Status: Active!

I'm Not Anywhere Close to Perfect

03.

Aubree's POV.

I woke up the next morning in a hurry because Leland texted me telling me he'd be here at nine. It's now eight, I ran into the shower and showered quickly. I scrunched my hair when I got out and left it wavy. After I did light make up and but on just jeans and a black v-neck.

By the time I was finished I heard a knock at my door. I grabbed my purse and jogged over to the door. I opened it and Leland stood before me with a smile.

"Hi." I breathed.

"You okay?" He laughed.

"I woke up late." I smiled.

"Oh." He nodded. "Well, let's get going." He said. I nodded and closed my front door behind me. I locked it before leaving, I have weird neighbors. They creep me out, a lot. We both walked to Leland's car in silence. We rode half to the office before my stomach started growling. I forgot to eat, nice.

"Hungry?" Leland asked laughing.

"Not really." I lied. I was starving.

"You sure? There's a McDonald's right over there." He said pointing across the street we were on. I nodded with a smile. "Well, I actually starving so I'm going to stop there." He said. I nodded.

We went to the drive through and Leland ordered his food. I held the bag for him since he was driving and the smell of fresh made McDonald fries hit my nose. My stomach started growling louder this time.

"You sure you're not hungry?" Leland teased. I rolled my eyes and laugh. "Don't worry. I order two cheeseburgers just in case you wanted one."

"Leland, you should have told me. I would've bad." I said.

"It's not problem, Aubree." He smiled at me. I sighed and gave him a look.

"I'm paying you back." I said looking ahead. He shook his head and we drove the rest of the way to the office in silence. When we got there everybody was sitting around the dry erase board and Dog was writing something on it.

"Oh, nice of you two to join us." Beth said to Leland and I.

"Oh no wonder Leland's late, he's with Aubree." Duane Lee said winking at Leland. I gave Leland a weird look and he didn't make eye contact with me.

"Hurry and sit down you two." Dog said laughing from what Duane Lee said. I took a seat next to Beth and Duane Lee and Leland sat on the single chair by himself, but the chair was closest to Duane Lee. Lyssa was in the other separate chair straight across from Leland.

Dog went over this girl's physical and record. She wasn't that bad, well in my opinion. She just had a few DUIs and one assault charge. But, I'm new so I don't really know what to expect. Beth, Lyssa, and I were going to be riding in one car and the guys in the other one. I got into the back passenger seat that I got into last bounty, Lyssa got into the passenger seat and Beth was driving.

"Why were you and Leland late?" Beth asked looking in the rear view mirror to look at me.

"He came and picked me up this morning and we got something to eat." I shrugged. I saw a grin spread out on her face.

"It wasn't a date, I'm stopping you there. We went to McDonald's to pick up food. Nothing special." I said holding my hands up.

"You wish it would be something special." Lyssa laughed.

"Everyday we have to tease me about Leland? Seriously, everyday?" I said.

"Fine, we'll stop." Beth said with a chuckle. I laughed and rolled my eyes. The vibe Leland gives me is an only friend vibe and as of right now, I'm perfectly fine with that. Beth and Lyssa are just imagining things cause I sure as hell don't see it.

Leland's POV.

"So, did you drive back to Aubree's house after I dropped you off last night and you guys did the do that's why you two were late?" Duane Lee asked.

"No!" I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, so you went over there early and got some action. Nice, Bro." Duane Lee said holding his hand out for a high five.

"I'm about to punch you, Duane Lee." I said.

"Relax, Leland. He's just teasing." My dad said laughing. They would be laughing about this. I wish everyone would stop putting pressure on me to find a girlfriend. I'm fine with who I am. I don't need a woman.

"You should have heard him last night, Dad." Duane Lee said. "She's so cool! I love her, Duane Lee!" He said imitate me. Which, I know I didn't sound like that.

"I didn't sound like that."

"Close enough to it."

"Boys stop." My dad said still laughing.

"This is the house." My dad said into his radio.

"10-4" Beth said back to him.

"I want Lyssa to stay by the cars, Duane Lee come to the front with Beth and I, and Aubree and Leland go to the back." Dad said over his radio.

When we pulled up to the house I saw Aubree run to the back and I followed her. She stood on the left side of the back yard and I stood on the right. We were waiting there forever and I could hear the rest of the team up front trying to get them to open the doors.

I saw Aubree run to the side of the house that she was on so I followed her. Aubree took down the girl that was our fugitive. She tried to escape the house by jumping out one of the side windows.

"Leland!" Aubree yelled. I got over faster to her. Aubree didn't have cuffs yet so she was basically just sitting on her. I got down and cuffed the girl and I informed my dad that we caught her and all of them came out of the house.

Aubree got off of her and we both pulled her up. I took her to the car because she was resisting a little bit and I didn't want Aubree to get hurt. When we finally got her into the car and buckled her in Beth got in and started talking to her.

"Who took her down?" Duane Lee asked. I pointed over to Aubree. "Alright Aubree! You're very first take down." He said giving her a knuckle sand which. She laughed and pushed him away.

"Aubree took her down?" My dad asked stepping into the conversation. Aubree nodded with a smile. "I guess we need to get you a badge then, huh?" She shrugged and laughed.

"We're proud of you." My dad said giving her a hug, I guess she's officially a part of this team now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe and comment!
-lynnseyymariee;x
(Same story as I'm Horrible at First Impressions.) I don't know what happened to my account but it freaked out on me. I think I got hacked, not sure. *Still the same author and I'm going to try to update more than I did.*