Status: Complete!!

My Undead Life With Damon Salvatore

Chapter 8

Damon and I were together for our last night before they sent me away. I was blind folded the whole way. Damon had awoken me at 4:30 in the morning for us to leave. My things were packed, and I said goodbye to my friends. I wasn’t allowed to know where we were going. I just knew that it was far away to a secluded place. I wasn’t allowed to see anyone or anyone to see me. I would be deserted. With plenty of blood to last me years, so I was told at least.
I stepped out of the car and the blind fold was removed from my eyes and I took in my surroundings. Damon showed me the house and everything and we were standing outside. I was in the middle of nowhere in a forest. The trees towered above my head so far that seeing the tops of them was nearly impossible. The birds sang at our arrival, but their pretty tune didn’t make my situation any better or worse. It made me already miss my home more than I ever thought possible. There was a decent sized cream colored house to my right, and forest that went on forever to my left. Damon was standing behind me with his hands in his pockets, leaning against the car as I looked around. His eyes were filled with a sadness I had never seen before, but of course in typical Damon fashion, he would do his best not to show any of it. He kicked the soft dirt floor as he stared down at it.
I couldn’t help but wonder if all of this was my fault. Of course no matter what I would blame myself. I shouldn’t have decided to be turned, if I hadn’t, then we could have dealt with Juliana differently. No doubt that she was crazy and would have probably tried to hurt me anyway, but maybe not. Maybe the other group of crazy people wouldn’t have come after us if we didn’t. Dozens of ‘maybe’s’ and ‘what if’s’ ran through my head within a matter of seconds before I turned my attention back to the grieving man at the car.
I took two steps toward him and buried my head into his chest. A pain, one I never knew had been possible, ripped through me feeling like I was going to be torn in half. I took his scent in, remembered everything about how his clothes felt, the way he held me -tightly but with a delicate way. As if I was going to be broken in a moment. He placed his chin on my head and brushed my hair with his hand. I tried very hard not to cry. I knew there was no side stepping it. Tears flooded out of my eyes without any warming. I made no movement to wipe them away, they would just keep coming.
“She’s right you know.” Damon started out of the blue after five minutes of holding me. He moved his head so I could look up at him.
“Who is, and about what?” I said through the sobs I was desperately trying to stop but just kept escaping from me.
“Juliana. About not being able to tell you are a vampire. During the course of the last few days, I’ve been able to hear a faint heartbeat come from you. It’s been growing louder with every new day.” He whispered to me.
“What does that mean?” I sniffled. I hadn’t been able to tell if it was there before, but I tried to pay attention to the thud coming from my chest, and sure enough there it was. I could hear it and feel the slight pounding it made.
“If I knew I would tell you. I suspect that it means that something didn’t work right with the transition. Like it was a temporary fix. I have a friend that study’s these things, I’ll ask him. in the meantime. Don’t you dare come out of that house, and don’t drink the blood unless you have to. There is plain food in it anyway, just in case.” His voice sounded pained, like he was straining it from yelling. I knew that this was equally unfun for him as it was me. He did a superb job of hiding his sadness, but it if one knew him well enough, they could pick it out. It killed me to see him this way, as I’m sure it hurt him to see me distraught to.
I placed my hand on his cheek and caressed it with my thumb. I gave him a half smile showing that everything was going to be okay. “Don’t worry Damon, everything will be fine. It’ll all be over in a week or so, and then we can… well I don’t know what we can do, but it will be fun damn it.” He laughed half-heartedly at my terrible excuse for a joke.
He placed his hand on top of mine, holding it on his face for a moment longer. “I’ll hold you to it.” I stood on my toes and kissed him lightly on the lips. He pulled me back into a longer much more intense passionate one. We both acted as if it were the last time we were going to see each other the way we acted. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him as I wrapped my arms around his neck. We stayed that way for a little while before he pulled back.
“I really don’t deserve you.” He told me as he was looking into my eyes.
“You might not be saying that by the time this is over.” I told him as the clouds rolled over above us with a horrendous booming noise.
“I have to go.” His voice was somber and depressing.
“I know. But you’ll be back. Then we can do whatever we want.” I unwrapped my arms around his neck and took a step back from him as he let his hands drop from my waist. “I love you.” I told him, stepping forward to kiss him on the cheek.
“I love you too.” He said as he brushed his hand against my cheek. I stepped back and he got into his car. I went and stood on the porch of my new prison and watched him drive away. A single tear dripped from my eye as I watched him leave the dirt road.
I sat alone in my temporary home, listening to the wind crash against the trees as the water pelted the earth and the thunder boomed all around me. The clock on the dark brown wall ticked on and on, nearly driving me to insanity with its constant clicking. The noise seemed to overpower the violent thunder storm occurring outside of the fair sized house.
I turned over on my bed and watched the rain drops hit the window with a 'plink'. They trickled down in streams. I made shapes out of them in my mind, trying to find anything to distract me from the raging questions in my head. I knew that once I started thinking, I wouldn't be able to stop. I would throw myself into a thinking coma if that was possible for a vampire, or for anyone for that matter.
Periodically I looked up at my clock to check the time. It seemed like it would never pass. It was only 1:39. I had only been there for three hours and was already bored out of my mind. Damon didn't know how long I would have to stay here, and I hoped it wouldn't be too long. I would die of boredom.
I thought over my life at one point, going over all the events that had happened in just a matter of nine months.
I was normal. My life was normal, and at the time, my friends and I were as normal as could be, for a teenager that is. I had been completely happy with my life at the time and it seemed like nothing could change that. Until a certain Salvatore brother came into my life. Everything was normal in my life, until 12:07, November 12. Then it was turned upside down. I was thrown into confusion and more emotions than I had ever known existed. He messed with my life, my mind, and my heart. At the time, he was just an arrogant, stuck up, beautiful human being. Now- well not much has changed- but he was an arrogant, stuck up, beautiful vampire, but one that I was madly in love with. I went from being a girl with regular problems, to a part vampire with a magnitude of dire complications.
Six months ago there was a vampire chasing my boyfriend and I, and now his niece was back for vengeance, and there was another group trying to kill us all in the meantime. And I wasn't even a year older. I only had a few more months though, and then I would be sixteen and not so childish anymore. That wasn’t the point though, the point was, was that it hadn’t been a year and my world was burnt to the ground. I would learn to deal with it and build it back up; nothing could stop me.
The worst part was, was that I was slowly fading back into being a person. A human, that is. I was back to normal, a beating heart and hormones. Gee, just what I’d always wanted. I was determined not to be very upset about it, on the bright side, I wouldn’t look so you with Damon next to me. I could be changed later, of course not too much later, at the very least after I turned sixteen. That would be fine with me. If it would work this time, and I prayed that it would.
After a few more minutes of myself wallow, I left the cozy room and walked down stairs to the well-stocked kitchen. I knew that the blood had been hidden in a cooler in the basement away from anyone that decided to make a surprise visit. Out of curiosity, I decided to walk down to the gloomy room under the house and see if the hunger that I previously had for it still consumed me. I
Entering the basement, it was instantly cold. The walls were made of stone and the floor was dirt, nothing terribly cozy and welcoming. To my left there was a light switch, and a dark light came on in the room. I scanned the area for the cooler and spotted it in a far corner by itself.
I walked carefully over to it, hoping that nothing would jump out at me, it seemed like the perfect place for a creepy thing to hide. I grasped onto the white top of it and lifted it open. Inside, there was every kind of blood type placed in orderly sections depending on what kind it was. Nothing was overcoming my body with hunger quite yet, so I decided to pick up an AB+ and rip it open. The only thing that I felt was a sick feeling in the bottom of my stomach. The sickly sweet smell filled my nose and I ran back up the stairs to throw the blood down the drain. It wasn’t one of my better ideas, because the smell made me dizzy, but luckily not so much the sight.
After tossing it and cleaning the sink, I searched the many wooden covers that lined the walls of the kitchen as I looked for something edible to for me to eat. Of course, me being the lazy teenager that I was, I wasn’t very inclined to actually cook something, so half of the things that I found were out of the question. Finally, after a few minutes of opening and closing drawers and cabinets, I found what I was looking for.
I ate my Ramon noodles, which I was currently then addicted to, and cleaned the utensils I used and put them away. It was definitely an off day for me if I choose to do the dishes rather than shoving them in the dishwasher and calling it good.
I needed sleep that was for sure. Despite my efforts to try and do so on the ride to the house, I couldn’t, thoughts filled my mind, and it was very uncomfortable trying to concentrate on sleeping with something covering one’s eyes very tightly. It was only around 2’oclock, but I walked up the soft wooden steps to the room and searched through my bag that had been quickly packed, and searched for my pajamas. They, of course, were in the very bottom and I put them on and climbed into the king sized bed that was placed in the middle of the room. I curled under the simple blue comforter, and fell asleep with many thoughts that filled my head, and made for very interesting dreams.
I woke up the next morning still thinking about my dreams, there was something about a blue dinosaur, a purple monster, and a pirate named Gregory. It was one of those dreams that you feel like you’ve missed out on something really important from waking up from it. I missed having someone else in the house or room with me. I felt lonely, being in the middle of nowhere all alone, with no one to talk to. I was forbidden to call anyone that I knew, just in case the call was somehow traced. I called them all paranoid, but I knew that it was for the best.
I rolled out of bed and laid my feet on the floor, just sitting on the edge of the bed. I was looking at the grand dresser that was in front of me. It had intricate designs of flowers and swirls on it. I sighed, contemplating whether or not I should unpack and put my clothes away. I didn’t really feel like living out of a bag for the rest of my stay, no matter how long.
I got up, and unpacked my clothes, shoving them neatly into the beautiful dresser. I got dressed in jeans and a red t-shirt. Despite the heat that was outside, it was very cool on the inside. I trudged downstairs to the kitchen and grabbed a bowl of cereal. I ate it quickly, I hadn’t realized just how hungry I was. I glanced up at the clock and saw that it was ten in the morning. I had slept for sixteen hours. That was a definite record for me. I sat down with my bowl and ate quietly, staring off into space.

Damon’s POV:
After leaving Kaylee I drove back the way I came, feeling really bad for leaving her behind. She was very vulnerable and was in a pretty bad spot in her life. It was my fault though, that was what the worst part was. She didn’t deserve to be forced into this kind of situation. She was to kind and sweet for it. Not to mention she was probably feeling really confused at that moment. She went from being a human, to a vampire, back to a human in a matter of a month or so. In the meantime, I knew that I shouldn’t be wallowing in my own depression; instead, I decided I would look for my friend that I knew would be able to explain how she was human, and what was after Kaylee.
The drive back was boring and uneventful, which was probably a good thing. Even when I had Kaylee sitting next to me and hardly talking, it was better than nothing. She was nice to have around; she had an air about her that made everything much more comfortable. Even in the beginning when I drove her to and from school and she had created the awkward silences, it wasn’t all that bad.
Thinking about it, my plan to kill her was- pretty insane to say the least. At the time, I didn’t think that it was, she was just a girl that meant absolutely nothing to me. I had planned to make her trust me, invite me into her house, and then BAM! I would drink her blood, my personal blood bank. It all seemed pretty fool proof to me. Except for the minor part where I didn’t expect myself to actually care about her. That was my only downfall in my genius plan. When I was looking at it, it actually depressed me when the one time I didn’t give her a ride to school because I had to go out and kill another person other than her. I was disappointed in myself at first, but then got over it. Thank God I did.
I pulled up into our driveway at six; I had decided to drive slower on the way back home. Both Sara and Stefan’s cars were already parked, so I knew that they were home. I stepped out in to the hot sun, slamming my black Ferrari door shut and walked up to the porch and into the house. I slammed the large door behind me; it helped let out the anger that was bubbling up inside of me. I went into the living room where I knew they were sitting. I felt like Stefan and I switched bodies, he was Mr.Lets-get-into-action and I was Mr. Broody. Sara was laying her head on his shoulder when I walked in, she jumped at my arrival. It wasn’t like I hadn’t seen them making out on the couch before, or other strange places around the house.
“Oh relax love birds. I’m just here to tell you I’m home and that I’m going to go change.” I know that it had made me sound strange, changing twice in a day, but I wanted to get rid of the sadness that seemed to be attached to the ones I was wearing. I turned away from them and walked out of the living room and up to my bedroom.
When I was done changing, I heard a soft knock on my door. “What is it?” I called to Sara who was standing on the other side.
She walked in quietly, shutting the door behind her. “I came to check on how you were.” She gave me a sympathetic look. I didn’t need her sympathy. It wasn’t necessary for everyone to feel sorry for me just because my girlfriend was hidden away in a far off place. Just because I had been showing my ‘feelings’ more often didn’t mean that I still wanted the world to know that I had them.
“Thanks, I’m fine. I’ve been in a car all day and I’m a little hungry. I’ll be back later.” I informed Sara- sweet, naive Sara. She was trying to help, I knew that. She was too sweet though, being a vampire, I felt that she needed to have some sort of an edge to her. I would tell Stefan about it. He could deal with it.
I zipped out of the room and out into the main street which, in the summer, was filled with people. Which one to pick was my only conflict. There was a tall blonde that had no one watching her. Then again, there was the lonesome brunette standing outside of the bookshop. They both looked equally delicious, but the blonde was farther away from anyone else. I ran over to her, and from behind I grabbed her, putting my hand over her mouth. She tried to scream, but it was muffled by my grip. I took her up into the woods behind the town and sank my teeth into her hungrily. I had bitten down harder than intended. It was a way to get anger out. It felt good, to be a savage killer again. I was getting into the mood for the bastards that were coming. After I was positive that she was dead, I disposed of her body far into the woods, where she wouldn’t be found for a while. I also made it look like an accident.
I went back home and cleaned up my face and hands. I saw that fire in me that had been gone for so long. It was there, in my eyes. The evil that plagued me, the exact evil that Kaylee hated so much. Without her there to control me, I could go insane. I knew that I wouldn’t let Sara or Saint Stefan control me. I stormed out of my bathroom and went downstairs to see what the other two had come up with.
They were again sitting in the room of living. I cleared my throat upon entering; of course they both knew that I was there. “So, what’s the plan for defeating the bad guys?” I asked them and sauntered over to the wall by the fireplace where I could look at both of them. Sara looked at me blankly while Stefan just sat there, looking at the ground with his hands folded in his lap
“I think that we need to wait until we find more out about them.” Stefan told me.
“Oh yes, and in the meantime, we can wait here, like sitting ducks, until they come to kill us. It was just luck that they happened to be testing Kaylee’s strength. There was one that got away, and they would be back with more men. “I say, that we call Alaric, get some kick ass weapons, and then he can tell us who these people are.” God, I needed a drink.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am an awful person. ON THE BRIGHT SIDE I'LL BE UPDATING EVERY FRIDAY!!! That is if people are still reading this... which I hope you all are! :)