Status: Check out the remake 'Young & Reckless'

Pregnant at 16. I Don't Think This Was in The Bible

Fighting and Butterflies

Its been nearly a month or so since Granger and I’ve been expelled from school, and were friends again. I don’t know how, but the expulsion, me becoming pregnant, and Granger admitting she needed help, we were closer than ever. We hung out everyday, we laughed, we had fun, we were best friends again.

Then everyday when we hung out there was Hayden right there with us. He started taking classes online. He said he wanted to make sure I was okay every second of the day. It was sweet and I truly appreciated it. Even if Granger told me he wants to fuck me.

Right now we were in the mall sitting down, eating ice cream.

“This tastes like plastic,” Hayden muttered and pushed the ice cream in the near by trash can.

“I think its delicious,” Granger continued to eat hers with a big scoop which made her eyes clinch from brain freeze.

I laughed and said, “It would go better with pickles.” Ever since that week Granger and I started hanging out again I started having the oddest cravings. Mostly pickles and chips. It was the best combination, especially with a strawberry milkshake. Okay, now I’m even grossing myself out.

“Summerlynn Joy, you are one weird pregnant teenager,” Granger smiled at me. I smiled back at her which made Hayden smile at us.

I don’t know why but when ever Hayden smiled it was like the whole room lit up. Like I had butterflies in my stomach. It was either butterflies or my baby kicking.

What am I talking about? I’m sixteen, teenagers don’t fall in love. Did I just say love? Oh I need help. I sighed and looked around the mall. I didn’t know what store we should go in next. I was looking for a store when I saw a sight of familiar wavy, dirty blond hair. I smiled to myself.

Why was Autumn at the mall? I wondered. I was about to tell Granger and Hayden, then she turned around. My jaw nearly fell down to the ground. There was Autumn with her ex-boyfriend, Kevin.

They were laughing, holding hands, touching, and kissing. I couldn’t take anymore of it.

“We have to go,” I told my friends. They look confused but hurried along. I didn’t know why Autumn would ever even consider talking to him. But I knew one thing was sure. When we got home, we were going to have a very serious talk.

*~*~*~*~*

I heard the door close and a couple of items fall onto the floor. Good, Autumn was home. I quickly put my hair in a messy bun and walked out the bathroom, dragging my furry bunny slippers across the floor as I walked.

“Hey Summer,” Autumn said with no emotion and sat on her bed.

“Hey Autumn, do you think we can talk for a bit?” I asked her. She nodded her head in response while taking off her shoes. “Well, today I saw you at the mall with Kevin. What’s going on with that?” I asked again.

Her whole body was on the bed now and she looked at me, flabbergasted. I looked back at her as if I weren’t even looking at her. Like I was looking at a wall.

“Look, Summer about that. I was just telling him about the baby and well we might get back together. Just a thought,” She shrugged her shoulders like it was no big deal. Now I was looking at her. My mouth hung open, just like in that mall.

“Yeah okay, no big deal. He dumps you because you have a baby. He gets back with you because you lose the baby. Doesn’t that sound a bit suspicious to you?” I asked. I was so not believing this. Something was going on and I had to find out.

“You don’t understand and you most likely never will,” She stood up and walked to the closet to get pajamas. I followed her and watched.

“Well lets see if I do understand. What happened Autumn? What really happened at the mall today?”

“He called me and asked how I was doing. I told him I was fine but I lost the baby. He felt bad so he took me out for a day to go shopping. We had fun. He said he was sorry for walking out when he did and he wanted to give us another shot. Nothing you should be worried about.” She muttered and walked in the bathroom with her pajamas in hand. She left the door ajar so we could still talk.

I walked back over to my bed and sat down. “Yeah Autumn, no big fucking deal. You don’t think it’s the slightest bit weird that he loves you when you don’t have a kid. He hates you when you do. Then he wants to get back together with you when you don’t. I don’t know Autumn, but I think that he only wants you when you don’t have a baby to worry about.”

“Goodness Summerlynn, where are you learning this language? What happened to the good girl who loved Jesus I met two months ago?” We were now both yelling.

“We're not talking about that right now Autumn. Right now were talking about how your whoring around with guys you said you wanted to kill next time you see them!”

“Oh, I’m whoring around? Look at you, you’re a fucking pregnant teenager and your banging some guy you’ve barley known for a month.”

“Excuse me miss I’ll go fuck some guy I hate. I’m not banging Hayden. Its more likely that you are!” I didn’t mean to say it. It came out like word vomit. Once I was angry, I couldn’t stop.

“Okay Summer. You want to talk about whores? You’re a sixteen year old pregnant Christian. You barely have any friends. The friend that you have is a total slut. The guy who got you pregnant is an ass whole. Not to mention that he set up a plan with your ‘best friend’ to get you pregnant. Oh and lets not forget that twenty year old guy your falling in love with. What more can I say Summerlynn? You’re a fucking slut.” She yelled in my face and stormed to her bed.

Tears formed in my eyes. I didn’t turn around to look at Autumn. “Your right Autumn, I am a slut. But your no better. Have a nice life,” Muttered. I grabbed my things and started to leave the room. She turned around and looked at me.

“Hope you rot in hell, bitch!” I heard her yell at me. I slammed the door. I began crying, and sobbing, and anything in between. I slid down the white wood door and continued to cry my pain into my hands.

*~*~*~*~*

“What a bitch!” Granger complained to me. We were at her house in her living room. She was pacing in the middle of the television and Hayden and me. “How dare she call me a slut. More likely you. I’ll tear that bitch up and wish she’d never took a breath in this world. Stupid ass mother-”

Hayden stood and held Granger on the shoulders. “Whoa there. No need to get mad. They were both mad and said some things. I’m sure that when Summer gets home tonight Autumn is going to be in their room begging for forgiveness.”

“That bitch better do exactly that.” Granger muttered along with some other curse words and she pushed Hayden off her and sat next to me.

Hayden sat on the other side of me. “Whatever, so you guys ready for the movie tonight?” He asked.

Granger let out a big sigh. “Sorry Hay, but I have to help my grandma move today.” She said in a sarcastic tone using Hayden’s nickname, Hay.

I knew she was lying. I’ve known Granger for like ever. When ever she lies she rolls her eyes and sighs. I looked at her from the corner of my eye. She looked back at me and smiled.

Hayden sighed, “Okay, guess its just me and Summer tonight. I’m going to the bathroom, when I get out were leaving.” Hayden told me and rushed to the bathroom, a few feet away.

I turned to Granger and squinted at her, “What are you doing? You hate your grandma. I know you’d rather die then hang out with your grandmother.”

“Oh Summerlynn, so native. I want you to spend time with Hayden. Maybe, I don’t know maybe kiss him. I know you like him, so I told a little white lie so you two could have some alone time.” Granger winked at me.

“Granger,” I stomped my foot and whined. “Please don’t do that again, unless I ask you. Now I have to spend like three hours alone with Hayden. I didn’t dress nice. I’m going to be all nervous. What am I supposed to do Granger?” I yelled at her.

“Aw that’s cute, your nervous!” She cooed and clapped. “So you do like him?” She asked elbowing me.

“What no. Where’d you get that idea from?” I asked. The butterflies were back again. I didn’t know what caused them. I had an odd feeling it was Hayden.

“Get what idea from?” Hayden asked, wiping his wet hands on a paper towel.

“Oh, I was thinking of burying my grandma in a pit and stealing her good china.” Granger grumbled. She wasn’t good at lying and when she was, it was planned out.

Hayden chuckled and shook his head, “Yeah, whatever. Ready to go Summer?” He asked. I shook my head and he helped me up. Once we were out side his hand was still attached to mine. I blushed, there was something about this boy I couldn’t quite put my finger on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys for subscribing! You guys are the best. Leave comments, don't be a silent reader (: