complete!!

My Undead Life With Damon Salvatore

Off To A Good Start

Damon and Stefan were sitting at the kitchen counter in their grand Victorian house, discussing plans on how to get rid of Juliana. Yes, it would be difficult, and that was something that everyone was painfully aware of, but it was what had to be done; one day the town would thank us though, even if they didn't know it was us.
Sara and I on the other hand were in the dining room playing Life, which was fairly ironic in my opinion. I had just adopted two girls when Damon walked up behind me and laid his hands on my shoulders.
I glanced up at him. "So how's it going? Have any master plans of mass destruction yet?" I smiled charmingly at him.
"When it comes to Damon, there's always going to be mass destruction." Stefan smirked at Damon.
"Careful brother, you forget that I am still much stronger than you." It wasn't a rarity to see the Salvatore brothers bickering and fighting, but this time there was an awkward air about the room that made Sara and I shift uncomfortably in our seats.
I looked outside the window. It was nine at night, and it was finally completely dark outside; the way it was supposed to be in the summer, my favorite season. The lights were warm in the house, and they created a cozy environment. Except currently while everyone was trying to figure out what to say.
Sara finally cleared her throat and spoke, "Kaylee, won't your mom be worried about you?" I had gotten the hint right away. I had actually meant to bring that subject up earlier in the day; I was a really really bad daughter.
I made my eyes widen in surprise "Oh my goodness, you're right Sara, I had completely forgotten! Damon, I need to get home to her!" I gave him a worried look.
"Fine, this will give you a good opportunity to learn how to compel people." We left his home in a flash and stood outside mine so he could explain to me just how to go about this little task. I felt like I was committing the ultimate crime. Compelling my mother was going to be very hard for me to do. The way I saw it, if I managed to pull it off, I could get away with anything, as long as I didn't screw up! Not that I couldn't any way, but this way felt so deceiving.

"Look her in the eye's and concentrate on what you want her to believe." I focused on my lie to tell my mother as Damon's words of advice circled through my head. I looked straight into my mothers pale green eye's that were still glossy from tears, and told her exactly what I wanted her to believe.
"Mother, I was here the whole time. You were crying because you lost your favorite set of earrings, which are on the table. Alright?" I quietly commanded to her, never loosing eye contact. There was a slight nod of her head to show that she knew what I meant. I broke my concentration and smiled at her. A picture of shock swept over her face.
"Oh, my earrings! I just remembered where I put them!" She walked over and picked up the dangling sapphire jewels, and walked to her room to put them up.
Wow, it had actually worked! I didn't really expect it to, I was pretty impressed with myself. So impressed, I let out a slight squeal of rejoice, and my mother gave me an odd look as she was walking through the living room.
"I..uh... found this button." I picked up a button I saw on the floor and smiled.
"You are a strange child Kaylee, that brave man that ever marries you." I smiled to myself, toying with the ring on my finger. I quickly wiped off the smile remembering that that was not in the line of promises, although it could be added on to later on. No, don't think about it, think about your mother.
I sighed, and wrapped my arms around my mother's neck from behind and kissed her cheek. "I love you, mom."
I let go and she turned around. "What was that for? Is there something you need?" She questioned me skeptically.
"No mom, just thought you should know that. I don't say it often." I smiled and walked to my room. So far, so good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while since the last update, I tend to over think these things... if they make sense or not. If something doesn't, message me or something and I would be more than happy to answer it. And comments and subscriptions are always appreciated! Thanks :)