Induced Euphoria.

005.

The hospital walls were cold and sterile like the walls of the rehab she had been in. It brought back horrible memories; The sound of screaming in the middle of the night from withdrawals, the silent sobs of her roommate, and the pills that sedated them till they could barely move. Only this time she was in a hospital for a different reason, this time her mother was dying. 

"Hey momma," Laney smiled at her weak mother, her first round of chemotherapy had just been given to her. 
"Hey little Laney," Her voice was cracking and shy, she looked sickly and pale. Suddenly, her mother stood, with the help of her father and her nurse and rushed to the bathroom only feet away. Laney leaned against the Heavy closed door and listened to her mother vomit and her father trying to soothe her. This was a side of her mother she never wanted to see, a weak women was never who her mother was. She was always strong; strong enough to fight for years with Laney, strong enough to watch her son get into fights, strong enough to watch her daughter slowly die. 

"Is mom okay?" Matts soft voice echoed from the doorway. His muscular, inked arms were draped over one another and a worried look was spread across his dimpled cheeks. 
"She's been better," Laney shook her head and felt he tears well up. Her heart was aching for her mother and she knew Matts was too as she made her way next to him. He pulled her into a hug and let her sob into his chest. 
"She'll get better, Lane, I promise." Matt hoped the false hope would do him some good too but it only reminded the both of them that their mother had cancer. 

Matt brought Laney back to his house, the car ride was completely silent, each of them too afraid to say something. 
"Zack, Brian, Michelle are coming over for dinner," Matt finally spoke. "They're coming in an hour so yeah," For some reason, their conversation was awkward. Something that usually happened after something emotional happened. 
"I'm gonna take a shower," Laney mumbled and made her was upstairs and waved a small hello to Val. 
Water ran down her skin, heating every pour and washing away every bad memory of today. Turning the knob and letting her bare feet fall onto the freezing cold tile, Laney watched as tiny droplets of water raced down her tanned skin and her wet hair sticker to her neck. 

She stood in front of the mirror, staring at her bare body. Laney was amazed at how far she had come. From hating every inch of her bruised, pale, skinny frame to loving even inch of her tanned, curvy body. Suddenly, the door flew open and Laney jumped back, unable to reach for her towel. The door slammed shut and locked and there stood Zack Baker. 
"Zacky!" She screamed, jumping behind the shower curtain. 
"Oh shit!" His eyes bulged and he fell back against the door. "Sorry," He laughed, "I had to piss, I didn't think anyone was in here!" 

Laney shook her head and hugged the clear curtain closer to her wet skin, attempting to hid her body. Zack stood there for a moment, looking at her. The way his eyes met hers then purposely moved down to trace the figure of her body, sent chills down Laney's spine. He was looking at her with a hunger in his eyes, a want, a desire. "Fuck it," Zacky said, "I'm already in here," He pulled the toilet seat up and unzipped his jeans. 
"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Laney screeched. "I barely know you, I don't want to see your junk!" She covered her eyes as Zack pissed. 
"Calm down," He laughed, pulling up his jeans and flushing. "I'm done now." Zack picked up the red towel sitting on the sink and stepped into the shower. Laney froze, she took a step back, and hit the wall with a loud thud. His arms reached for her moist shoulder and pulled her away from the curtain forcefully. 

Laney stood before Zackys heavy gaze, completely nude. Her cheeks warmed and her palms began to sweat and he ran his eyes down her body once again.  He opened the towel and wrapped it around her shaking frame. Zack pulled her into a hug and let his chin rest on the crown of her head. 
"I like you," He whispered. 
"After you saw me naked," She whispered with a small chuckle. 
"No," He was completely serious. "I like you for you." 
"Zack!" A booming voice called from down stairs. Laney felt him jump a little, then pull away. He didn't say a word, he only kissed her forehead gently and left the bathroom, Laney was speechless.

"Hey, you okay?" Val asked as Laney pulled up her jeans with a small rip at the knee. 
"I'm good," She smiled and slipped on a off the shoulder The Smiths shirt. 
"Foods ready," She grinned and left for down stairs. 

Morning seagulls purred in the breaking of dawn, the cool crisp air caused goose bumps to rise on every inch of Laney's skin as she walked down Main St. She passed the closed restaurants and clothing stores until she reached the Starbucks she hoped for.  

Outside the glass covered building Laney noticed a boy, he sat alone with his dark hair pushed back like a greaser. His blue jeans were cuffed at the bottom and her was wearing a black leather jacket. Tattoos were visible on his hands and he was busy talking on his phone. Laney didn't pay him much attention, she only strolled in the shop and ordered. As she waited for her drink she couldn't help but stare at the mysterious boy, he looked way too familiar to her. 

This boy was handsome no doubt about it, his shocking blues captured Laney's and the corners of his lips rose into a small smile. She quickly looked away and grabbed her frap off the counter. 

The greasers orbs never left her as she pushed her way out the front door. 
"Laney!" Some one called as she began her journey back to her car. She whipped around only to meet those ocean eyes once again. 
"Do I know you?" She asked, using the palm of her hand to block the sun from streaming into her eyes. 
"It's Alex," He smiled and moved closer to her. "Alex Scott." 
Laney stopped dead in her tracks. There stood the boy that ruined her life, yet somehow she still felt the same as she did when she first met him. He was thicker now, not as boney and his hair wasn't as greasy and fried. He looked healthy. 

"Oh," She gasped, "Alex, wow, it's been a long time." She took a nervous sip of her drink and shifted her weight on the other foot. 
"So what are you doing right now?" 
"I was just going to go home, why?" 
"Do you want to catch up?" He asked and shoved his phone in his front pocket. 
"I would like that," Laney smiled and took a seat on the closet bench. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Ut oh.
Alex is back.
:D

Enjoy.