Status: Active- Updates maybe 1-2 times a week.

Along The Way

"Alone Tonight"

Saturday had finally rolled around and Bailee was all over the place. She made sure to get as much sleep as possible and to not over-work herself, but Alex's piece still needed a lot of work even on Friday. They had finished a majority of it and the two of them felt ready, but he asked Bailee to go to the theatre an hour early to practice. Bailee also made sure to stay hydrated and eat enough for two, though with all of the dancing it was harder to put more weight on. She knew that after this, dancing would have to take a halt for the baby.

The show started at noon and ran until 3 in the after noon. Bailee rode with her friends to the theatre so she could ride home with Bam if he actually kept his word to come, but she wasn't 100% sure if he would show, mainly because he stayed out partying the night before at his bar and came home late and drunk. She only knew this because when she woke up beside him, he was in a dead sleep and wreaked of alcohol. Bailee couldn't blame him, though. This was his life style and she didn't expect to it to change for her. She just wished he would have remember while he was out drinking that he had been invited to her show.

Bailee's family, siblings and all, were also going to the show, and Bailee even invited April and Phil to come. She didn't know them very well still, but she thought it would be a nice gesture. After all, that night April had planned a barbeque at their house for both of their families to meet and learn more about where the other came from.

Bailee practiced with Alex until they were confident that they were ready for the show. Bailee also touched base with John on her own dance and then practiced her own solo. The show started out by division, so the order was groups for ages 2-8 and then a few solos/duets etc., then it was the Junior division with groups then solos/duets, the Senior division with groups and the solos/duet, then lastly the Adult category with the instructors and older dancers. The company was large and was performing with another company, so that explained the larger program. Today they would still do trophies/medals and other awards/titles but it wasn't really a competition like the one tomorrow would be.

The show went by fast in the beginning, Bailee watched here and there. She had one class in the youngest division, two classes in the Junior division and then one Senior division class. So she made sure that she was in the audience for each of those dances. She had a dance in the Senior group division that she performed in as well.

Bailee went to get changed for Alex's duet in the Senior division. For his dance, Bailee wore black spandex shorts to cover up for their moves, then a black silk-like night gown that reached about mid-thigh. Alex wore black pants and a black wife-beater, just simple and flexible for his dance. One duet was left in front of theirs and the two waited off stage for the others to finish. When their names were called, they entered the stage and got into position.

"Now to the stage for a Senior duet is Alex Penton and Bailee Reynolds in 'Stupid'."

From somewhere in the audience, there was a eruption of clapping in cheering as well as a very loud: "YEAH BAILEE." Alex looked at Bailee before the music started and laughed, shaking his head. Bailee smiled and blushed, knowing that Bam had definitely shown up to support her.

(( You don't have to watch if you don't want to, but here is what I chose for Alex's dance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O733yW6SnFA&feature=bf_prev&list=LLsEu4uCwHq4Cr5r7OoZrbAA ))

Throughout the dance, Bailee's friends and Alex's friends did little cheers for their sexy movements or for the moves that they pulled off. When they finished, cheering came from all around the theatre and they had quite a few people, mainly friends and family, stand for them.

Bailee had to run and change for her own choreographed duet, because there were no adult groups and only two duets followed Alex's. For her dance it was a simple change however, she kept on the black shorts, but wore a black bra and a simple black cover up. John's outfit was simply black shorts and a red wife beater.

"Now showcasing is our very own instructor, Bailee Reynolds who choreographed the next dance, "Werewolf," featuring John Polito."

The cheering came back at full blast as the two took their places on the stage. Bailee laid down on her back center stage and John stood at her side, beginning after the music started.

(Bailee's duet:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m2KBEmDnHU&feature=related

The other duets went and then the solos began. Bailee's solo was the very last one and as she took the stage her heart skipped a beat. She hadn't performed solo in a long time, and she just prayed that she would land all of her jumps and it would go smoothly. After all, she did close the show.

For her solo dance, she wore a two piece outfit, which was one of her favorites of all time. The top was one strapped bra. Half was a tan and the other half was a deep red/maroon, and the fabric was sparkly. The bottom was a pair of maroon shorts with different strips of fabric that loosely hung in different spots, making it look like a skirt. Bailee wore her hair down and wore red lipstick to change it up a bit.

(Here is Bailee's dance, and I RECOMMEND watching this one. It has some meaning but you'll find out later in this chapter :) ))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqx-afUsJgg&feature=related

Bailee walked out and got in position as the announcer spoke. "Now closing out our show is Bailee Reynolds with her solo 'Alone Tonight'."

"Go Bailee, you got this!" Bam yelled and Bailee smiled slightly as she started her dance.

Bailee began moving, dancing out her choreography and landing each one of her leaps/jumps and other dance tricks. This dance had been in the making for almost a year. Not because she lacked motivation to finish it or because she was incapable of pulling movement together for it. It was difficult for her to finish it because of who it was about.

Bailee had been with a boy for a long time a few years back, it had been her longest relationship and had lasted over 3 years. She was engaged to the boy, and he broke her heart. Bailee had given up everything for this boy, even her dancing for quite some time. She moved out of her parents house and bought an apartment with him, accepted his proposal and was probably the happiest girl alive. It was perfect, almost too good to be true. But that's exactly what it was.

About two months after the move into their apartment, things began to change. Her 'fiance' was gone all hours of the night, leaving Bailee on her own. Thus the title "Alone Tonight." There would be several times where a newly discovered temper would cause almost a violent fight between the two and he would throw things, break things, threaten and then leave for the night without another word. He never laid hands on her, but things had been thrown, and Bailee covered the only scar he ever gave her with a tattoo. It was the one on her side, which she'd never really shown or explained to Bam.

Bailee tried for months to make it work, for whatever reason. She didn't even remember. She tired to make things work and fix it all, bring the old him back and return to the nights they shared in bed together. To the times when she wanted nothing more than to be married to him. But i never did change. Bailee left.

She hadn't seen him since the night she packed her bags and went back home to her parents in West Chester. The last she had heard, he went to rehab to get sobered up and was living in New York. Bailee could hardly even remember him. He was the reason she went out to party: to forget. She drank and hooked up with two or three guys, she couldn't even remember. She had blocked so much of that part of her life out. And this dance now, nearly brought her to tears. But damn, did she dance her heart out.

Bailee had gained herself a standing ovation for sure. She had her crowd and even others stand for her as the curtain closed.

The awards ceremony that followed was simple, all the younger kids got trophies and they did other awards and medals for the older girls and announced scholarships that girls in the Junior and Senior division had won from the companies.

Bailee grabbed her dance bag, putting on sneakers and a hoodie, not even bothering to change anything else in the mob of people. She got a text from her mom that told her to go out the front exit, that's where everyone was waiting. And boy, did she mean everyone.