Status: Check out the remake 'Young & Reckless'

Pregnant at 16. I Don't Think This Was in The Bible

I Hate You, I Hate My Life

“Summerlynn Joy! Your past curfew. Where have you been?” Anna, the boss of the home, said. She wasn’t much help with the pregnancies because she was never pregnant before. But she was great help with confidence and stuff. She was the main councilor and the person who thought of this all by herself.

“What do you mean?” I asked her as she looked even more confused, “Didn’t Autumn tell you that I had detention? Where is she anyway? She usually comes to the door and greets me.” I looked around.

“Didn’t anyone tell you… Autumns gone into labor. One month and a week early.”

*~*~*~*

In my car all I could think about was why no one told me. Why no one called me. Now that I’m at the hospital and its 5 in the morning, almost time for me to go to school, I’m a little worried.

I don't care if anyone didn't call me or I found out five hours later. All I care about is if Autumn and her child are okay.

“Summerlynn,” The person behind the desk said, I’ve been here for nine hours and it’s the first time she’s gotten my name right, “Autumn is ready to see you.”

I quickly got up and went into one of the rooms.

“Summer!” Autumn said wiping away tears.

“Hey Autumn,” I said with no emotion and gave her a quick hug.

“Sit here honey. There’s some important news I need to tell you,” She patted the spot next to her and I took a seat. She gave me a box of tissues. “I lost the baby.” Autumn let out a few sobs and put her head in my lap. I sat there, dazed, confused, and heart broken.

I cried too, with my best friend in my lap. And a dead infant in my mind.

*~*~*~*

“Hi Summer!” Granger came up to me. I looked at her attire today. I looked her up and down over and over. I saw the pink mini skirt and tight baby light blue tee. With three inch pink high heels.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, “What do you want Granger? I’m tired and I’m not up for your crap right now.”

“Whoa. I’ve heard you’ve turned to the dark side but I didn’t think you would result to insulting your best friend since kindergarten.”

I slammed my locker and turned to Granger, “Look your not my best friend, your not even close to friend material. I know the same goes to you for me. Like I told you before Granger, I’m not up for your crap right now. So please leave me alone.” I said to her. She looked at me disbelievingly, I shrugged my shoulders and hurried off to Mr. Goldblum’s class.

I sat in the back corner, away from where Granger usually sits.

“Ahh, Miss Summerlynn Hermann. What a joy seeing you here on this fine day,” I heard a voice to my left.

I looked over and saw Hayden, “Well here I see mister Hayden Jak sitting next to me on one of the most hateful days in the world,” I said without emotion.

“I see your not in a good mood,” He replied.

“Your guess is right would you like a cookie or something? I couldn’t sleep for a reason you wouldn’t understand, I just stood up my friend Granger and told her to leave me alone, and on top of that I have detention again.” I sighed realizing I have much more on my plate then a 16 year old girl should. Not to mention that I'm pregnant and have to pee every five minutes.

Hayden looked at me then got up from his seat. He took a white board marker and wrote on the board, ‘Nick Goldblum likes it in the ass. Love Hayden Jak’ Everyone in the class turned and laughed at what he wrote.

He came back to the back of the class by me, “What are you doing?” I asked, horrified of what kind of trouble he would get in.

“I just made your detention even better. You wouldn’t want to be in a room full of jack asses now would you?” He asked.

I looked at him, shook my head, and sighed.

“Morning class,” Mr. Goldblum came in and turned to the board. He sighed, “Hayden Jak, detention after school. Again.”

Hayden smiled at me. What am I going to do with this boy?