Status: RESTARTING, SUMMER 2012 PROJECT~

Make-Out Kids

On the Run

"Make out kids never had a chance to be best friends."

I stood in front of the mirror, holding two shirts before me. One a black and white baseball style, the other an "I ♥ Boys!" tee.

Sighing, I dropped them both on my bed and unpinned the 1997 one from the wall. "Perfect," I smiled.

After a few more minutes of letting my hair air dry, I started to flat iron it. The pop and sizzle as my ends started to split was the only sound in the room. I noticed this abnormal silence and plugged my iPod in. 'Ironic' by Four Year Strong started blasting.

I smiled successfully and finished my hair. It was 8:20am and classes started at 9am. I made my way down stairs and grabbed some Jimmy Dean sausage and heated it up. Mrs. Sanchez, my mother, sat at the table. " Delilah, I'm really sorry I made you leave halfway through the year. But I needed to take the job."

"I know, mom. It's fine." I said as I finished my sausage and going back upstairs to finish getting ready.

Red lipstick, mascara on the top lashes, eyeliner on the bottom. My signature look was quickly completed. 8:37am. I grabbed my Juicy bag and put my iPod and wallet in it. Heading downstairs, I grabbed my phone from the counter and hugged my mom. "See you after school."

Carson high was just up the street from my house, so I was there in about ten minutes. I walked in through the gate and noticed a group of guys leaned up against the lockers. Jean jackets with patches all over them. They were most likely the rockers of the school.

I walked through the groups of people. Some stopped to look at me, knowing that they hadn't seen me here before, others ignored me, barely noticing me walk by. I spotted a sign that pointed out the office building and turned in that direction. I had to admit, I was a bit nervous.

I felt my phone vibrate and pulled it out to check my texts. I glanced down, still walking and immediately wished I hadn't. I was knocked to the ground. I looked up, sitting up and began picking my things up. A hand reached for my iPod just as I did and I looked up to see a boy in a black sweatshirt that said "CHS" oh it.

"I'm really sorry," I said, standing up. "I should have been watching where I was going." I looked down.

"No, no, no. It was my fault. Are you alright?" He had a sweet smile and soft eyes. They were a light brown.

He held my iPod out to me and I smiled. "Thanks. Uhm, while I have you here, could you tell me where the office is?"

"You're new here?" He questioned, stuffing his hands into the pocket of his hoodie.

I nodded my head, "Just moved in on Friday."

"Huh. . ." He thought to himself, "you look really familiar."

I thought about it. I hadn't really been out anywhere except Coldstone up the street. "Well, I haven't really gone out except to the Coldstone place."

"That's where I saw you!" He exclaimed, "my friend works there so I've been there quite a bit." He paused, "but oh, I was going to take you to the office." He held out his arm for me and I cautiously took it.

"And they say chivalry is dead," I laughed as he guided me. "My name is Delilah, by the way."

"Well, Delilah, it's very lovely to meet you. I’m Jordan.” He smiled and so did I.

I also started to notice people stop to stare at us. Others are whispering to friends. I felt a little uneasy being in the spotlight like this, but I knew I would have to get used to it because I chose to take drama as a class. Again.

I was in drama at my old school, being one of the best students. I was always the lead roll. We even had a new production coming up.

“That is the attendance office,” he pointed to the far left door, then the middle one, “that is the health office,” then to the right, “that is door goes to the main office and counseling offices.”

I smiled, “I was looking for the attendance office. I need to get my schedule. Thank you so much.”

He smiled and his whole face lit up. “I’m glad I could help you. I’m sure I’ll see you at break, so I’ll introduce you to some people.”

I nodded, “Sounds good. I’ll look for you then.”

I reluctantly unlinked my arm from his and headed to the attendance office.

I stood at the front desk and waited for one of the secretary to come in. My eyes wondered to posters talking about the schools different academies.

“Miss, how can I help you?” a middle-aged Latina lady asked. She had her hair tired up in a bun and her make-up neatly done.

“Uhm, I needed to get my schedule. It’s my first day here.” I spoke softly, to not leave the impression of one of those loud, obnoxious kids.

She turned to the computer. “Alright sweetie, what’s your last name?”

“Sanchez.”

“First name?”

“Delilah.”

She typed a few things into the computer and printed a few things out. She lightly handed me them. “There is the bell schedule, your classes, and a map of the school.” She paused, “Today is a 2, 4, 6 day, which means you only go to those periods. The bell schedule will tell you what classes to go to on which days.” She looked back to the computer, “today you go to drama, creative writing, and health.”

I nodded, “Thank you.” I walked out of the office and looked down at my schedule before placing it in my bag. F2. Drama. Second period. I looked at the map. Behind the cafeteria, in front of the student store. I put the map back into my bag.

As I walked around the quad heading for the cafeteria, people continued to stare. Some were the same people that had been staring at Jordan and I.

“Weren’t she and Jordan walking together?”

“Do you think that’s his new girlfriend?”

“She doesn’t look very familiar.”

“What a hoe; look how trashy her make-up is!”

I smiled at some people, even though my nervousness was building with each step. Just seconds later I was standing outside F2. A group of girls stood close to the door. Some guys in varsity jackets sat on a couple of blue benches. Everyone had their own little group to stick to.

I was alone so I just stood there waiting for the teacher to open the door. A few minutes later the door was opened by and orange-haired woman. I walked up to her.

“Uhm, are you,” I glanced at my schedule after pulling it from my bag, “Ms. Sullivan?”

She smiled and nodded, “Yes. Have you been placed into one of my classes?”
“Mhmm. Your drama class actually.”

She clapped her hands together, “Lovely. Please come in and we’ll find you a seat.”

I stood at the podium and glanced at the wall. “If you are early, you are on time. If you are on time, you are late. If you are late, you are left behind” was painted in neat black cursive against bright blue walls.

“You can sit in the third seat over there,” I followed her pointing finger to a seat. And next to that seat stood Jordan.

“You!” I exclaimed, smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Delilah's Outfit

So, I write this out on paper, 6 pages into a notebook. Then it gets typed into my word. Read over & over. & then posted. This takes about a week for me. So updates should be coming weekly.

I also wanted to get an editor. I need someone who is really good at writing & correcting to look over the chapters & tell me if there are any mistakes. PM me if you would be interested please.

4AM Conversation. Check this out if you'd like. The characters in that one will be in this one as well.

Xxoo,
Bridgette