Status: Complete!!

My Undead Life With Damon Salvatore

Clearing of the mind

Chapter 4 Damon S
I flopped myself onto my bed and sighed. Explaining this situation to my mother was put of the question, and trying to explain to her that I was going to out live her was even worse.  Not to mention the awkward factor of it all. She would probably have me committed to an insane assylum by the time I would be done telling her about my real life of the past eight months.
  "Why so sad love?" I recognized the voice immediately. I had wondered why I felt like there was someone else in my house.
  "I'm going to outlive my mother, my friends, and my family! How do you manage to not fall to pieces?" I started to cry. I buried my head into my hands.
  I felt Damon's cool arms embrace me, wrapping me up in his embrace. "We'll always be with you. After a while, you start to loose that feeling of loss and although you never forget your family, you will forget their influence on you and your life. Trust me, everything will be alright." his tone was calm and collective, and very gentle.
  I looked up at him, my eyes red from the many tears I had shed. His eyes were sympathetic and kind. When I looked into them, I knew that i would never be alone. I felt like I was looking at him for the first time, and a sudden warmth filled my body, and I tilted my head up to look at him better, and he kissed me. I ran my hands through his hair, and gripped his shirt. And that's when it happened. I don't know how either one of us could have not heard.
  My door opened and in walked my mother. "Kaylee, what do you want fo-" her mouth was open in shock, but she quickly recovered and her composure turned to anger.
  "Kaylee! What the Hell is this about? I knew that there was something going on between you to more than you were letting on! How did he even get in here? Explain. Now." the screaming drifted to 'the tone'. The one that every parent comes equip with so you know when you're really in trouble.
  "Well mom, the truth is.." and I spilled everything that happened from the beginning of November till now. Damon sat beside me the whole time holding my hand. All she could do was stand and stare at me with an unreadable expression.  and when I was done, I looked into her eyes and said "Mom, you don't remember any of this. You were going to cook tacos for dinner." she nodded her head and walked away.
I turned to Damon. "Does doing that cause brain damage?"
He chuckled. "Not that I'm aware of."
"Oh thank God. His will definitely come in handy; I can ready tell." I sighed. I wasn't physically tired, but mentally. I was in for a  ride if this was how my undead life was going to be. 
"I think that you need some time alone and I'll come back later." Damon kissed my forehead and left. 
  Although I missed him instantly, I was grateful for solitude. It provided me with some time to clear my head and get things straightened out in my life. Was it even a life anymore? I wasn't technically alive, but I wasn't necessarily alive either; that concept alone confused the Hell out of me. I wasn't feeling like myself. I only felt like me when Damon was with me, like he was apart of me.
I fell asleep after a while, and luckily my mother never came back into my rom, I couldn't deal with her again, no matter how much I loved her.
**************************************************************************************************************
I awoke in the morning to hear my cell phone ring. I groggily pulled it out from under my pillow, and without even looking at the caller ID I answered it.
"Hello?" I groaned, still half asleep.
"Hey Kaylee!" came an all to cheerful and familiar voice on the end.
"What do you need Sara? I'm sleeping." I rolled over onto my back to look up at my ceiling, doing everything I could not to fall asleep.
"I have to tell you something.." her voice became hushed and concerned.
"Shoot. I'm all ears." I became more interested in the conversation suddenly.
"I-I... Stefan and I we-"
"Spit it out already!" I yelled at her louder than I originally meant to.
"We had sex!" I concealed a giggle from her. "But it was... It wasn't just that, it was much much more. And I wouldn't have had I not known we were going to always be with each other."
"Well, I can't say that I didn't expect it to happen sometime or another. I'm happy for you!"
"I have to go now. Love you, bye." and she abruptly hung up.
"Strange girl." I muttered to myself. I looked outside and it was pitch black. I glanced at my cloak, it read it was 10:30 AM. Strange. I looked up towards the Salvatore and suddenly realized why she had hung up so quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I officially suck at updating this story, and for all of my highly dedicated readers I'm extremely sorry, but I just havent had had time to work on it. But at least it made it past 3 chapters.... I usually get bored with them after that and stop, so I'm going to hopefully have more updates within the next couple of weeks. Thanks!!!! You guys are great :)