Induced Euphoria.

007.

"Laney, come on." Alex laughed as she squirmed in his arms. "It's only a photo booth." He grinned and went to press the button. 
"Too bad I'm not photogenic," Suddenly the counter went off and they both struck a pose. He wrapped both of his hands around her face and pulled her in for a kiss. The second flash went off and they stuck their tongues out. This was something Laney needed, it had been a long week of drama. Sure, her brother started talking to her against but he wasn't all for the idea of Laney befriending Alex again and by the looks of it; it wasn't exactly "befriending." 

"Wanna get ice cream?" Alex asked. His black hair was greased back once again and his cuffed jeans were ripped at the knee. He wore a white t- shirt and an old gray mechanics jacket. His black creepers thumped as they walked and a smile was imprinted on his face. 

The pair was in Laguna beach, walking along Cherry St hand in hand. The sun was beating down on them but the slight breeze was refreshing. They rounded the corner into an ice cream shop when Laney stopped dead in her tracks. At the counter, staring right at her was none other than Zacky Baker. He was with Johnny and a little boy. 
"Who's that?" Alex whispered in her ear. 
"My brothers friend Zack," She quickly let go of Alex's hand and made her way over to Zack. "Hey," She smiled. 
"Wow," Zack said sarcastically. "It was nice seeing you Laney." 
"Zacky," She pleaded and grabbed his forearm. 
"I have to take my nephew to his baseball game, I'll see you around." He spat and grabbed the little boys hand. 
"Bye Lane," Johnny smiled. 
"Bye Johnny,"
 The three boys rushed out of the ice cream shop, not even looking back. 
"You okay?" Alex asked. He brought his warm hands up to rub her arms comfortingly. 
"I'm fine," She whispered and fell into Alex's open arms. 

There was a barbecue at Matts house, only his closet friends and family were there, much to her dismay that included Laney. 
"You have to go," Laney's mother smiled, she had shedding hair pulled back by a bandana. "You have to face him. If you runaway it will only make matters worse." Laney took her mothers advice. She had to talk to him, she had to explain, but really there was nothing to. 

Laney pulled on a light pink floral sundress and some cream colored wedges and left for her older brothers home. Her long curly locks were flowing in the wind of her rolled down window and the sounds of Radiohead filling her ears. 
The drive way was full of cars and she knew one of them had to belong to Zacky. Her heart started to race as she stepped out of the car and made her way through the front door. What if everyone knew already? She thought. Her hands were shaking and sweat started to form on her forehead. 

"Hey Laney!" Jimmy screamed, causing the whole room to turn around, including Zacky. He didn't look for that long, he tore his gaze away quickly and chugged his beer. 
"Jimmy!" She squealed back and jumped into his arms. 
"Laney, this is my girlfriend Leana, Leana this is Laney Sanders. Matts kid sister." 
"Hi Leana, It's nice to meet you!" Laney shook her hand and they began to talk. But her mind wasn't on their conversation, it was on Zack. She politely excused her self and made her way into the kitchen were Zacky was. 
"Hey," She smiled crookedly. 
"What?" His tone was harsh. 
"Can we talk?" 
"Talk about what? How you were two timing me? How you were dating some other guy after we fucked? God damn Laney, were you dating him before we fucked too?" He hissed and slammed his beer on the table. 
"Zack, I-" 
"Save it, I really liked you too. It's weird because I barely know you but I can't keep my mind off of you. I think about you every god damn day and then you do this to me. Fuck it, I'm out." He shook his head and marched into the backyard, slamming the sliding glass door behind him. 

Laney felt horrible. She was on the verge of tears, her heart was aching, and she couldn't think straight. Laney pulled out her phone and called Alex, he was there to pick her up with in the hour. 
"What happened?" Alex asked, running his hands softly through her hair. 
"I got into another fight with Matt." She lied and buckled her seat belt. "Can we just go to your place, I don't want to go to mine." She sighed and rested her head on his shoulder. He nodded silently and pulled onto PCH. 

Alex's apartment was nicer than the house he had before. It had a black shag rug underneath an old oak coffee table and a big black television propped in front of it. It smelled like cigarettes and cologne, it kind of smelled like Zacky. Laney pushed that thought into the back of her mind and focused on Alex. He was talking about his day at work, the annoying customers and something about an engine when Laney noticed the bong sitting in the corner of the living room. 
"You smoke weed still?" She asked. He said he was sober. 
"Sometimes, only when friends come over or if I need to chill out." Laney only nodded, she knew if there was a bong near by there was a stash of weed somewhere too. This scared the shit out of her. First of all, he lied about being completely sober and second,  he was the one the pressured her into smoking weed for the first time. That was the start. 

"Wanna hit?" He asked, at first Laney thought it was a joke but his completely serious face said otherwise. 
"No," She almost screamed. "I'm done with that shit," Her heart was beating so quickly she was sure it would jump right out of her chest. 
"I understand," He smiled sweetly. Just then Laney's cell phone started to ring. 
"Hello?" She asked. 
"What the fuck happened between you and Zacky?" Matt almost screamed. "Val and Brian told me you left crying and Zacky was being a dick the rest of the day." 
"Nothing Matt." She gritted her teeth and glanced at Alex. 
"Nothing? Laney, you can tell me." His voice softened. 
"I can't- not right now. I'll tell you later." She sighed and hung up the phone. 

"You what!" Matt screamed. 
"I told you not to freak out!" 
"I'm allowed to freak out, you had sex with my best friend. I'm going to kick his ass. So fucking hard." 
"Matt calm down, it wasn't like it was a one night stand and we have no feelings for each other. Zack likes me and I like him, well I don't think he liked me now so..." She paused and but her lower lip. "There's nothing to worry about, honestly." 
"God damn," Matt barked. "I'm calling him, he's coming over. Were all talking." 

One angry phone call and an hour later Zacky was at Laney's home. He didn't say much, he just stared at Laney with so much intensity. "Hey asshole," Matt punched his shoulder uncomfortably. "You and my sister need to talk," he bent down to whisper in Zacks ear. "And if I ever hear about your guys' sex life again, I'll have your balls." Matt excused himself and left to go home to his fiancée. 

"I never meant to hurt you Zack, I like you, a lot." 
"More than him?"
Without hesitating, Laney answered, "More than him." White lies, she considered, weren't actual lies. 
"Then I don't want you seeing him again," 
"Zack, we aren't even dating, you can't tell me what to do." Laney folded her arms across her chest and met his gaze. 
"if you like me, then you won't see him. Can you promise me that?" 
White lies weren't real lies. "Yes." 
♠ ♠ ♠
I guess people don't really like this story?
I like it though.
If you like it, comment! :D

Enjoy.