Status: Complete!!

My Undead Life With Damon Salvatore

Staking The Enemy

Sitting outside their house were three unfamiliar cars, and emerging from them were about six very odd looking people. They were dressed in black from head to toe. It looked like they were about to break into someone's house.
I saw them knock at the door surprisingly; they didn't strike me as the kind of people to do so. I didn't know if I should stay where I was, or rush up to the house. If my friends were in trouble they would need me, but if nothing were to come of it, it would look awkward.
I sat on the windowsill and waited for something to happen. Damon opened the door with an obviously fake grin on his face. I saw him glance up at my house, and for a brief moment we made eye contact. It was filled with worry and suspicion. But the look told me to stay where I was. Then he went back inside and shut the door.
I was impatiently waiting on the edge of my seat. It was like a suspenseful movie, and I was waiting for someone to come out alive. But in movies, the good guys always win- unfortunately that's not always how it worked in real life.
Finally after a very long 20 minutes, they were thrown out of the house. And Stefan slammed the door behind them. I grabbed my phone and quickly started dialing Damon.
"Were you not taking what they were selling?" I asked sarcastically when he picked up.
"You need to get over here quickly." I hung up, threw my window open and jumped from the second story to the ground and raced over to them.
"Thank God you weren't here for them to see you." Sara hugged me once I entered the house.
"Why?" I asked urgently
" Juliana sent her ghouls after you to find out what you really are." she rolled her eyes. Damon laid his cool hands on my shoulders. I melted at the touch his flesh on mine.
"So what do you purpose we do?" I tilted my head back to look up at Damon and smiled.
"Well you will just have to stay here for a while, until we can be sure that they aren't going to come back again. We'll have your mother stay with one of her friends as well; they won't be able to take her hostage if she's in public like that." He then quickly spun me around into his arms. I couldn't help but think:'This is nice, him embracing me looking into my eyes.' I smiled at the thoughts running through my head.
I could feel the air in the room change to an awkward situation. I wondered if I should care, and I did. I broke the eye contact and turned around.
"Sara, will you come with me to go and pack for a few days? I don't think I should go alone."
" Of course." she bounced over to Stefan. " See you in a minute." she kissed his nose and was off. I smiled at Damon and fled the house.
Sara was sitting on my bed while I looked for clothes to pack. Her eyes were lost in a dreamy gaze.
"So... tell me about it." I whispered, it felt scandalous to speak of such things with my mother in the house.
"Well..."
***************
When Sara had stopped talking to me and I had finally finished packing enough for a couple of months- I hopefully wouldn't be there that long, bur one never knows- we headed back to the brothers Victorian home.

When we first walked in, it looked like no one was home but it felt like there were others in the house. I couldn't quite figure out where until I could hear someone lunging at me from behind.
I quickly turned around and tried to stop the attack, but I wasn't quick enough to dodge it and I wasn't strong enough to fight it. I fought in the arms of my capturer trying so hard to get free. I was unable to see their face or anything else about them. I couldn't recognize anything about them. I was still kicking when I heard the melodic laugh of Stefan directly behind me. Damn him. I suddenly felt very stupid.
"Let me go." I said, trying to shake the idiotic feeling that surrounded me.
He flopped me down to my feet and I wanted to stomp ip to my room like a child but if I did I would loose what little pride I had left.
"What the Hell was that for?" I shouted at him, who was still laughing at me.
"I was just trying to test your strength and reflexes. If Damon had done it you would have recognized him right away, so I had to be the one to be the bad guy."
I looked to my left to see Damon leaning on the wall, arms cross and with a beautiful smirk on his face. How quickly my anger fled from me when I looked at him. I quickly covered it up.
"You know, playing tricks is no fun." I glided over to him, puppy-dog eyes and pouty lip and everything. If he was going to play dirty I would play it right back. I ran my finger up his chest and smiled. "You can be to easy sometimes!" I walked away back over to Sara.
" I was trying to help you from something like this." he grabbed my legs out from under me and threw me over his shoulder.
"Let me go!" I hollered. Sara and Stefan watching the scene from a safe distance.
"What's the magic word?" he was holding back his laughter.
"Please?"
"Fine." he set me down. "But we will be working on this more often, and you won't know when it's going to happen or where."
"Alright."
"I'll take you to unpack your clothes. I cleared out some space in the closet and the dresser." he grabbed my bag which had been tossed across the room in my struggle and he motioned me to follow him up the elegant staircase.
He shut the door behind me once I entered his room. It continued to shock me, I could never get over the fact that his room was so out and open; quite the opposite of him.
"Are you moving in or something? You've packed for months." he unzipped my bag and looked through it.
"Hey, those are my personal belongings mister. And I would like them back."
"Do you have something in here that I should know about?"
"Well you know, drugs, guns- the usual." I sarcastically said.
"Oh, of course. Then you'll have no problem letting me look through it then."
I sighed. "Fine. But why?"
"I wanted to see if she.." he pulled out a mini microphone thing. "Sara was trying to spy on us."
"What the Hell?" well that was unexpected and random. There would be no possible reason for her to do that.
"That's really weird. But how did you know about it?" I gave him my suspicious eyes look.
"I can't lie to you. I had her put it in there when you two got your house. In case Juliana's men came back- that way We would be able to come and get you."
"So that means... Oh God! You heard our conversation! That's so embarrassing." The tears sprang to my eyes in an instant. Damon mentioned my emotions would be heightened for a while, but I didn't think like this.
He wrapped his arms around me and tried to suppress a smile. "It was interesting to say the least. Stefan felt uncomfortable listening and insisted that we stop."
"And did you?" I asked hopefully. There was some very explicit things in our conversation that I would just die if he heard.
"No, not really. We heard everything." He didn't even try to hide the amusement in his voice.
"Damn." I sighed and pulled away from him. "I better unpack before we get sidetracked." I grabbed my bag and started taking out the clothes and started putting them away. I really should have been more concerned or pissed off about it, but if it was for my safety that they kept listening, then I shouldn't complain. But some tiny part of me said otherwise…
"You know, if you wanted to keep some clothes here in general that might be a good idea." he wrapped a hand around my waist and turned me toward him as I was still putting clothes up.
"Well… if you insist." I kissed him on the cheek and he let me go.
Once I finished I turned to him. "So what's the plan other than me saying here with you?"
"Well we're going to have to figure out a way to get rid of her. " there was something that he wasn't telling me. "So until then you get to stay here. I've already made arrangements for your mother. She'll be staying with her parents. Her boss agreed she would be paid for the time off. And she thinks your going on a trip to California with Sara. Everything will be fine." there was hesitation in his voice. I had never seen him act so unsure of himself. It wasn't Damon-like at all.
"Anything else?" I leaned into him, using my voice to try and get him to spit whatever it was out. I was suddenly torn away from my thought by a strange feeling.
"Can you sense that?" I asked quickly not knowing what to do.
"Unfortunately, yes." he sped out of the room, and I was quickly behind him.
"What is it?" the feeling had gotten stranger and bothered me immensely.
"Kaylee, go to our room and lock the doors, windows and stay away from them. Don't come down till I come and get you." his eyes were dark and a angry. He was different than I had ever seen him.
"But Damon, I'm sure I can handle this too." I pleaded to him.
"Kaylee you are not strong enough yet. I'm not even sure if we are. Just go, and go NOW!" I gave him one last longing look before turning upstairs and racing towards the room. At first, everything was silent. Nothing came from below the room. I still couldn't get rid of the feeling in my body that there was something else with us. I was lying on the giant bed in the middle of the room; soaking in Damon's scent when I heard it.
There was a large crashing noise through the font door and through all windows. I heard Sara, Damon, and Stefan all growl. I had to fight every urge in my body not to go racing down and help them.
I could tell that there was commotion going on downstairs. Things were being broken and torn, items were being thrown around. There was clashing and banging and various cuss words being thrown around. I could tell that there at least six others in the house besides us. And then as quickly as it started, it stopped.
I didn't want to move. I was unable to tell if they were gone or not. I remained completely still. There was some slight movement outside the door. I was suddenly very aware that it was no one of my group. I ran over to the Window and looked out. There were a couple of very scary men standing underneath it. I zipped across the room and grabbed the stake from my bag that I had packed incase of emergency. It was a last minute thing that I was grateful for. And I raced over to my door again. All of this was in a matter of mere seconds.
The door swung open and I lunged at the man who had been standing outside of it. He was an unpleasant looking man who, just looking at him made me want to cower in the corner. Luckily he didn't expect me to manage to do that, so I got him straight in the heart. He crumbled to the ground and turned pale.
One down, God knows how many left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Another update! I'll start making them longer and more exciting. There is probably some spelling/grammatical errors in it, sorry about that. I really shouldn't write them in my Ipod, but it keeps me entertained on my bus. So... comments are always appreciated. I'd love to know what you think of it. :)