Status: Active- Updates maybe 1-2 times a week.

Along The Way

Telling April and Phil

After dinner, April insisted on doing the dishes so Bailee could relax after making such a big meal. Bailee still stuck around with her though, while the boys played pool, again, but less violently this time. Angie, who was Dunn's girlfriend, also hung out in the kitchen. And while April washed the dishes, Angie and Bailee took turns drying them off and putting them back where they belonged. Bailee was surprised that Bam had such nice dishes and cooking utensils, but she figured that they had probably been Missy's choice, or that they had been wedding gifts. Bailee contemplated the day when she would have to meet Missy. Either way, it was going to happen, so she should at least be prepared for that adventure.

While they cleaned up, April asked Bailee questions, like what she did for a living, where she went to school, how the trip up to NY had been and if she likes the Jackass group. Bailee loved talking with April, and Angie was incredibly nice to her too. She prayed that April wouldn't hate Bam or perhaps even decline any further contact with Bailee. But this baby was her blood, too, and Bailee couldn't see April being the type of person to do such a thing. Especially with all of the shit that Bam has pulled in the past.

Soon the boys began to leave and Dunn and Angie returned to their room for the night. All of the boys thanked Bailee for dinner and suggested that they do it again sometime, hugging her goodbye and fucking around with Bam a few more times before actually leaving the house. April helped herself to a glass of wine and Bailee grabbed a beer and a bottle of water from the fridge. Phil and Bam were on the couch in the living room, watching some skate boarding program on one of the sports channels. Bailee handed Bam the beer and sat down beside him. She pulled her legs up to her, sitting side ways beside him and leaned in to him. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and smiled slightly, his parents also sitting beside one another.

Now it was Phil's turn to ask Bailee questions, most of them just repeats of what had already been asked of her. Phil said that he really enjoyed talking to her and that Bam had finally found a keeper. This made Bailee smile and reassured the two of them all the more for the talk that they had been dreading all night.

"Mom, Dad, there's actually a really big reason we asked you guys to come to dinner tonight."

Bailee tensed up, and looked between Bam, who looked as cool and composed as he could be, and his parents who were across from them. Bailee could see that April was uneasy and Phil was a little confused, she figured that they could tell something was wrong, just by the fact that Bam used "mom" and "dad" rather than calling them by his names like he always had.

"What is it Bam?" April asked.

"Well, you see..."Bailee began and bit her lip, unsure of how to word their scenario.

"No, it's okay. I'll say it." Bam looked down at her and Bailee nodded slightly after Bam kissed the top of her head.

"Say what?" Phil asked. "Come on, Bam, don't worry your mother."

"Well, I'm a father. Or rather, I'm going to be a father."

April stared at the two of them and ran a hand through her hair. "Bam, is this a joke?"

"No, not at all." Bailee whispered. "We have pictures, of the baby, if you want to see them I mean." She started tripping over words. This was getting nerve-wrecking.

Phil was appalled as he tried to accept that his son, who had just recently got divorced, was now going to be a father of another girl's child.

"Bam, how could you let this happen?"

"It isn't only his fault." Bailee spoke up.

"Listen, I know we fucked up and we were irresponsible but I'm not gonna just abandon her and my kid. She's moved in with me, I'm gonna take care of her and this kid is going to grow up with both of its parents."

Bailee looked up at Bam and frowned slightly. Bam really was serious, but she didn't want this to tear his family apart.

April sighed and the room grew silent. Bailee didn't know what to say, and she avoided eye contact with the rest of them, Bam was scared shitless and his parents were just so unsure of what to say or do in this situation. Sure, they were already grandparents and all, but Jess had his kids while married, that wasn't the case with Bam.

After a few minutes of dead silence, April spoke up. "May I see the pictures?"

This question shocked Bailee but she nodded and got up, going up to Bam's room to get the pictures from her purse.

"She's a great girl, Bam." Phil spoke up when Bailee was out of hearing range. "I just hope you know what you're doing."

"And you can't take back your word. You need to be there for this girl and your child, Bam." April sighed. It broke her heart that this child wasn't born to parents that were married, but she was happy for Bam at the same time. Bam had always wanted to be a father, desperately in fact. And she was one of the very few that found out about the incident with Missy, and know how much it destroyed Bam.

But not, this beautiful girl was giving Bam something Missy couldn't, and she had already made him happy in such a small amount of time. Bam was going to be an extraordinary father, but he still had a lot of growing up to do. With a baby around, Bam would have to cut back on the amount of traveling for work to be there to support Bailee, and the antics would have to be cut down as well. Danger was the last thing April wanted her fourth grandchild to be put in.

Bailee returned with pictures in her hand of their small, growing child. April sat up and reached out for the pictures. Phil sat up as well, and this time the look he gave was one of awe. April's eyes welled up with tears, and suddenly the pressure and the tension in the air seemed to dissipate. Bam rubbed Bailee's back gently as she sat back beside him. April and Phil looked through the pictures together until they were back at the beginning, there weren't that many of them.

"Have you gone to any of the appointments, Bam?" April asked.

"I went today." He smiled.

"We heard the baby's heartbeat."

April smiled gently. "That must have been very special for you too."

"It was." Bailee smiled and took the pictures back, giving one to April to keep.

"Do you know what it is yet?" Phil asked, wiping a tear from his eye.

"We don't know." Bailee shook her head. "We'll find out the next time we go to the doctor, but I want it to stay a secret for me."

"I don't have the patience for that shit." Bam laughed shaking his head and Bailee smiled, rolling her eyes. "What?" He laughed. "What else do you expect from me?"

"Nothing at all." Bailee laughed and looked up at Bam brightly.