Induced Euphoria.

009.

Burgundy locks hung over a tight plain black t-shirt. Simple white letters that were etched across the black material spelled out "Hot Hot Heat." Jean shorts form fitted against olive legs and black high top converse covered petite feet. Laney's only best friend lay sprawled out on the couch, her feet against the back board and head on the ground.
"Peyton," Laney laughed as she walked into her living room. "What the hell are you doing?"
"Watching music videos," She smiled and tumbled over so she was sitting normal. "What are we gonna do today? It's Friday night, I want to go to a show or something."
"You know what, I heard La Rocca was playing a secret show in Los Angeles today. We should find out where." Laney and Peyton had been friends since forever. Peyton helped her through her addiction and stuck with her through thick and thin. Peyton was like another sister to Matthew and another daughter to her mother and father. "Also, you remember Alex Scott, right?"
Peyton arched an eyebrow and licked her lips. "Yeah," She said coldly. "Why?"
"He's clean now," Laney added quickly, "And he is having this party tomorrow. Wanna go with me?"
Peyton shot Laney a harsh look and shook her head.
"I'll go, as much as I'd hate to but I'm going to keep an eye on you."
"Okay," Laney smiled crookedly and pulled out her phone. "Let me tell him, then we'll get going."
"I still fucking hate him," Peyton mumbled and grabbed her purse.

“She belongs somewhere else, where pain isn't hope and lives, get every chance, not part of every plan,” Sang Laney. Peyton and her best friend stood near the back of The Music Box and swayed to the sounds of Non-Believer by La Rocca. The lights were dim and people swarmed throughout the one room venue, it was packed beyond belief and a thin sheen of sweat was starting to line Laney’s forehead as the room temperature rose. It was the first time in a long time Laney was actually enjoying herself, with only her best friend.
“I listen to this song when I need a little faith,” Laney smiled and moved more into the music, she threw her hands up, swayed her hips, and let her curly hair flow. She was alive, she was free.

~

“Look at me,” Zacky smiled, his plump, pink lips spread into a smile as he took Laney’s hand and led her into his home. “I like you, have I ever told you that?”
“Multiple times,” She beamed and let Zack spin her gently like a dancer.
“I can stop,” He laughed and pecked her lips gently. “Just tell me when.” Zacky let his hands fall from hers and slip to her hips, those hips that he loved so much against his. His body moved in closer to hers and his lips gently brushed the sensitive skin on her neck. “Just tell me when,” He whispered again. His words puffed like clouds against Laney’s skin and sent shivers of pleasure down her spine.
“Never,” Her voice was ragged as Zacky let his lips trail down to her collar bone. His teeth slightly grazed the protruding bone and she felt him crack a smile.
“Good,” His words were a soft whisper, he swooped Laney up in his arms, causing her to laugh hysterically and dropped her hard onto the couch. Fell down next to her and let out a loud sigh. Zacky’s muscular arms reached for Laneys petite frame and pulled her onto his lap, once again his lips were against her skin, just below her ear. He rubbed his nose affectionately against her hair and inhaled. “You smell so good,” His voice was still soft. “God, Laney.” The sudden seriousness scared her. “I think,” He paused and exhaled before kissing her tanned skin. “I think I’m falling in love with you.” Laney froze, literally her whole body went rigid and she let out a shaky breath.
“You can’t,” She whispered. The thoughts of her being with Alex and Zacky at the same time made her stomach turn. She was hurting both of them because she couldn’t get her act together. She needed to fix what she so deeply got herself into. Her feelings for Alex were wrong yet she couldn’t deny them. Her feelings for Zacky, though, were too strong to let go. Alex was her cocaine, Zacky was her pills. She could never live without both.
“Why not?” He whispered, pulling away to look her directly in the eye. She shunned away and bit her lower lip. Should she tell him? Just then her phone vibrated. Zack immediately reached for it, thinking it was his, and pulled open the text. His eyes fixated on it for a moment before he stood to his feet and threw the phone viciously against Laney’s lap. “Is that why?” The soft voice he held a moment ago had disappeared and a harsh, cold tone replaced it. Laney glanced down at the screen.
Hey babe, you’re still coming tomorrow right? I’ve got something special planned. ;)

Almost immediately her eyes filled with tears. “Zack,” She whispered and sucked it up. “It’s not what you think.”
“Oh fucking really?” He nearly screamed. “You’re still seeing Alex even after you told me you would stop. For god sakes Laney, are you sleeping with him too?” He threw his arms to his side and paced in front of the couch. “Are you Laney?” He screamed, startling her.
“No!” Laney yelled as tears poured down her cheeks. “No I’m not, I’m not a whore!”
“Once a whore, always a whore.” His tone was evil and hard, like the Zacky she once knew had left the earth.

Laney hadn’t been called a whore since high school, since everything went downhill for her. Rumors spread and friends were hurt but no one ever thought to ask if they were true or not. For Laney this was a good thing in some ways because most of the rumors were true. “I heard she fucks for drugs,” Laney remembered hearing a girl snicker in the hallway. It disgusted Laney to think that she had once done that, sold her body for a needed fix, to some sketched out, creepy drug dealer. They were sloppy fucks, fast and hard, quick and disturbing but Laney went through them all for her disease. A sweet fifteen year old girl corrupted by such an evil substance.

“You are not who I thought you were,” Laney sobbed uncontrollably. She wiped the snot from her nose and let her finger slip underneath her eyes to rid her from the bleeding black.
“Neither are you,” He hissed and shook his head. “So what was I to you? A good fuck and a conversation? What is he to you Laney? Do you love him?”
“Zack!” Laney cried out, “We weren’t even together! I’m allowed to see however the hell I want to see!” Her confidence level grew just a notch but she was still torn from his last comment.
“I thought you liked me enough to only see me!” He screamed, his face turning slightly pink. “I just told you I thought I was falling in love with you! Holy shit, wow,” He breathed. “Get the fuck out of my house,” He breathed again. “I’m done.” With that Zack stormed into his bedroom and slammed the door shut behind him.

Once again Laney felt useless and beaten, like a horse that broke it’s leg. She just needed the shot to the head. She stood in the freezing cold night, her ears still hurt from the show she had just came back from and the crickets were singing her gloomy soundtrack. Her feet hit the pavement and she let the tears flow once again. She knew she fucked up big time, she knew she could never fix it, and that killed her. She liked Zack, a lot, but her addiction and history with Alex over powered her feelings. She was a massive fuck up, a junkie, a liar, a bitch.

It was three in the morning, the stars were clear in the navy blue sky but her tears blurred her vision. Laney knew her home was near, just around the corner and she could fall into a deep sleep. Suddenly, she saw the headlights of her brothers black SUV.
“Where the fuck have you been?” Matt screamed, she couldn’t see him but she could tell by the tone of his voice, something was wrong. Matt moved from the shadows into the street light and the tear stains were visible against his cheeks. His eyes were puffy and red just like Laneys. At that moment, she knew. She knew exactly what had happened.
“Where’s mom?” Laney’s voice was shaking.
“She died Laney,” He fought back a sob. “She died in her sleep, dad found her an hour ago.” This time he couldn’t fight it, Matt let out a long, hard sob and pulled his sister into his arms. Laney nuzzled her soaking wet face into his chest and cried with him. “We have to go home,” He whispered. “We have to see dad.”
And there it was, tied up like a present on Christmas day, the shot to the head.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment? subscribe?

:D

Tumblr.
Twitter.
I follow back.

Enjoy!