Status: Active!

I'm Not Anywhere Close to Perfect

06.

2 Weeks Later.

I've been working at Da Kine for 2 weeks now. It's been actually fun, unlike my other jobs that sucked. Lyssa and I practically do everything together outside of work and Duane Lee and I have became pretty close during this time too. Beth and Dog are also becoming close to me as well. It's weird because I normally don't get close with anyone anymore. Everyone now actually thinks Leland and I are seeing each other because of how much we "flirt" with each other. I've learned just to ignore it.

"Gang! Come in here!" Dog yelled. Everyone piled into the meeting room. "I've got a good one today." He told everyone. He told us her physicals and her records. She basically just had a lot of assault charges and thefts, so she'll probably a little bit crazy.

"Ready for some scrappin'?" Beth laughed standing up once Dog was finished.

"Hopefully we won't have to." Lyssa said. I smiled and shook my head at them. We all stood up from the couches we were sitting on and started getting ready to go to the first address.

"Aubree!" I heard Leland yell once I got outside. I turned around and looked at him.

"Yes?" I asked as he walked up to me.

"Ride in my car today?" He smiled.

"Of course." I smiled back. Leland's been excited because Beth said he could finally take his Hummer on the bounties now. "Who's coming with us?"

"Duane Lee probably." He shrugged.

"I call shot gun." I sang getting in the front seat. Leland laughed and got in the driver seat.

"Duane Lee where you?" Leland asked through his radio.

"I'm not riding with you." Duane Lee responded.

"Why not?" Leland asked.

"I'm with Dad and Tim."

"Alright?"

"Have fun boning Aubree."

I gasped and looked at Leland who started cracking up. I rolled my eyes and groaned. It didn't annoy me usual when the sex jokes with Leland and I started rolling out, it's just when Leland starts laughing about them. I don't know why, it just does.

"Fuck you, Duane Lee." I said into my radio.

"Woah there girl. Stick to one Chapman at a time!" He said, I heard laughs in the backround from Tim and Dog. Dog took over the radio before I killed Duane Lee and gave us the directions to the pad, then we were on our way.

"Duane Lee would've been boring anyway." Leland said making me laugh.

"Defiantly." I nodded.

"Hey are you busy tonight?"

"No, why?"

"Well, I remembered you saying something about boxing and I have an extra ticket to a show tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me."

"Sounds cool." I smiled looking at him.

"Great." He smiled back.

"This is it." Beth said. I sighed and got ready to get out of the car. We parked the cars to make sure they wouldn't be seen then went to our regular spots; Leland and I in the back, Lyssa and Duane Lee on the sides, and Beth and Dog in the front. I heard banging on the door once I got to my spot and eventually I started hearing yelling. Oh, here we go!

"Leland, Aubree come up." Duane Lee said. We both rushed to the front and Beth was in some girl's face yelling at her, so Leland went up there immediately and got in the middle of it so nothing would happen. Lyssa was back at the cars just in case, Emma, our fugitive came by and Duane Lee and Dog were searching in the house.

"She ain't here, dumb asses." The girl kept yelling.

"If Emma isn't here then chill out and let us do our job." I yelled at her defending Beth and because I was extremely annoyed.

"Bitch shut up." She rolled her eyes.

"Excuse me?" I said stepping closer.

"Quit acting all tough. I'd stomp your ass." She said rolling her eyes again. I felt my blood start to boil.

"Don't fucking test me and don't be too sure of yourself. Alright?" I yelled louder.

"Whatever. You're a tiny white girl. Shut up."

"If you're so sure of yourself, step up then." I said getting in her face.

"Aubree." I heard Leland say. I ignored him and stood where I was. The girl let out a big breath before pushing me back. I fell back a little before lunging towards her to push her back. I felt an go around my waist and pull me back. It was obviously Leland. I was practically lifted up for him to actually move me away.

"Stupid bitch." I yelled getting carried away. I looked down at the arm that was carrying me away and I was right that it was Leland because the tattoos were his. "Leland put me down." I said. Leland didn't until we got to the cars.

"Chill out alright?" Leland said.

"Chill out? Fucking bitch just thinks cause I'm small that I can't hang. No, I'll fuck a bitch up." I yelled.

"Aubree. Stop." He said putting his hand over my mouth. I pushed his arm off of me.

"Don't fucking touch me like that." I said before going into Beth and Lyssa's car. I heard more yelling so I looked out the window and saw Beth and Duane Lee holding Emma. Beth walked over to their car, the one I was in, and opened the back door.

"Honey, you're going to have to ride with Leland again." Beth said. I groaned and got out. I walked over to Leland's Hummer and sat in the front passenger side and waited until I heard the driver seat open. I didn't even look at him and he didn't say a word to me. We drove to the jail in silence to book our fugitive. I got out of the car and walked over to Duane Lee who was talking with Lyssa.

"Damn, Aubree. Don't mess with the shorties." Duane Lee said laughing. I couldn't help but laugh even though I didn't want too.

"I saw how you flipped on Leland." Lyssa said raising an eye brow at me.

"He put his hand over my mouth. Ugh, I can't stand when guys think they can control woman like we can't even compete with them." I rolled my eyes.

"You know Leland doesn't think that and he was just trying to avoid anymore conflict." Lyssa said giving me a "duh" look. "Therefore, he was just looking out for you and showing that he cares about you."

"Girls look into things way to much." Duane Lee shook his head.

"It's true." Lyssa said annoyed at Duane Lee. "Just don't start getting mad over nothing. I'm just saying."

"Alright." I said taking a deep breath. Leland came out of the jail with Dog and Beth so all of us went back to the office since it was still only 3 in the afternoon. I was taking my gear off when Leland came up to me.

"Hey." He said softly.

"Hi." I said taking my belt off and setting it down before looking at him.

"Are we cool?"

"Yeah." I smiled. "Just overreacted."

"Alright." He smiled back at me. "We still on for tonight?" He asked. I nodded. "Cool, I'll pick you up at nine?"

"Sounds good."

"Alright." He said. I was about to leave before he said, "Aubree. Wait."

"Yeah?" I said turning around.

"Uh-um. You looked nice today." He said.

"Thanks." I laughed a little. I turned around and walked into the front room and right when I walked in I was greeted by "OOOOs" from Beth and Lyssa. I was about to walk the other way before Beth stopped me.

" 'Are we still on for tonight?' You two are going on a date and you didn't tell me!" Beth said shocked.

" 'Uh-um. You looked nice today.' " Lyssa imitated Leland. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"You guys are nuts." I said.

"You better tell us everything, you got that?" Beth said.

"Alright." I said laughing. It wasn't date at least Leland hasn't said it wasn't. So, it wasn't right?
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the new chapter. I love it. :D Maybe I'll call it a date, maybe not! I want at least 6 comments before I update again!
-lynnseyymariee;x