Status: Check out the remake 'Young & Reckless'

Pregnant at 16. I Don't Think This Was in The Bible

The Plan

“I’m fat,” I pouted and complained. Lately I was getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger. I felt like I ate a brick and it kept expanding in my stomach everyday. Like a sponge. I caressed my belly and looked under my shirt at my belly button. I poked it. Only 5 months and I feel like two hundred pounds.

“Your pregnant.” Hayden muttered with food in his mouth.

I guess, but he didn’t have teenage and pregnancy hormones running through his body. It was driving me crazy. I wanted food, but at the same time I wanted to stay in my comfy bed. I wanted to kill someone, but at the same time I wanted to laugh and have fun. Worse of all I wanted Hayden, but I also knew it was wrong. I was already a whore with a baby.

I sighed and flopped down onto the couch next to Hayden. Its been about two weeks since my visit to the doctor. Two weeks since I knew the sex of my child. I don’t know about anyone else but, the fact that I have something living and moving inside of me is just… Amazing. The fact that I might give birth to the next woman who might run for president, or be the next Monroe. I smiled and rubbed my belly.

I kept rubbing the smooth medium sized lump. Maybe a bit larger than it was supposed to be. I don’t know, all I know is that right now, my life is grand. My parents are considering me moving back with them. Granger and I are as wonderful as ever. My pregnancy is going fantastic.

Then there’s Hayden and I. I sighed and smiled. Hayden and I. I’ve never felt like this in my entire life. Well I don’t know if I felt like this with Liam. I was drunk. But I’m pretty certain I didn’t. I could feel the butterflies forming in my stomach whenever we kissed. Feel the tingle whenever we touched. Damn, I feel like I’m writing a sonnet….

Lastly, Autumn. Well we certainly have not been on good terms. Nor have we been as well as we have been before. When I first came here Autumn and I barley talked. Now it felt like that. But only we weren’t going to be friends. I tried to tell her I’m sorry many times before but she just calls me a bitch and mutters some smart remark under her breath.

I yelped, “What?” Hayden asked in monotone. Lately he’s been acting very tireless. When ever I tell him something exciting to me and responds with either an eye roll or something I wasn’t expecting. He did not seem happy about this baby. Even though she wasn’t his, he promised me he would take care of her as if he was. I just hope he keeps that promise.

I rolled my eyes and tried to keep as much excitement as I could, “She kicked for the first time!” I cheered and smiled. I sat up straighter and put his hand next to mine on my belly.

“It feels like an actual baby is kicking me through like a blanket or something.” Hayden smiled. Finally something I could remember for the rest of my life. It was totally a Kodak moment. “What does it feel like for you?” He asked me with a smiled.

I thought a moment and tried to find the right metaphor that would work. “It kind of feels like as if you ate a lot of food and you feel like five thousand pounds. Then imagine as if that food was trying to hop right out your stomach in many different areas.” I told him with a smile.

“God, that’s amazing.” He awed and smiled at me. I smiled back and gave him a peck on the lips. He sighed and carefully laid his head on my stomach after he gave it a light kiss.

I took the remote behind Hayden’s butt and flipped through the channels. I was waiting for Granger to come. I have very small patience so I had to keep myself entertained.

Soon enough Granger came through the door. I smiled and dropped the remote on Hayden’s lap. “Thank God,” He muttered. I smiled at both and held out my hand to Granger. Granger took my hand in hers and held it. That was our thing if we didn’t want to hug each other.

Granger plopped down beside me. “Okay, I got the stuff.” She looked at me with a look on her face. You know how friends always have some weird insiders? Yeah well that’s one of ours.

I laughed, “What kind of stuff do you have this time?” I asked.

“Books, dummy.” She smiled and placed her tote bag in her lap. “Books and magazines for you.” She handed me them. “Vogue and US weekly for me.” She placed two magazines on her lap and threw her tote bag on the floor.

I read the titles of the books and magazines. First I opened Tricks and Tips On Childbirth. I opened to a random page and a picture of a woman giving birth filled the page.

“Ew! The fuck…” I muttered and threw the book on the floor. Hayden and Granger looked at me. “There was a lady giving birth.” Hayden shrugged and Granger made a face that had the same thing I was thinking. Ew…

I put the other book aside and opened a magazine that I’m pretty sure was about the same thing.

‘The first thing you should do when you find out your pregnant is….’ Blah blah blah. I hate magazines. They never showed me much interest. I only like looking at the pictures. They always had so much words that never interested me. I sighed and leaned on Hayden and laid my feet on Granger. She pushed them off and continued to read her magazine.

I turned the page till I found a picture that interested me. I found a page that had a picture with people in a room with mats and exercise balls. It looked like a yoga or a platys class. I read the caption, ‘While your pregnant you should join a birthing or parenting class.’

I showed Hayden, “Your not dragging me to a birthing class…” He told me.

Granger laughed and said, “I would join you Summer, but I don’t want the teacher thinking were lesbians like on Baby Mama.” I laughed with her.

I’m going to a birthing class with Hayden or not.

*~*~*~*~*

Bang, bang, bonk!

“Hayden!” I yelled.

“What?” He yelled back at me.

“Stop hitting your head against the ball.” I told him, rubbing my stomach. Hayden was muttering something. I glared at him and kicked the ball away from him. The ball quickly rolled to the other side of the room and bounced on the wall. As soon as the ball went away, Hayden fell to the floor.

Everyone else in the room was laughing. Hayden folded his arms and pouted like a child. “I told you to stop it with the ball.”

“Your going to be a horrible mother. If Harmony ever hit her head against a ball like that and you kicked it away she would hit her head on the floor. Then she would die.” Hayden said. I laughed, I knew he was joking. For some reason it touched my heart when he called her Harmony. Even though he’s been calling her Joanne all month.

“Okay class, lets start!” The very excited teacher said in the front of the room. By excited I mean I think its cold in here.

Hayden chuckled as I giggled. I lightly patted him on the leg with the back of my hand. He stopped a couple of seconds but started up again.

The teacher glared at us, “Okay, so today were going to learn about some tips on child birth.” She clapped and smiled.

She showed us some breathing exercises. Then she answered some questions. During the questions I learned her name was Mrs. Morris. “Make a sound like Santa Clause. Hee hee, hoo hoo.” Which made Hayden and I giggle again.

Now it was our turn to try. I laid on the mat while Hayden held onto my hand and his other hand was placed on my stomach. “Come on girl! Push, be like Santa Clause.” It drove me out of focus and made me choke on the breath of air I was taking. I swear if he does that during actual labor I might pee myself from laughter.

“Hee hee, hoo hoo.” I breathed.

Someone was walking around the room. I looked up and saw a small girl who looked about 7 months pregnant and in her mid 20’s. She smiled down at us and sat down. “Are you guys in like high school?” She asked.

We nodded. “You guys are so cute together.” She squealed and smiled brighter. She reminded me of Granger. “So are you the dad?” She asked pointing to Hayden. He shook his head from side to side. “What a shame, that would be the cutest baby ever.” I liked her. She didn’t tell me I was to young and I need to focus on school instead of sexing around.

I continued with my breathing exercises. “Just to let you guys no, that breathing shit does not do anything.” The lady told us. Hayden and I looked at her. “I’ve had a child when I was 16 too. I tried those breathing exercises and it didn’t help at all. Actually it made me want to throw something because it was making me angry that it wouldn’t work.”

I’ll remember that. Breathing exercises don’t do anything. “What really works is yelling at the doctors. When I gave birth to my boy six years ago I’m pretty sure I kicked the doctor because he was taking his sweet little time to perform the child birth.” Hayden and I laughed. Another thing to remember. Yell at Hayden and the doctors. Apparently it works wonders.

Once we were done with the breathing techniques and such we learned about what happens during labor and some other stuff I wasn’t really paying attention to. There was one certain area I was particularly listening to. Birth plan.

I could write down who the father is. Who I was with during the whole pregnancy. What will happen if something happens to me or the baby. What will happen is I’m an only mother. Who will the god parents be.

Who knows what could happen. If everyone leaves me and I have nothing to live on. If something happens during labor. I cant take care of myself, I’m only 16. My parents are getting old and they cant take care of a child. Granger is only 16, hates children, and wont have anyone help her at all. Hayden is immature and barely keeps his own apartment in tact. Anything could happen.

But I knew that everything was going to be okay. I was going to have my baby and live happily ever after with who ever comes along or who knows, maybe with Hayden. I knew that my parents were going to let me live back in their house and help me take care of Harmony. I knew that Granger and I were always going to be okay.

Even though I knew all of that. I still wanted to make a birthing plan. For me and only me.
♠ ♠ ♠
How do you like the new layout?(: Do you like this one better or should I change it back to the old one? Sorry this chapter is so boring. Next one will be better. Promise(: