Status: Complete!!

My Undead Life With Damon Salvatore

Chapter 9

They did leave at 5 A.M. sharp. Damon was sweet enough and didn’t wake me up until they actually left. I walked with them to the front door but didn’t go any further.
“It was nice meeting you, Kaylee.” Alaric said to me, leaving the house.
“You to.” I called after him. Damon stood in front of me, just looking at me.
“I wish that you could come with.” He told me, holding my face.
“Me to. We’ll see each other soon, though.” he kissed my forehead then turned around and left. We had already said our goodbye’s earlier. I waved them off while they drove away down the dirt road again. I shut the door and headed back upstairs to sleep some more.
Damon’s POV:
I drove down the dirt road once again, and Alaric sat beside me, staring out of his window. The sun was barely peaking up over the mountains, it was still fairly dark outside though. There was a silence that filled the car, making it slightly awkward for the two of us.
Alaric looked over at me for a second, and I returned it with a sideways glance. “She seems pretty normal to me, I can’t imagine what happened.” He told me; well that was a lot of help.
“Obviously.” I rolled my eyes. “So, what are you thinking about Juliana though?” I asked, quickly changing the subject. Despite my general disliking towards him, I knew that it wouldn’t be a good idea for me to be really mean to him. I honestly didn’t know why he had come to help to be honest.
“Well, from what you’ve told me, she seems like she’s going to be sneaky about her attack. So, I was thinking that we get either you or Stefan to pretend to be in love with her again, lure her out, then, we kill her.” he explained to me using various hand gestures to emphasize it.
“Surprise attack, sounds good. It’ll have to be quick though, she’ll figure out that there is something up though pretty quickly. It’ll be fun to explain ‘Oh, hey Juliana, us? Oh, we’re just here to watch you guys make out. Don’t mind the stakes behind out backs, they’re just for show.’” I smiled at him, I considered saying thank you, but I didn’t want to strain myself.
“Alright, it’s settled.” He sighed. “But everyone else, you said there was another group?” I groaned inwardly, I had forgotten them.
“I think so. Not too sure though, they could just be with her too. We will have to deal with them when the time comes.” Damn. I was not looking forward to that.
The rest of the drive was filled with many plans that were shot down. Upon arrival of home, I was greeted with a very stressed out Stefan and a strange Sara.
“Let’s sit down.” I suggested. We each took a seat at the dining table and stared blankly at each other for a moment before I finally spoke. “We have a plan.” I whispered so that they would be the only ones to hear. “Stefan is going to lure Juliana back and make her fall in love with him. When she thinks he can trust him, that’s when we strike.” It would work. It had to.
“What? He’s going to put his life on the line and not you?” Sara hissed at me. I knew this was coming, so I replied with what I had figured I would say.
“Yes. She always loved Stefan, not me. That was always painstakingly clear. Not to mention, my girlfriend was the one that tried to kill her after she attacked me.” She was watching me with intense eyes. “I don’t know about you, but that doesn’t scream, ‘you can trust me.’ to me.” I watched as she slowly understood what I meant.
She nodded after a moment. “But if he dies…!” she screeched in a whisper. I rolled my eyes.
“He won’t.” I said with assurance. If he died, then we all would. She would kick us while we were down. I knew that because she had done it to so many others before.
We called our meeting adjourned until the next morning. Each of us parted into our respected room, I showed Alaric his, and we each left without another word. I knew sleeping was out of the question for me. My mind was filled with too many thoughts and questions to even think of sleep.
I was hoping that it would work. That Juliana would fall for it, if she didn’t, then we were all screwed. That much was easy to figure out. She was smarter than her uncle though. She wasn’t so quick to get caught, not without something else to back her up. She always had a way of getting out of her own situations unharmed, and someone else always ended up dying. I knew that first hand. Unfortunately in our case when she tried to get rid of us once we found out her secret, we came back.
There was a tapping at my window, which immediately shook me out of my own thoughts with a jolt. I was standing in front of it within a second. No one stood before me, but I could tell she was there. I knew that it was Juliana, I had been waiting for her to show up, and it was something that she would do. She was going to try and throw us off track, and make us think that we could trust her.
I stepped out onto the balcony. “What do you want?” I said in a bored tone to know one in particular. She was standing beside me when I turned around.
“I know something that you’ll find interesting.” She said, twirling her hair around her index finger, something I thought was adorable back when I was madly in love with her.
“Oh really? What could you possibly know that would interest me?” I was challenging her. I wanted her to leave; she was bad enough without actually being next to me.
“Well, if you don’t want to know about the people that are coming after your precious Kaylee, then I hope it’ll be a beautiful funeral.” She smiled wickedly, starting to jump off of the balcony.
“Alright, I’ll bite. What do you know?” I said. She climbed back over the railing and flipped her long strawberry blonde hair over her shoulder. Her bright blue eyes were shining with mystery and trickery. I knew that trusting what she said would be stupid, but whatever was about to be revealed, I would keep into consideration.

She smiled at me before speaking. “They’re more dangerous than you think. It won’t be so easy to get rid of them with just four of you.” She took a breath, looking like she was briefly contemplating something. “I wasn’t going to tell you this before, but I’m willing to help. I’ve gathered a group to help us against them. I know that your friend, Alaric, will be a great help as well.”

I thought for a moment. “How do I know I can trust you?”

“You don’t. You can trust me with the fact that the Vanatorii de Vampiri aren’t people that you want to mess with.” She was gone before I could say anything else. I stepped back into my room and sounded familiar… but I was quite sure where I could place it.

The rest of the night passed quickly. I heard Alaric moving around in his room around six, he woke up early, even though there was a two hour time change for him.

I was sitting downstairs in the living room, waiting for him to come down the stairs. “I heard from Juliana last night.” I told him as he ascended from the stairs. I figured that I might as well get everything out now then later.

He blinked a second. “What’d she say?” he came and sat down on the seat next to me.

“Do you know who the Vanatorii de Vampiri are?” I looked at him. He nodded instantly, his eyes suddenly growing very big.

“It’s Romanian for Hunters of Vampire. If that’s who’s coming after your girlfriend, then we’re all screwed. I might as well go and write my will right now.” What a drama queen.

“Chill. Now, I don’t know if I can trust her, but she said that she would be willing to help get rid of them. I have a suspicion that she’s having the same problem we are.” I smiled. “And if she is, we can use this to our advantage, make her trust us, and when we get rid of the other guys, we kill her. Perfect plan.”

He shook his head. “That might not be the best of idea’s, Damon. We could make a deal with her to leave afterward. We have to tell the other two though.” I nodded at him. “But I don’t suggest you tell Kaylee that vampire hunters are coming after her. It’ll just freak her out.”

“True.” Stefan and Sara were now standing in front of us, both dressed and looking unimpressed. They hardly had any other expression on their faces. I wanted to know how they could live like that…

“We heard.” Stefan announced to us all. I rolled my eyes. “I think we should send Sara to stay with Kaylee. There’s a possibility she’ll need some protection.” Sara glanced up at him, then smiled to us and nodded. Kaylee and Sara were practically exact opposites. Sara was straight forward and serious a vast majority of the time, where Kaylee was outgoing and strange, but in a good way.

“That’s a good idea. We’ll send her off right away.” I was giving Sara directions to where the house was located and she drove off after an hour of her packing.

It was going to be a long week.