Status: Complete!!

My Undead Life With Damon Salvatore

Last days

7 Damon S

"There was no sign of anyone else. I think that they all left... for now. " Stefan said once we were all sitting on the couch. He and Sara had gotten back from checking the area for more of the strange vampires.
  "Well that's good. Right?" I asked them.
  "Yes and no. If they are gone that means they probably went back to report something to whoever they work for." Stefan told me after a slight pause. An awkward pause filled the room. Although nobody's faces changed and showed it, all of us were slightly worried at the thought of who they were working for. 
Sara broke the silence suddenly.  "Kaylee, will you come with me to check on my family? Just to look in on them?" her eyes told me that she wanted us out of  here.
  "Of course." we stood from where we had been sitting. I flashed a smile at Damon, and Sara grabbed my hand and we went out to the cars. We drove through two small towns and on some backroads to get to her house. We were both fairly quiet hardly making any noise except to shift uncomfortably in our seats every once and a while.
  Neither one of us really wanted to talk about what had happened earlier, and yet, it was all that filled our minds. I was dying to talk to her about it, to just sit there with her and talk. But what I really wanted was for us to never think about it again and just be the girls that we had used to be, talking and giggling about nothing in particular.
I really didn't know why she had drug me out to her house, but I suspected that Stefan had cued her to. I wasn't to upset, but I was pretty nervous for what the boys were talking about. We were sitting in her room talking when we got the call.
"Hello?" Sara answered. Her faced shifted into a confused look. "What?" anger and fear quickly replaced the confusion. "Oh god. Yes of course, I'll tell her." she quickly ended the call and met my look.
"Well?" I shrieked at her. I was dying to know. Very rarely these days did I know anything. 
"That was Mackenzie." she sighed
"And?" I agged on for her to continue.
"They found Williams body in the woods." she shook her head.
"What? How? Stefan didn't even hide it in the woods! That's impossible." I was gasping heavily.
"I know that. Somebody must have tipped them off. Someone that knew where he was. We have to get home to Damon and Stefan and tell them." 
I nodded in agreement and we left the house quickly and quietly. 
The house was silent, and if I didn't have that strange 'be able to sense when there are people around' power I would have thought the house was empty.  
"Hello?" we called out to the seemingly empty house. Stefan appeared in front of us in a moment or less. 
Hesitance in her voice, Sara said,"What's going on?"
After a quick glance around the room, Stefan replied,"We need to talk. Damon is outside and is not in one of his better moods." the room was darker than usual. Although it was mid afternoon and sunny outside, inside the house was filled with a dark cloud of anger and sadness. It was impossible to miss. I looked out the window and contemplated my next move. My stupidity overcame me and I walked outside to find him. 
Damon was on the upstairs balcony pacing across it. His face was enraged with anger and fury. If I didn't know him well enough, I would have wondered how anybody could possibly love him or even feel something for him. But when he looked down at me, I knew how I could. The instant love and passion that overcame him and I when our eyes met was like seeing him as a completely different person.
He hurtled himself off of the railing of the balcony and landed next to me with a quiet thud. 
"Take a walk with me." he motioned for me to follow him to the country path that led into the trees. We walked side by side in silence for a long while. He finally stopped and turned to me. 
"Kaylee, we're sending you away." his eyes pierced mine. A sudden rush of saddness and anger flew through me. I knew perfectly well that I could take care of myself. Ihad just proven it to them. I was capable of killing vampires and I was good at it.
"Why?" my tone had come out harsher than I had planned. My face changed a series of times in a second, bur Damon's constantly remained the same. A dark cloud rolled in above us, and the nice weather before had quickly fled into a dark mass.
"We have reason to believe they are after you. Whoever they are are not good. Obviously. You will be leaving tomorrow. Very early in the morning." Damon acted to cold to me. Like I was just an annoying fly to him.  His tone was harsh and hostile. There was no sign of my love anywhere in him. 
"Okay." then the rain started to pour down on us. I was given a quick nod from Damon. He rushed off to the house. I remained in the rain a moment longer before walking back.
Upon entering the house I was thrown away from the door and drug upstairs. I knew who had ahold of me. Damon brought us up to his room and put me down. My clothes had started to dry very quickly and I wasn't as wet anymore. Damon softly kissed my cheek. He slowly caressed my face brushing the stray strands of hair from my face behind my ear. He ducked his head down and started to gently nibble on my collar bone eliciting a soft groan from my lips. His hands slipped down to my waist and pulled me onto his lap so that I was straddling his hips. I entwined my hands in his hair as he burried his head into my neck scraping his teeth against my jugular.
I loved how he touched me, and the way he made me feel. I knew that he was perfect for me. As if he was made to be around 500 years just so he could find me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I'm soooooo sorry about not updating sooner. That was a major fail.... But since it is summer I can now update tons more. Yay!!!! As always, please comment and subscribe. It Is always GREATLY appreciated. And I wrote this on my iPod so if you see any errors. Please point them out to me. I've edited, but I probably missed some. Thanks!!!