Status: Active!

I'm Not Anywhere Close to Perfect

015.

-Leland's POV-

"My step-dad. He's ou--" Aubree's voice got cut off by something.

"Someone needs to go down there." Beth said loudly. We already had our fugitive in custody so were going down anyway.

"Leland,Duane Lee! Go!" My dad yelled at my brother and I. We both ran to the elevator and once it opened we bolted out of the apartment building.

"Stop!" We both heard Aubree scream. I ran over there and found her step-dad, George, hitting her repeatedly and she was just laying there on the concrete protecting her head by using her arms to put over her head.

"Get off of her." I yelled grabbing George and pushing him off. I could hear Aubree bawling her eyes out. George tried pushing me back but I just pushed farther and harder. He tried to swing at me but I ducked.

"Leland. Stop." My dad yelled as I was about to start hitting him. He ran over and got George in handcuffs and I went over to where Duane Lee and Aubree were. Aubree was crying, I don't think I've ever seen her cry that hard. She was sitting in the backseat of our car. George actually got her pretty good. She had a busted lip and I could see bruises start forming on her face. I heard Beth start yelling and going crazy, I had to go over there and stop her from beating the crap out of George.

"Beth stop!" I yelled. She actually did, that's a first. Beth actually listening to one of the Chapman boys. Once I knew she wasn't going to freak out anymore I went back over to Aubree and Duane Lee.

"Hey." I said quietly, she looked at me then started crying harder. "Calm down, it's okay." I hugged her and was kind of hesitant to hug me back but eventually she did. We stood there a while even after the Beth and my dad left with George and our fugitive.

"I'll be in the front seat." Duane Lee said.

"Here, move over a little." I told Aubree. She did and I sat next to her and closed the car door. She moved closer to me and I put my arms back around her.

"This guy is going to jail for a long time." Duane Lee said.

"Yeah." I agreed. "I think we should get her to a doctor."

"Do I really look that bad?" Aubree spoke up. I moved so I was look directly at her.

"A bruise here and there but you still look just as beautiful." I said kissing her cheek. She pushed me back and shook her head. "What's wrong?"

"Stop, you have Nicole."

"Aubree." I started but she stopped me by shaking her head again.

"We're here." Duane Lee said. I nodded and got out of the car. My dad and Beth weren't even out of the car but I went to the driver seat and opened the car door.

"Yes, Leland?" Beth asked.

"I screwed up with everything."

"It took you Aubree to get assaulted for you to realize that? That little girl loves you Leland."

"I know." I sighed.

"Aw, this jackass loves my daughter." George spoke up.

"Hey, shut the fuck up. I will beat the living shit out of you." I yelled at him.

"Oh, I'm so scared." He laughed.

"Don't test him, buddy." Beth said. George rolled his eyes and went back to talking crap with my dad. "As I was saying. She loves you so much, and I know you feel the same. Right?"

"Yeah."

"Then why the hell did you go on that date with Nicole?"

"I just thought that Aubree was just a little crush." I shrugged. "She pushed me away in the car. She told me I had Nicole."

"I'm going to give you on small piece of advice. Women will hold onto everything. You are going to have to really put effort especially with Aubree." I nodded and shut her door before walking back to my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of short. Sorry. But I'm going to work on the chapter right NOW. :D