‹ Prequel: Love Gone Mad
Status: Active.

Anchor.

"She said he said live like no tomorrow."

Roxanne walked briskly down the dimly lit streets of London. She stopped at the edge of the crosswalk and cautiously checked for on coming traffic. After a line of muggle vehicles passed. Roxanne jogged to the other side of the road and sharply turned left. She checked the time. 4:21. Late.

Roxanne rounded the corner of Winghaven Boulevard and walked past several houses, each dark and vacant. Her destination, the seventh house down the road, stuck out like a sore thumb. It's windows were aglow and housed the silhouettes of numerous partying witches and wizards. She smiled to herself, this was it. The pounding of her own heart reached her ears. Roxanne twisted the doorknob and was immediately hit with the smell of alcohol and body heat.

“Here she is!” Lorcan Scamander wrapped an arm around Roxanne's shoulders and pulled her through the crowd. Lorcan, Roxanne's Quidditch teammate and best friend whose body was too big for his head, was the twin brother of Lysander and the son of Rolf and Luna Scamander. Roxanne and Loran met as infants due to their parents' friendship.

“Have a drink,” Lorcan beamed as he handed her what looked like to be someone's misplaced beverage. “Party! Tonight is for you!” His wavy blonde hair meshed against his face with sweat, he'd been dancing.

Roxanne didn't hesitate to except the offer and let her hips sway to the beat of the music as she took a sip of firewhiskey.

“Rory is in the back,” Lorcan spoke over the music. Roxanne's cheeks flushed a coral hue, she hadn't realized her darting eyes were so...obvious.

Roxanna and Rory Thomas had met during Roxanne's third year when she joined the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Their competitive nature and lust for the game quickly paired the two together.

“Thanks,” she smiled and patted Lorcan on the arm as she brushed past him and into the crowded living room.

Rory was sitting on the arm rest of one of the two twin leather sofas at the back of the party. His left hand was in his jean pocket while the other held a drink to his lips. Roxanne's heart fluttered. His dark hair, dark skin, and muscular physique. Rory Thomas was the eye candy of countless young woman. Luckily, he was hers.

“Roxanne,” Rory's eyes widened and he rose to his feet. “You look beautiful.” He kissed her softly on the lips.

“Now that you're here I guess we can start,” Rory whispered in her ear and sent a row of kisses down her neck. He quickly pulled away and grabbed his wand from his pocket, muttered a spell, and the music stopped.

The room became awkwardly silent and all head turned Roxanne's way.

“Listen up!” Rory's deep voice rang out. He was standing on top of the wooden coffee table beside Roxanne. “We did it, England is going to the world cup!” Rory cheered as he watched the crowd in front of him hoot and holler in celebration.

Roxanne wolf whistled, catching her boyfriend's attention. Rory smiled, his teeth shown brightly as they contrasted against his dark skin. He held up his hand for Roxanne to join him on the table. “Say something,” he whispered in her ear.

“Who's ready to kick some ass?” Roxanne yelled, thrusting a fist in the air and watching her teammates enthusiastic response.

“Tonight is for all your hard work,” she continued, “so enjoy it because you won't get a day off for a while.” A few laughed at her comment, but all knew it was true. Practice for the world cup would be hell.

Roxanne stepped off the table and was quickly being pulled into the dance floor by Rory. The music was back on at full volume and it was now time to relax. She deserved that much.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
COMING SOON! Be on the look out of an update of Contort