Status: Active- Updates maybe 1-2 times a week.

Along The Way

Pregnant

Two more weeks had past and it was confirmed that Bailee was now 11 weeks pregnant. She was excited, but scared. She'd spilled the beans to Nicole, and planned to tell work after her First Trimester was over. She'd also planned on how to tell her parents. She hoped they'd be excited, but she knew they'd be disappointed that a random boy had knocked her up.

Bailee hadn't told Bam. She wanted to, but didn't know what to say or even how he'd react. She knew it was time to tell her mom, and find someone to provide her with advice about Bam. What could she possibly do?

"Hey mom, it's me. I just wanted to know if I could stop by this afternoon and see you and dad. Uh, give me a call back when you get this. Love you, bye." She left the voicemail on her mother's phone. She was most likely still at work.

It was noon, and Bailee had gone back to work. Thankfully, she was able to continue to teach her class, without worrying that she was hurting the baby. Her baby was about the size of a fig, and she could have sworn several times that she felt small little kicks, but maybe it was just her.

After she taught her class, her mother returned her call and said she was more than welcome to stop by for dinner that night to visit. She went home and showered, changing into something simple enough for visiting.

Around 5 she drove the hour to her parent's house. She thought of how to tell them, of what to say. She was still worried. But what else could she do? She couldn't hide the pregnancy from her own parents.

"Ah! There you are!" Her short, blonde mother hugged her tightly after she had walked in through the door. She barely resembled her mother, only their eyes and body build were the same. Her mom was short, but she had a nice body. Bailee got her tallness from her dad who stood proudly around 6 inches and 2 centimeters.

"Hi mom." She laughed and hugged back, leading off to hug her dad next.

"Your sister is stopping by too!" Her mom, Rachel, smiled warmly.

Bailee's sister was 21, and she was attending a small college for law. Her brother was 17, and was obnoxious like Bailee herself.

"What about Tommy?" She asked, taking her coat off and hanging up her belongings.

"He's at a friend's house tonight, unfortunately." Her dad, Joe, answered.

Bailee nodded and proceeded to follow her parents into the kitchen. Her father took out 4 wine glasses and a bottle of wine. He didn't open it, waiting for her sister Avery to get to the house too. She knew she'd have to tell them when the bottle of wine was opened.

"So how is work?" Rachel asked, preparing more of dinner.

"Good, I love my students and they are so excited for their first recital this year." She smiled and helped here and there.

"That's good." Joe nodded.

Her family was well-to-do. Her parents owned a winery, of which they lived on the same property. Although they had money, Rachel and Joe teach the kids responsibility by giving them just enough for college, but fur luxury items, they were to spend their own money. Bailee, being the oldest and already out of college, had already paid back most of what her parents lent her, and tried not to borrow money unless she really needed it. Avery borrowed for college, and Tommy had his own job so money typically was not an issue for them. Although strict with money and education, her parents were very loving and giving people.

"I'm here!" Avery shouted from the entry.

Avery looked a lot like Bailee. She had brown hair that was once long, but was recently cut short to fit her pretty, roundish face. She was the only one with blue eyes in their small family, which she got from her grandma. She was also tall and slender, though not quite as tall as Bailee and Joe. Her skin was as dark as hers as well, they were a very Italian and Native American family.

"Hi sis." She smiled brightly, hugging Bailee and then each of her parents.

"Hello darling, how was school." Rachel greeted.

"Great." She nodded.

Avery was the spoiled one. She got everything and anything, but she was very responsible when she had to be. She still lived at home, taking over the farm house across the road that had been fixed up into a guest house...well, she took it for her own.

"Come sit ladies, it's time for dinner." Joe smiled, helping his wife carrying the hot, sweet-smelling food into the dining room to set on the table.

Joe poured 4 glasses of wine and passed them around. Grace was said, and then a toast to begin dinner. Everyone but Bailee took a gulp of the bright red drink, and she knew, even when looking at her lap, that all eyes were on her.

"Mom...dad...I can't drink." She looked up at them. "I'm pregnant."