Status: Active- Updates maybe 1-2 times a week.

Along The Way

The Sleepless City

In the hospital, Bam sat in the hallway of the emergency room in a plastic, ugly colored chair. His elbows were down on his knees and his head was in his hands. The flashbacks from the past kept hitting him and hitting him and he felt like he was about to explode. It felt like he had been sitting there for hours. He could hardly remember the stretcher that Bailee was put on or the ambulance ride to the hospital, or the commotion in the hospital. A nurse told him awhile ago that the guys were in the other wing of the emergency room but he had her relay a message that he couldn't see anyone with his current state of mind. He couldn't see anyone other than Bailee right now.

After awhile longer, the doctor that was seeing Bailee emerged from the room and Bailee flew out of his chair. "How is she?" His eyes were wide with fear and terror was written all over his face. "Please tell me they're okay!"

"Mr. Margera, Bailee is doing just fine. She's going to make a strong recovery."

"The babies-" He choked out.

"She still has both babies." The doctor confirmed.

"What happened?" Bam asked, running his hands through his hair.

"I've already discussed all of this with Bailee, and she asked me to speak to you for her. The cramping and bleeding that she's experienced is a result of extra stress and too much strenuous labor on her body. She's been doing too much and has been under a large amount of stress lately which is not healthy for her or the baby. We thought at first that she had entered an early labor, but thankfully that was not the case. However, at the five month mark, the bleeding is very dangerous. What I recommend is putting Bailee on bed rest. This isn't something she was too happy with but bed rest is in both her and the babies' best interest at this point. I also recommend that the two of you look into a childbirth class to take together to get prepared.

You four are about to enter week 21 of the pregnancy, so it's a good idea that she rest a lot, drink lots of fluids and to lay on an ice pack or a heating pad."

"But she's okay right? The babies are okay?"

"Yeah, they are all right, I assure you of that. Right now, we have Bailee on fluids and vitamins that her and the babies need. I'm also putting her on iron supplements for a few weeks to help with the bleeding. The cramping is also part of an early calcium deficiency. She needs to drink a lot of milk, and when the cramping starts she should flex and stretch and it will also help for you to rub where she's cramping. I also spoke to her about sexual intercourse."

"Well, we just had sex the other night-" Bam said blushing.

"So she said." The doctor smiled. "Before you try anything else, wait 2-3 weeks. The childbirth class will help a lot with helping you two understand sex during pregnancy."

Bam nodded slightly and sighed. "I feel like shit doc.."

"Don't stress yourself out over it. You're not pregnant but the stress isn't good for dad either."

"When can she go home?"

"We're going to keep her tomorrow and tomorrow night we will probably release her. As for traveling home, as long as she's relaxed and calm she should be fine. I told her to sit in the back with the pregnancy tucked behind her. But we'll go over all of that when she's released."

"When can I see her?"

"She asked for a couple hours to rest. Go home, get some sleep, and we will call you if anything else happens. By the afternoon, you should be able to see her."

"Thank you." Bam sighed and shook hands with the doctor.

Bam walked back out to the ER and were greeted and hugged by Johnny, Steve-O and Dunn. He explained what he was told to them and they apologized for dragging Bam all over the world with a pregnant girlfriend at home. The small group of them went back to the hotel to get some sleep, even though the sun was already starting to come up over the sleepless city.

The hotel management had come in and actually removed the mattress from the room while Bam was gone. They had caught wind of what happened and put in a new mattress with fresh blankets and complimentary bottles of water and chocolate mints.

Bam crawled back into bed and stared into the darkness. He had shut the blinds with some hope that maybe he could get some sleep. But he was far too worried about Bailee, and all that ran through his head was how much of a dick he had been to her without even listening to her first. When the phone rang, he didn't even have to think twice to answer.

"Hello?" He sat up.

"Hi." Bailee said quietly.

Bam looked at the clock which read 4:00 pm. "Hi." He sat up and rubbed his head.

"They're releasing me."

"I'll be right there."

Bailee didn't say anything more, just hung up. Bam scrambled to get dressed and grabbed his things. On the way to the hospital, he stopped at a florist and got a bouquet of white roses. When he got to the hospital, they led him to a new wing where Bailee had been moved to shortly before Bailee called. Bam knocked on the door of her room gently before he heard her say 'come in.'

Bam opened the door and walked into the room. Bam brought her clean clothes to put on which she took quietly and glanced at the roses in his hand then at him with a blank look on her face. Bailee put on the clean clothes and threw things out. Her hair was wet from taking a shower in the small hospital bathroom.

"When we get back to West Chester I'm moving in with my parents." She stated, rubbing her hand where the IV had been.

"Bailee, I know I fucked up last night and I'm really sorry, really I feel like such a piece of shit."

"You should." She looked at him. "I gave you the second chance you asked for and I have no more chances to give you."

"But Bailee-"

"No but's Bam. I can't keep doing this, it's obviously not good for the babies and I'm not going to sacrifice the lives of my children for this."

"They're my children too..."

"Then maybe you should grow up Bam." She said, obviously meaning what she said. "I'm about to have two kids, Bam, I don't need a third one to raise."

Bam stared at her. "Bailee, look I promise-"

"Don't make any more promises you can't keep, Bam." She looked up as the nurse came in to give her the release papers and some instructions on the new medication.

Afterward, Bailee checked out and left the hospital with Bam. Bam was still carrying the roses.