Status: Check out the remake 'Young & Reckless'

Pregnant at 16. I Don't Think This Was in The Bible

Is God On My Side?

“Dad, what if I told you I was pregnant?” I asked him eating my peas on the plate placed in front of me.

My moms fork dropped to the ground. My dads mouth dropped.

“What are you trying to say honey? Your only 16,” My father asked.

“What I’m trying to say is, Mom, Dad I think I’m pregnant.”

“This is unacceptable! Who is the boy who did this to my daughter? Did you at lease say no? Honey, don’t tell me any lies. God knows all,” My dad stood up looking down at me. Ready to get the Bible behind him on the kitchen counter.

“It was…. Liam Henderson. The boy across the street. Daddy, I said yes. It was at a party, I didn’t-” My father interrupted me with a hard slap.

“Don’t you dare blame this on that nice young boy! Now tell me who go you pregnant!” My dad was in rage. His veins popping out of his neck.

“David, God is watching. Chose your words carefully.” My mother spoke for the first time stroking my leg.

“Daddy I’m telling you the truth! It was Liam. He said he loved me. He was drunk. H-he lied daddy,” I spoke, tears streaming down my face as my dads became red.

Just like I predicted, he took the Bible off the counter and gave it to me.

“It is not acceptable in this house for a 16 year old young lady to be pregnant without getting properly married. I hope God is on your side, because I’m not,” In rage he turned from the dinner table.

My mother stopped him in his tracks, “David what are you trying to say?” Yelling, she too was on her feet, trying to defend me. She knew what it was like.

“What I’m trying to say Sarah, is Summerlynn is no longer part of our family. I am going to disown her. This is not acceptable. Pack your bags Summer. Your no longer apart of this family,” He walked out the room and upstairs to his prayer room.

“Don’t you think you’ve gone to far David?” My mother yelled after him, tears all over her face also.

I knew he wasn’t joking. I had to get out the house as fast as I could. If I didn’t, this would go wrong…


I woke up screaming and my friend Autumn shaking me awake.

“Don’t worry Summer it was just another bad dream,” Autumn rocked me back and forth.

Autumn is my room mate. After my dad got ape shit on me, my mom helped me pack my bags and brought me here. To a felicity with pregnant teenagers. Well I wouldn’t say teenagers, more like a unorganized, rowdy, home when young women get pregnant and don’t have anywhere to go, no money.

“You okay sweetie?” Autumn asked me and let go of me when I shook my head yes.

Autumn was a sweet caring person. She’s going to become a great mother. She’s only 8 months pregnant where I’m only 2 months.

When she got pregnant 8 months ago by her ex-boyfriend money was tight for her. Not only did she live in a beat down apartment, but she just got laid off from her two jobs. Only working for 3 days a week for one and 1 day a week for the other. Once her boyfriend found out that she got pregnant, he left her. With no money and no goodbye.

She was left alone with a empty apartment, no money, soon to be expired license, and a baby just as beautiful as herself coming into her messed up world.

Where I just had a bad night and a boy who said he loved me, had sex with me, and lied. Did I mention we were drunk? Then when he found out by my dad he left the state. Rumor is he went to start a new life in Boston. Forgetting he’s going to have daughter in a couple months. Leaving his baby’s mother in Wyoming to settle by herself at 16 years old.

Then my father, the pastor at a unsuccessful Christian church, disowned me. He gave me a Bible, two suitcases, and told me to leave his house. I guess I was to unholy for him to pray over. He didn’t give me anything else. He already took my pride long ago, and Liam took my innocence.

My story compared to Autumn’s: Hers is the worst case scenario. The fact that both guys said they loved us and ran off, is bad enough. If you love someone, you stick to them forever. No matter what happeneds.

Autumn smiled at me and got up from her bed. Cheery and happy as ever.

“Now honey bee, its time for you to go to school.”

I groaned. I honestly did not want to go to school. Mondays are the worse. The kids taunt me. Throw things at me and call me a whore. Rumor is they think I pressured Liam into thinking he was in love with me. Then he brought me to Gary’s parents room where we had wild unprotected sex. To bad I don’t believe in rumors.

Autumn looked in our closet and picked out an outfit for me to wear, That didn’t show any pudgy. Autumn handed me the clothes and pushed me in the bathroom.

“Now, if you don’t get ready I’m going to march in that bathroom, undress you and put those clothes on you myself.”

I giggled and put on the clothes.

Once the clothes were on I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I looked horrible. Eyes puffed from crying every night till I fell asleep, skin pale as paper, and body shaking rapidly.

I took a deep breath and walked out the bathroom. I looked left and right for Autumn, but she wasn’t there. She must have gone to breakfast already. I grabbed my bag and lunch.

I took a deep shaky breath. Because I knew, today is not going to be a good day.