Status: Active- Updates maybe 1-2 times a week.

Along The Way

Doctors Office

After a few days passed, Bailee decided to take a break from the studio, asking Nicole to take over for her. She had only gotten sick 2 or 3 more times since the first day it began, but Bailee had begun to worry. Her period was always crazy, and it always came at different times, unexpectedly. But she hadn't got it the past 3 months or even longer. It was time to find out the truth.

She called her doctor, wanting to get a test done there, rather than taking a store bought test. Even if was the same thing or not, she trusted the doctor more to find out than herself. She dressed in LOVE pants from Victoria Secret, and a hoodie that she had recieved as a gift for her birthday, flipflops, and the other essential things she had always carried in her purse.

Bailee got in her car, pushing her sunglasses over her eyes, and blaring the music that she had put onto her iPod. What would she do if she was pregnant? She never saw Bam, she barely knew the guy. And even though she knew what happened between them that night was wrong, she didn't exactly regret it.

What would her mom think if she was pregnant? What would her dad think? Her brother? Her sister? Her friends?

What about the father...Bam?

She pulled into the parking lot, pushing her material items into her purse and pulling it over her shoulder. She marched into the doctors office, but when it came to climbing the stairs to reach her destination, she felt timid. She took it a step at a time. She couldn't decide what to feel, but she knew she was nervous no matter what.

She went up to the door of her doctor, and smiled as a young boy held open the door for her. He smiled up at her, and then also held the door open for his mom who was pushing a stroller. Bailee went up to the secretary and signed in, letting her know she was there for her check up. She sat in the one of the soft chairs that was placed in the room. Luckily, the only other person there was a woman around her age. But either way, she didnt really look up from her lap. She was too scared to.

"Bailee?" A nurse asked, standing in the open doorway.

She looked up and stood, following the short, petite woman to a back room. "What brings you here today?" She asked, gesturing for Bailee to set her stuff down and remove her shoes.

"Um..I'd like to talk to the doctor." Bailee forced out.

The nurse nodded. "Please step on the scale."

Bailee did so and looked at her weight. She had gained a few pounds, nothing that worried her. Her height was still the same, she was done growing anyway so that didn't really bother her.

"OK, just go into the room and the doctor will be right with you."

Bailee nodded and went into the room. Rather than sitting on the table, she sat in one of the chairs. She didn't like going to the doctors, but she knew if what she came here for was positive, she'd be here more often.

"Hello Bailee." The doctor smiled. "How have you been?"

"I've been good." She said quietly. "And yourself?"

"Good, good." She nodded and looked over her papers. "Everything seems to be in good shape. You seem healthy as a horse. What brings you here today?"

"I think I might be pregnant...and I'd like to take a test."

The doctor, Dr.Savage, looked over Bailee and smiled slightly. "Well, have you been experiencing nausea? Had weird cravings?"

"I've been getting sick once or twice the past couple mornings. And yes, I've been craving things like orange juice, tuna, pepporoni." She shrugged and looked up at her.

"OK, when was your last period?"

"I want to say like 4 months ago, but I never know because it's always been like that."

"Ah, that's right." She nodded. "However, we never put you on birthcontrol." She said, looking through Bailee's filing.

Bailee nodded.

"OK, well, we will go ahead with a few tests. Of course, a pregnancy test." She opened a cabinet and took out a small jar and labeled it, handing it off to her. "I need you to pee in this, about 1/4 full or so."

"OK." Bailee took a deep breath and stood up, hurring to the bathroom at the end of the hall.

Bailee sat down and peed into the little cup. She knew she would hate this part. She thought it was weird, and wondered why the doctors or nurses never seemed to mind collecting this pee.

When she was finished, she put the jar into the small cabinet and left the bathroom after washing her hands. She walked back to the room, looking around.

"OK, Bailee we are going to run the test, if you don't mind, I'd like to listen to your breathing and check your stomach so you can just take your shirt off."

Dr.Savage shut the door, and Bailee removed her shirt as asked. She sat on the table and watched as the doctor took her blood pressure, listened to her heart in several places, and felt around on her tummy.

The doctor nodded and looked at her. "If you're only two or three months, then I can't physically tell yet if you're pregnant. Now, you can wait here for a while to wait for the results, which you're welcome to do, or you can go home and we'll call you."

"I'd like to go home." She murmured.

"OK, well, I will call you when the results come in, it shouldn't be that long."

"OK, thank you Dr.Savage."

"You're welcome honey, you're free to leave now."

Bailee re-adjusted herself and then left quickly. She went out to her car, sitting in the driver's seat with her head and hands on the steering wheel.

"Fuck."