‹ Prequel: Love Gone Mad
Status: Active.

Anchor.

"I'll be the wings that keep your heart in the clouds."

George Weasley sat in his office, his elbows rested on the rim of his desk while his hands clenched the morning's Daily Prophet. He ran his hand through the graying hair on top of his head and let out a low sigh. George gently set the newspaper down and stroked his whiskered chin with his thumb. The chair he sat in creaked as his rose to his feet. George stood for a moment, staring aimlessly at the bookshelf that rested on the opposite side of the room.

She did it, he thought.

George's eyes wondered down a photograph of his daughter, Roxanne. He hadn't seen her face in months. Granted, her name was plastered on every news stand and frequently mentioned during conversation so he had seen in daughter's face, but not in a preferred circumstance.

Roxanne's career as the Chaser for England's National Quidditch team created an expected distance from her family, but as time passed Roxanne continually dismissed all invitation to visit her family George's heart sank with low spirits. Roxanne wanted nothing to do with family or any relative for that matter. Roxanne's constant climb to success in the world of Quidditch created a slow boil of pride and glory.

“George?” Adara's figure appeared in the doorway.

The low light dramatically added to the dark circles that ran around his eyes.

“Have you seen the papers?” She slowly walked toward her husband, keeping her voice calm and low.

“Yes,” George forced a smile, “Our daughter is playing at the World Cup.”

He let his eyes linger on the front page of the Daily Prophet. A photograph of Roxanne, along with her teammates, all stood with fists raised high in the air and cheering in celebration.

“Arthur and Molly have reserved several seats for the family,” Adara stood behind her husband and rested a hand on his forearm. “Would you like to go?”

George's shoulders tensed. “Why should I? Roxanne didn't seem to find it necessary to tell us the news herself, we had to find out through the morning paper.” His words ran out cold and he took several steps away from his wife.

“Sweetheart,” Adara breathed. She felt crushed by her husband's pain. “This is what Roxanne has been dreaming of and working for her entire life,” Adara reminded him, she walked towards George and wrapped her arms around his waist. “Go and support your little girl. She's just been lost in the excitement of her life.”

Adara knew that her statement was partly true, she knew her daughter had been careless and ignorant but she was her baby nonetheless.

George looked down at this bride and smiled, “You're right.”

Adara closed her eyes as George gently kissed her forehead. “We'll leave for the Burrow first thing in the morning.”

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back :)