Status: Active- Updates maybe 1-2 times a week.

Along The Way

Doghouse

Bailee jumped as her phone ringing went off in her sleep. She rolled over to get to the night stand and picked up her phone, looking at the time. It was 3:30 in the morning and Bam was calling.

"Bam?" She groaned, half asleep and trying to figure out where she was.

"Baileeeee.." He giggled. "Um, can you do me a favor?" His words were almost incoherent.

"Bam it's three in the fucking morning, where are you?" She rubbed her eyes.

"I'm uh out at the bar, can you do me a favor?"

"What, Bam?" Bailee asked in extreme irritation as she sat up.

"Can you take a taxi to the bar and drive us and the car home?" She barely made out, between the noise and his drunken slur.

Bailee ran a hand through her hair, sitting on the edge of the bed and looking around the darkness. Everything in her wanted to tell him no, that he could walk home. But knowing Bam, if she didn't go get him, he'd drive home; and then he could be arrested or worse, get in an accident.

"Bailee?" He asked when she has paused longer than his drunken state could handle.

"Yeah, Bam. Where are you?"

Bailee hung up with Bam as he drunkenly replied that he would text her the name of the bar. She pulled a pair of sweats on over her boy shorts and grabbed a light hoodie to put on over only her undershirt. She had no intention of putting real close on, and at this point of the night she didn't give a fuck what she looked like. She pulled her hair into a bun, grabbing her purse and keys to the house, putting them in her pockets. She grabbed her wallet too as she looked up a cab business and called them for a ride, knowing she would have to pay the driver.

When the cab got to the house, she locked up and got in, telling the driver the name of the bar she had to go to. She was exhausted and her muscles ached from the full day of travel the day before. Her anger toward Bam was building up slowly on the ride to the bar, thoroughly pissed off with him. She tried to regain her composure as she paid the driver and got out. As she expected, Bam wasn't even outside waiting for her.

She went inside the bar which was incredibly packed for almost 4 in the morning, but people were slowly leaving. She searched around for Bam and didn't see any sign of him.

"Hey baby, what are you doing out here so late?" A random drunk guy slurred as she tried to move past him.

"I'm looking for someone." She said and tried to shove past him again.

"Hey baby, where do you think you're going?" He laughed and grabbed her arm.

"She's with me." An oddly familiar voice said and grabbed the guys arm, which had a grip on Bailee, hard and shoved him off. "Back off."

"Sorry, dude." The drunk shrugged off and walked away.

Bailee turned around to thank her savior and sighed in relief as she looked up to find Steveo. "You have no idea how happy I am to see you." She hugged his waist tightly, having been panicked by the drunk grabbing her.

He hugged her back and smiled. "What are you doing out her so late? You should be home sleeping."

"I know." She sighed, obviously upset. "I'm here to pick up Bam, where is he?"

"Him and Dunn just went outside to wait for a ride." He said hesitantly. "I had no idea that you were the one he called or else I would have brought him home."

"You're the DD (designated driver)?" She asked.

"No, I'm sober." He smiled. "I just like to hang out with everyone, but I stayed to make sure all of the guys got home okay. Do you want me to take care of them?"

"No, that's okay." She tried to force a smile. "I have to take the car back either way."

"Alright, drive safe. Can you text me when you get back to where you guys are staying?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure." She said and handed him her phone.

After a quick exchange of numbers, Bailee hugged Steveo again and re-thanked him for saving her from some drunken idiot. He hugged back and told her to drive safe.

Bailee went back out of the bar and looked around for the Range Rover. When she found it, she walked over to find Dunn resting his head on his arms on the hood of the car and Bam staring at his phone with a squint, the light obviously hurting his drunken head.

"Bam, give me the keys." She said as she walked up to them.

Dunn looked up and made a look that showed the shame of having her come get them. Bam looked up, nearly astonished by the tone of her voice.

"Bailee, th-"

"Just give me the keys." She held out her hand.

Bam quietly pulled out the keys and handed them to Bailee who shoved past him, got in the car, and started it. Dunn crawled into the back seat quietly, knowing the two of them were in for it. But surprisingly to the two of them, Bailee drove back to the house by using the in-car GPS and did so without saying a word, leaving the three of them to the quiet radio which was on some talk show at this hour.

When they got the house, Bailee turned the car off and handed the keys back to Bam, getting out. She walked up the house and unlocked it, leaving the door wide open for them to take care of themselves. She kicked off her shoes, walked up the stairs to the master bedroom and shut the door, locking it behind her. She pulled off her hoodie, throwing her phone to the bed and her keys and change on the night stand. She slid out of her pants and crawled back into the already cooled bed.

Bam stumbled up the stairs after taking his shoes off, Dunn having already taken tylenol and gone to his own bedroom. Bam went to open the door and noticed the door didn't budge, the handle locked. He sighed and his head collided with the door with a small 'thud.'

"Bailee, please open the door." He groaned.

"No Bam."

"Why not?"

"I refuse to sleep with a drunken idiot who thinks it's okay to leave his pregnant girlfriend alone on their first night in LA, and then proceeds to think that it's also okay to call his PREGNANT girlfriend to come pick his dumb ass up from a bar at 4 in the god-damn morning." She said, raising her voice, the tears starting to burn in her eyes.

"Bailee, I-"

"No Bam, there are two other rooms and couches in this house. Go find one to sleep in." She said and put in her head phones, plugging them into her iPhone and putting it on shuffle.

She looked at her phone and texted Steveo. "Made it home."

"Bam in the doghouse?" He texted back after a few minutes.

"Yup. Gonna go back to sleep. Goodnight."

"Night Bailee, sorry for the bad night :("

"It's not your fault."

Once her and Steveo stopped texting, she put her phone on silent and slid it under her pillow. And with that, she fell back asleep.