Status: Active!

I'm Not Anywhere Close to Perfect

017.

"Babe." I felt Leland nudge me awake.

"What?" I groaned.

"Beth said I have to go in to work."

"No." I said sitting up.

"I have to. I'm sorry." He gave me a hug and I nuzzled my head in the crook of his neck and he laughed. He kissed the top of my head and rubbed my back. I pulled away and grabbed his hands and intertwined our fingers together. I pulled back trying to get Leland to get on the bed with me. He laughed and shook his head.

"Please?" I gave him my best puppy dog face on him and I think it worked because he sighed and joined me back in bed. That's surprising because I am awful at puppy dog faces.

"If I get in trouble, you're going to get yelled at by Beth not me." I rolled my eyes and snuggled closer to Leland. He smelt so amazing, his cologne is so soothing. "Don't fall back asleep on me." He laughed.

"Fine. What time is it?" I yawned.

"Around nine." He said.

"Nine?!" I yelled. "We went to bed at like five, Leland."

"I know."

"Don't wake me up until one."

"What am I supposed to do until one?" Leland asked moving around.

"Stay still." I said. He laughed and snaked his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. I smiled and cuddled up closer to him. As I was about to fall go back to asleep when I heard my doorbell ring. I groaned and sat up.

"Leland. I can't answer the door like this." I said pointing to my face which was still in pain.

"So I'm guessing you want me to get it?"

"Well, yeah." I nodded. Leland sighed and got out of bed and went to go get the door. I followed him but stopped to look at myself in the mirror. I look like shit. My cheek has a huge bruise on it. I stopped looking at myself and went over to the kitchen to get something to eat.

"Guess who's at the door?" Leland came over to me with a fake smile.

"Oh no, who?"

"Beth." He sighed and as if on cue she walked in.

"Aloha, Aubree." She smiled.

"Beth." I whined. "Please, let Leland stay." I said wrapped my arms around him. He chuckled and Beth gave me a look.

"You obviously can't come in today so we really need him." She said. "If you don't want to leave him then just come with us."

"I'll pass. I look like crap. I need my pain killers, I hurt so much." I said touching my cheek.

"I'll be in the car then and Leland you have five minutes to be out in the car." She pointed at him before turning on her heel and walking out. Leland sighed and I looked up at him.

"I'll be back as soon as I can." He said. I pouted and he laughed. "You're the cutest thing, you know that?"

"Oh I know." I said smiling. I laughed and leaned up to kiss him. I felt him smile against my lips and I wrapped my arms around his neck. I could've stayed like that forever as corny as it sounds it just feels so right and amazing in his arms. Leland was the one who pulled away first and I just smiled at him.

"Remember to rest up and take the pain medicine the doctor gave you, yeah?"

"Yeah, I know."

"I'll call you when I can." He said leaning down to peck my lips one more time. We heard Beth start to honk and I start laughing.

"Go." I pushed him away. He smiled at me before jogging out of the door and down to Beth. I grabbed a chocolate muffin before going back to my bedroom. I finished eating and then I fell back asleep.

-Leland's POV-

"Gosh, Leland." Beth laughed when I got in the back of the car. "You two act like teenagers."

"We do not."

"Okay." She said sarcastically. "Apparently someone found Aubree's glasses she was wearing from last night."

"I forgot she was wearing them. Are the broken?"

"Yeah. The glass is shattered. Her dad probably broke them either by punching her or throwing them."

"I wish you guys would have let me beat the living shit out the guy."

"Right, that would've been the smartest idea. You would've gone way overboard."

"How long is he going to be locked up?"

"Well your dad said that the officer said he would be in for a couple of years."

"Good." I breathed as we pulled up at the office. I got out of the car and walked in.

"You found him!" Duane Lee yelled laughing. "Let me guess, you were at Aubree's?"

"Yeah." I shrugged.

"Did you get some?" He asked punching my arm.

"Bro, she was assaulted by her dad last night. I'm not going to try to get some ass. I'm not that insensitive."

"Yeah, whatever." He laughed.

"Boys, come on." Beth called.

"This one should be pretty easy, hopefully it should only take us a few hours." My dad said as my brother and I walked in. "Tonight Uncle Tim is having a party cause he's in town. He said that you can bring a guest if you guys want." My dad got started going over records then we all suited up and started hunting our fugitive down.

"Do you think Aubree will go?" Lyssa asked me as we started driving.

"I don't think so. She didn't come in because she's really insecure about her bruises." I said.

"Aw, poor girl." Beth said. "I know Tim wants to meet our new edition to the team."

"I can try to talk her into it. I can be very persuasive sometimes." I said laughing.

"Leland." Lyssa rolled her eyes and pretend to gag.

"You should've seen what I walked into this morning." Beth said.

"We weren't doing anything!"

"I know, I'm just teasing." Beth laughed. "We're going to start filming again and the network wants Aubree on the show."

"Okay. I'll tell her." I nodded.

We finished the hunt in a few hours because the guy didn't want to surrender so it was a little harder. I had Beth drive me to my house so I could get ready for Tim's party then I got in my car and drove to Aubree's place. I walked up to her place and knocked on the door. A second later Aubree stood with the door open.

"That was faster than I thought it would take." She smiled. I leaned down and kissed her quickly then we both walked in.

"Guess what." I said as I sat down on her couches with my arms around her.

"What?"

"You know Tim?"

"The one everyone calls "Young blood?"

"Yeah." I chuckled.

"What about him?"

"He's having a party tonight and wants to meet you."

"Leland, I can't go." She looked up at me.

"Don't girls have cover up or something?" I asked. She gave me a look.

"Yeah but I don't know." She sighed. "I guess I just don't feel pretty right now."

"No matter how you look you will always be the prettiest girl I've ever met." She laughed and kissed my cheek.

"Well, thank you."

"So will you go, please?"

"Maybe. I'll get ready and if I still feel like shit then I won't."

"Okay." I nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, 81 readers! I love all of you, thank you for all the support. <3
Comment and make my day please? (: