Terribly Fixated on You

08

"Reese," I heard someone whisper into my ear. I pulled the pillow over my head and didn't bother opening my eyes. "Reese, wake up." This time the voice was louder and I knew who it belonged to immediately. I wondered what time it was but before I could ask, Tyler was pulling the blankets off of me and yelling at me to 'wake the fuck up'.

"I could have been naked under there!" I said loudly, letting him know that I was angry with him for disrupting my sleep. Even though he probably didn't care, since I told him I would go 'catch up' with him this morning.

"Well you weren't," I squinted my eyes as he opened the blinds to my bedroom window. You would think that he would be the one sleeping in and all but apparently not. Though, I was the drunk one last night who is now suffering with a hangover. I needed food, but first a shower.

"I need to shower," I said getting up and ignoring the fact that I was wearing booty shorts with only tank top to cover the top half of my body. I started to go through my dresser looking for something to wear. I decided that I was way too lazy to dress nicely so I grabbed my favourite pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt to wear along with a fresh new pair of underwear and a bra.

"Nice ass." Tyler said smirking at me when I turned around to talk to him. It hadn't occurred to me that the booty shorts I was wearing that said "Hey There!" on them would be his main focus. Whatever, it was just Tyler anyways.

"Shut up," I said smiling at him and walking over to the door to my bathroom. I loved that about my house. I was given the only room that had a bathroom along with it because my parents loved to spoil me when I was younger. "Anyways, I'll probably be around 15 minutes. Just sit around, snoop, I don't care."

"Alright," He said laughing. I walked completely into the bathroom and shut the door behind me. I wasn't exactly sure what was going on today but it made me happy that Tyler and I were finally going to hangout just us two. I thought about it the whole time I was showering and getting dressed after wards.

I started to think about the times our parents bathed us together. We were that close that they didn't care that we weren't blood related. It's funny actually, because we never once asked questions or were curious about why our bodies were different. We just sat there with Tyler's action figures and my rubber ducks and played stupid childish games in the tub while our parents washed us. Those ended when we were about 6 years old though.

I wondered if Tyler was thinking about those times while I was showering as well. I mean, I guess he's all grown up now and the last thing that would be on his mind while a girl is showering was bath time together when they were younger, but still it made me wonder. I seemed to always be wondering about Tyler and if he remembered everything I did; if he remembered our world growing up. I won't deny it, Tyler was my world and he still is.

This time when I walked out of the bathroom, I was fully clothed. I noticed Tyler sitting at the computer desk with his head down and his eyes closed. Maybe he didn't think about anything at all when a girl was showering, maybe he just slept. I walked over to him and tapped him on the shoulder but he didn't budge. I turned to walk away and the water that was dripping from my hair drizzled on him and he his eyes flickered open.

"That was cold!" I just smiled at him and sat down on my bed with my legs crossed as I tied my hair up into a pony tail. It would look messy when it dried but I didn't care. Messy was the new 'hot' anyways.

"So where are we going?" I asked grinning widely at him. He ran his hands through his hair and walked over to my bed and sat down. He just sat there with this face of wonder on and then eventually lyed down with his hands behind his head. Just make yourself a home on my bed there bud.

"I think that instead of going out like we planned, we should stay in and catch up." He said closing his eyes a little. I knew he had to be tired. It was early; well early for a teenager anyways. I shrugged and layed down beside him. I ignored the fact that he didn't tell me this before I spent an hour deciding on what to wear even though it was just sweats anyways.

"So Tyler," I said turning my head sideways to look at him. He did the same thing and we both smiled at each other. I was going to say something but then I changed my mind and said something else. "How have you been? I mean really been... all these years?" Way to go, Reese. You just sounded like an idiot. Though I guess it wouldn't matter to him anyways.

"A lot has happened, but overall I've been good. And what about you?" I smiled at him and then turned my head to face the ceiling. I sat there looking up and thinking about what to say. How had I been all these years? Pretty crappy.

"I've been great, Ty." I didn't look at him because I knew that he would know I was lying if I did. That was the miracle of knowing someone your whole life. They knew every detail about you, even if they hadn't seen you in years.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry guys. I know that I haven't updated in weeks but I've been so busy. I've hardly been home at all. I will try my best to make more time to write. Hope you enjoy. (:

Comment/subscribe.