Status: Active- Updates maybe 1-2 times a week.

Along The Way

Fortune Cookies

Bam sat down in his seat after getting the two of them glasses of iced tea, napkins and silverware. Bailee kneed on her chair to pull their meals out of the brown bag. She pulled out Bam's food and set it him front of him, nodding as he thanked her. She then pulled out a bag of egg rolls, resting it on the table in between them and then pulled out her food, sitting in her seat.

The too of them talked, catching up from their separate weekends. Bam had to make up shit he did in NY while he was "away for business" because he wanted to keep the baby nursery plans a secret as a present for Bailee. Bailee told him how she went out to dinner with her friends and how excited all of them were to find out Bailee was having a child. They also wanted to meet Bam.

"How did the check up go?" Bam asked.

Bailee's heart automatically started racing and she felt jitters from her fingertips, to the tips of her toes. She was starting to get anxious about telling Bam, but she would stay with the original plan. "It went good, Dunn took me so I wouldn't have to go alone. I have new pictures, they're upstairs."

Bam nodded and they continued to talk and plan a little bit about what they were going to do when the baby arrived. Little did Bailee know, Bam's heart was racing just as fast.

Since it was late at night and Bam had been out of town, the camera crew's weren't in the house to record, but Bailee was happy when Bam got his camera out and started screwing around and recording, because she wanted his reaction to the twins on camera.

"Are you done?" She asked and smiled when he turned the camera up to her face and nodded.

She put their food away in the fridge for left overs and then walked back to the table, standing behind her chair with her arms on the back. "Dunn took my picture last night for our project, do you want to do it before bed?"

"Yeah, but first, fortune cookies!" He smiled and set the camera down on the table. He stuck his hand in the brown bag, taking on out and setting it on his place mat, then handing Bailee one.

"You first." Bailee smiled and sat down at the table and picked up the camera, pointing it at Bam.

"Okay." He stuck out his tongue and unwrapped the cookie. He broke it in half and glanced up at Bailee who was behind the camera.

"What does it say?"

"Forever is a long time, but..." Bam made a confused look and glanced back at Bailee. "No shit forever is a long time. But what, what is with the random ass but?"

"Who knows Bam." Bailee laughed and handed back the camera, picking up his fortune to read it for herself. "Weird." She shrugged and took her cookie out of the little bag.

Bam took a bite of his cookie and pointed the camera straight at Bailee, intent on capturing the reaction he was hoping for. Bailee broke the cookie in two and Bam peeked at her. "Look at the fortune first."

"What do you mean look at the fortune first what is-"

"Just look at the fortune first."

Bailee looked at him confused, feeling that one half of the cookie was heavier than the other. She pulled out the tiny sliver of paper and read it to herself, piecing it together.

"What does it say?" Bam smiled, keeping the camera on her.

"It says 'I wouldn't mind spending it by your side.' Bam, is this, AWE!" She smiled, her eyes welling up in her eyes. "I get it "Forever is a long time, but I wouldn't mind spending it by your side.' Bam this is so freakin' cute." She smiled and wiped her eyes, setting the fortune down and picking up the discarded cookie.

Bam was just smiling with a shit-eating grin from ear to ear as she found the second part of his little hidden surprise.

"Oh my God Bam." Bailee's hand covered her mouth as her free hand lifted up what fell from the cookie.

"Do you like it?"

Bailee kept quiet, tears falling from her eyes now. "Bam, it's so pretty." She cooed and held the little object between her fingers.

What had fallen from the other half of the cookie was a ring. A beautiful, silver, diamond-studded band with a big heart-shaped diamond proudly at the center. "Bam, this is so beautiful." She wiped her cheeks with her hand and looked at him.

"It's not 'will you marry me' right now, but it's an 'I promise.'" Bam smiled sweetly and looked at her.

"Bam, this is perfect, you're perfect." She sighed in awe as she slid the little ring onto her ring finger. She got out of her seat and placed herself in her lap, kissing Bam with her hands on either side of his cheeks. Bam held the camera up and then shined it on the sparkling little number now on Bailee's ring finger.

"Thank you so much." Bailee smiled happily and kissed him.

"I just want to show you how serious I am about you, that it's not just the baby that is keeping me here."

Bailee smiled. "Now were really need to add this to our baby story!"

Bailee and Bam moved to the living room where Bailee stood in front of the fire place. Bailee held both of their "fortunes" in her hands, Bam's above hers. She stood in front of the fireplace, smiling, and Bam took pictures of her, getting increasingly closer to her hands until you could perfectly see the writing on the fortunes. Bam then took a picture of Bailee's ring.

Bam set the time for a few different shots. They did a mock re-enactment of Bam giving Bailee a fortune cookie and opening it to the ring, then they did one kissing, a shot of Bailee holding a thumbs up, then turning back to a side profile view, lifting up her shirt, and taking a picture of her growing belly.

"I am exhausted." Bam yawned.

"Yeah, me too. Let's go to bed." She smiled and kissed him, wrapping her arms around his neck. Bam picked her up bridal style and carried her up to their room, turning lights off along the way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Here's my idea of the ring if you're interested!