Run Arabella Run

The End

“Glad you could make it.” He said with a hint of excitement that showed in his voice. Arabella opened her mouth to scream again only this time nothing came out as he advanced on her raising his weapon. Every step brought Arabella closer to death; the fear she felt paralyzed her in her spot making her an easy target. He stopped mere inches away from Arabella, the barrel of the gun pressed against her forehead. “Goodbye sweetheart.” Were his parting words before the gun dropped and he groaned in an immeasurable amount of pain. Arabella quickly lowered her knee after it connected with this body and picked up the gun; the hunted had become the hunter.

“Goodbye.” She said with her dirty finger on the trigger pointing it at his head as he stood back up staring at her. A feeling of victory ran through her veins lines blood, she had the power to end her terror. His lips slowly turned up in a smirk, one that made Arabella’s victorious feeling dissipate.

“This’ll never be goodbye.” His voice was quiet and deadly. “I’ll always be the shiver running down your spine, the invisible eyes always watching you. I’ll forever be there; you’ll never be able to get rid of me no matter how many times you pull that trigger or how many bullets riddle my body. I will always be there, haunting you—” He was cut off as her finger squeezed the trigger as tight as she possibly could. A deafening crack echoed through the giant barn and blood splattered across Arabella’s filthy dirt stained white dress as the dead body fell limp and lifeless down to the floor.

It was hours before the body was discovered lying clod on the hay covered floor in the dark barn. In a blur of flashing lights, yellow police tape and navy blue uniforms the detective squatted down next to the body staring at it intently. The detective picked up the stone cold pale wrist that held a blue plastic hospital wrist band. His warm fingers contrasted with the clod skin of the victim as he turned over the wrist band to reveal the information he needed.

......................................Larkhill Asylum
....................................Harrison, Arabella
................................Paranoia Schizophrenia