Status: Check out the remake 'Young & Reckless'

Pregnant at 16. I Don't Think This Was in The Bible

Does Love Exist?

I went into the washroom with my lunch and cell phone in hand.

First I decided to call Autumn and tell her that I might be late home.

The phone gave three rings before she answered the phone, “Hey kiddie. Aren't you supposed to be learning?” She asked.

“Hun, its lunch. But I got detention after school, so sorry if I’m late from work.”

She gasped, “Summer, the saint? Pure as an infant child? May I ask how?”

I laughed and started eating my chips, “Well I was having a bad day. Granger is being a bitch as usual. Then, well I went into class late and told the teacher to fuck himself.”

“I think little by little I'm rubbing off on you.”

I laughed again finishing my chips and starting on my sandwich, “I’m not sure if that’s good thing. Could you call my boss and tell him I’ll be an hour late?”

“Sure thing babe, Talk to you later.”

Without another word I hung up and dialed my mothers private number.

“Hello dear,” I heard her warming voice through the phone.

“Oh mom! I miss you so much.”

“I miss you too. I’ve been trying to calm your father down but he just kicks and screams like a child when I mention it. How’s Harmony or Sunshine or Gavin or whatever your going to name it.” She said not giving me any emotion.

“My child is not an ‘it’. I don’t know if it’s a boy or girl yet. I’ll know soon. I know you don’t care about my child mom and ‘it’ wont be in your life,” I said.

“You don’t under-”

“No mom you don’t understand. I only need your help getting through this. Then-”

“Who are you talking to?” I heard my fathers voice in the background.

“Hello?” I heard his voice clear now. “You stupid trashy whore! Stop calling my wife. We don’t want your sins in our way. You’re a bad seed, and we surly have nothing to do with you anymore.” Then the line went dead when I heard my mom scream.

I threw my trash in the can and slid my back against the door making sure no one was to come in. I cried. Cried because I didn’t know how I could do this alone. Cried because my dad didn’t want a thing to do with me. Mostly I cried because no one would care for me the way Liam did.

Sometimes I wonder if love really exists.

*~*~*~*~*

“Ah, Summerlynn Hermann. Please take a seat. Be quiet, no texting, work on your homework etc,” said my teacher Mr. Goldblum as I walked in his class room.

I took a seat far in the back far away from anyone else.

I got out a book I was currently reading, it’s a mystery. Its odd how everything in life can turn out to be just like a book. A mystery.

Just as I was about to start reading a cute boy with brown eyes and brown hair sat next to me on my right.

“Hi,” He whispered.

“Hello…” I replied back going back to my book.

“What are you doing in here? You don’t look like the type to be put in detention.” He asked taking out his phone, texting.

I stared at him and said, “Well I told the teacher to fuck off. Like I’m going to tell you in five minutes.”

He smiled. It was a cute crooked smile every girl talks about so much but you just don’t seem to get.

He continued to text so I started reading again. A few minutes passed when he whispered in my ear, “Its been past five minutes and you haven’t told me to fuck off yet.” I bit my lip. He smelled like peppermint and cigarettes. Odd to say, but it smelled more than delicious.

I smiled right back, “Fuck. You.”

“When and where,” he winked. Thinking he won he turned back straight ahead and started roaming through his phone.

“I’m already knocked up, so what other kind of crazy shit could I get my self into?” I smiled. I knew I had won whatever this little thing was.

After about an hour Mr. Goldblum stood up and dismissed us to go home for the day. Mr. Goldblum hurried out the room. It was only me and that boy in the room. I stood up and started to gather my stuff.

“So your that girl who everyone’s been talking about?” He asked coming up behind me.

I shook my head up and down. While walking out in the hall way with the boy hot on my heels.

“Is it true that you forced him or that he raped you?” I suddenly stopped walking in the hallway. He bumped into my back and I let out a small ‘sorry’. I hadn’t heard that rumor about me getting raped. I shrugged my shoulders and continued to walk to my car in the parking lot.

“I don’t know. I guess you might find out later,” I said. I walked out the school doors and down the 4 steps and into the junior parking lot.

“Maybe over a moonlit dinner tomorrow night?” He asked.

I chuckled, “Not a chance.”

I stopped in front of my car, put my books in the back, then got in the drivers side.

“I’m Hayden Jak by the way!” He yelled when I drove out of my parking space.

I waved back at him and drove West to my job at Taco Bell.

He was cute and funny. It just keeps getting stuck in my head that I’ve heard that name somewhere before…

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Hello, welcome to Taco Bell, may I take your order?” I’ve been hearing the same line for hours, over and over again. Finally it was my time off. Since it was around 8 o’clock and I was hungry I took some food to go and left behind the counter right when I saw Hayden Jak. My new enemy friend. In the list right next to Granger.

“Oh look. It’s the pregnant teenager who told her teacher to fuck off.” Hayden smiled.

“And it’s the slacker who wants to get punched in the face by a pregnant teenager.” I passed him, about to go out the doors.

“Wait! Come sit down with me,” I was hungry and I did need to rest. I took the offer and sat down across from him.

“You never did tell me your name. Its only the nice thing to do since I told you mine,” He smiled that crooked smile.

“Summerlynn Herman.” I replied back.

He giggled, “Sounds like a chick I knew in Middle school. Haha, her man.”

I rolled my eyes and ate my taco.

“So what happened on that infamous day that I’ve heard so much rumors about?”

“You know like any other normal party. I got drunk, so did Liam. We had sex. A few weeks later I found out I was pregnant.”

“Yeah that’s totally normal.”

“It is in my book,” I said throwing away my trash and looking at him.

“What do you mean book?” He asked looking at me with a questioning face.

“All life is a book, waiting to be opened and read.” And with that I stood up and walked out of Taco Bell with Hayden having a confused look on his face.