Status: Check out the remake 'Young & Reckless'

Pregnant at 16. I Don't Think This Was in The Bible

The End is a New Beginning

“You look like an absolute dream,” Granger smiled at me in the mirror. I smiled back and straightened my shirt over my belly bump. “I don’t know how Hayden could not love you.” She said before putting an owl necklace on me. “Other than the fact that he’s an asshole.” She mumbled.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at her. I was going to dinner with Hayden today. He wanted to spend a day together without any interruptions. Next week is my due date. Starting tomorrow we were going to keep an eye on everything. Although I was completely terrified, I couldn’t wait to see my Harmony Sunshine.

I heard the bell ring and then followed Granger down stairs to greet Hayden. I opened the door and immediately Hayden gave engulfed me in a hug. Granger smiled.

“Look, don’t have sex just yet.” Granger said and shook her head when Hayden and I started kissing. I smiled and stepped out the door and linked my fingers in between Hayden’s.

“We’ll be back around eleven. We can watch some movies or something.” I told Granger before Hayden pulled me along to his car.

“Sure thing Jellybean.” She yelled after me with a smile then closed the door.

Granger was at my house most of the time. Since her parents were rarely at hers with their divorce and all. Everyone just thinks it was best for her to stay here till things got sorted out. My parents loved having her around anyway. Even though my dad still thinks that she might still have the old mean Granger side to her still.

We rode in perfect silence the short ride to the restaurant. Once there we got out the car and in the restaurant. We got to a table fairly quickly since Hayden made reservations. He pulled out my chair and I sat down. I ordered water and Hayden ordered lemonade, then the waitress left to let us decide on our food.

It wasn’t that much of a fancy restaurant, but it wasn’t to shabby either. Once the waitress left Hayden pulled his chair closer to me and held my hand. I smiled and blushed and opened the menu with my free hand. Hayden and I were looking at the menu together when the waitress came back with our drinks and left again to give us more time to order.

I turned my head and saw some people from my school looking at Hayden and me. They were whispering and pointing at us. I rolled my eyes and looked forward. Even though I’m not in school, they still taunt me. I could feel my heart racing. I didn’t want Hayden to see me cry.

“I have to go to the bathroom,” I told him with a slight smile and stood up from my chair. He nodded. Suddenly I felt butterflies form in my stomach. I gasped and pushed the water off the table.

Hayden quickly stood up. “What’s wrong Summerlynn?” He asked, touching my arm.

I looked down at the ground. I was sure I was right. And I was. “My water broke.” I breathed.

“Oh.. Oh… OH!” Hayden repeated himself. “Shit, what do I do?” He asked himself more then me.

“Um, take me to the hospital!” I screamed at him and slapped him on the head for being to dim witted.

“Right!” Hayden yelled again and shook his head. He quickly guided me to the car with a lot of looks from the people in the restaurant. This time I had no time to be embarrassed, I was about to have a baby!

Once we were in the car Hayden sped off in the way of the hospital. “Call Granger and my mom.” I told him as calmly as I could at the moment. He nodded and took out his phone. He said a quick few words and hung up the phone, keeping his eyes on the road.

By the time I was screaming we made it to the hospital. Hayden picked me up bridal style, despite the extra weight I was carrying on myself. Granger, Mom, and Dad were already at the hospital since our house was closer. There was already a wheelchair at the door for me once we got there. Hayden sat me down as the nurses rolled me into the hospital and into a room. Granger and Hayden were the only ones allowed in as I went into labor.

Granger and Hayden were given masks and each were on my side holding my hands. I smiled a little and scream as the nurse told me to push. I looked in Hayden’s eyes and smiled at him. ‘I love you.’ I mouthed to him. He smiled back and mouthed the same thing.

Next thing you know I couldn’t feel a thing. The nurse put a mask on my mouth and told me to keep breathing. Then suddenly, it was like I couldn’t breathe.

*~*~*~*~*

Summerlynn did try as hard as she could. By all means she was only a seventeen year old girl. She did as she was told during her time in labor. The nurse told her to push, she did. When the last and final push came through she gave it all she could. That final push gave her the daughter she had been waiting for months.

The loud and waling cry came through as Harmony Sunshine was born. The doctor, tired and beat from the successful and long child birth, left the room, leaving the other work for the nurses.

One nurse smiled at Hayden and Granger and took Harmony from the hands of the other nurse. The nurse put baby Harmony in a wrapped blanket and handed her to Hayden and stepped back to give them privacy.

Hayden Jak shed a tear. For once in his life he cried. For complete joy. Granger was right there beside him, crying and holding onto little Harmony’s hand and fit perfectly around her pointer finger.

Hayden and Granger turned towards Summerlynn and walked closer to her frail body.

“Summer, you did it! She’s born.” Hayden muttered. Granger placed her shaking hand on Summerlynn’s cold forehead.

Then there lay Summerlynn Joy Herman. Cold, pale, and lifeless.

“…No…. It cant be!” Granger yelled, mostly to herself. She cried and dropped down to the floor.

The nurses came quickly and tried everything to revive Summer. Nothing worked. Hayden handed Harmony to one of the nurses.

“I’m sorry for your loss.” She said and took the baby to the nursery. Hayden knew she wasn’t sorry. She was obligated to say it. Along with his father he had lost the love of his life. He broke down and cried along with Granger on the floor. This was the first time they had trusted each other and held each other in their arms and just… cried.

*~*~*~*~*

Hayden hasn’t talked in months. Sure the occasional word. The only person he truly talks to is Granger. They’ve been living in the Herman home for the past three months. Savoring the memory of Summerlynn, waiting for this day. The day of her funeral. To put her in the ground and put her to rest.

Hayden knew that Summerlynn wouldn’t want anyone to cry or be sad. So he urged everyone to wear bright cheerful colors. Summer always believed to celebrate the time they have lived and not grieve for long.

Granger had cried herself to sleep every night from the night that her best friend had died. She wished she could have told her how much she loved her best and only friend. Now she had none.

Everyone took care of little Harmony Sunshine. Every time Hayden looked at her he found everything she did the same as Summerlynn. Her laugh, her blonde curly hair, her smile, sometimes even her witty personality. All but one thing reminded him of Summerlynn, and that was Harmony’s eyes. She had her fathers eyes. A deep moss green.

Right now Hayden was in Summerlynn’s room. His eyes always bloodshot from crying every night. He put down the picture frame of Summer he had been holding. On her computer desk was a closed jewelry box he knew Summer loved. He took it and opened the old box that her mother gave her. He knew he had to give it to Harmony too.

He found a piece of paper in the box. He took it and closed the box. He sat down on the rolling chair as a flash of memory came through when he left Summerlynn for so long. But he cam back. He unfolded the paper and read it.

‘I am Summerlynn Joy Herman. Waiting for my baby to come into this world. I cant wait. Her name is going to be Harmony Sunshine. I was Granger Jones, my best friend in the whole world to be her God mother. I don’t want her father Liam anywhere close to her. I want Autumn to be her best friend. I want Hayden Jak to be her true father and raise her.

I hope to marry Hayden. I think I’m in love with him. I want Harmony to be the best she can be. I want her to live all her dreams and have Hayden and I support her in everything and every decision she makes. She’s not even born yet and I already love her. If it were even possible, I want Hayden and Granger to be best friends too.

I’m sure this will happen. I’m positive about it.’


Hayden couldn’t even finish the note that she had wrote. The rest was about him. He already knew it. He cried even harder and folded the note back up. He put the note in his back pocked to protect it.

He made it all happen. After that day, her promised himself he would, and he did. Harmony grew up healthy and happy as ever. He never forgot Summerlynn. Nor did he ever go out with another girl. He was now best friends with Granger Jones. Autumn only sees Harmony a couple times. Yes, they are very close, but Hayden still didn’t trust her. Hayden loves Harmony and he still loves Summerlynn. From time to time he reads the note, and knows somewhere in his heart that she’s waiting for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this had the effect I wanted it to have. Yeah, that means I hope you cried. Haha sorry. Its done. Have a nice day everyone. Thanks for reading!(: