Status: Updates are gonna be slow for a while, sorry :/

Second Chances, Bad Habits

Pressing my Luck

It’s normal to feel like you’re going to kill your best friend right? No… it’s probably no normal but Andy has driven me to feeling this way. Holding onto Deli’s body tighter I banged on the front door with my foot. Hopefully someone inside is still awake and will open the door. When no one came to my rescue I shifted the now half awake and will be very hung over Deli in my arms and fumbled with my keys.

She’s going to be so hung over in the morning. I almost wonder if I should have Mat Hawise Evangeline and myself stay in a hotel or at Jake’s because of just how scary she might be. Passing the living room I noticed that the reason why no one had even attempted to help me was because Mat was passed out on the couch with Killer laying on his chest. Chuckling at what I had just seen I set Deli down on the bed.

I won’t say I’m not proud of her for doing, what, sixteen rounds and still going strong but I’m worried. She’s what eighteen and can do that many rounds, when I was eighteen the furthest I could do was five and that was on a good night. I don’t have a single clue about her life before moving here should I ask about something like that? None of that is really my business but I’m worried about the girl I’m in love with.

Pulling her shoes off and tucking the blanket I smiled, since she can do so many shots without getting sick I wonder how bad her hangover is going to be in the morning. Seriously I have bad ones every once and a while and I’m interested to see just how bad hers are. Wow… that was mean Ashley. Sighing at myself I pulled off my jeans and shirt before falling into bed next to Deli. Holding her close to my chest I buried my face in her hair and took a deep breath, she smells so good. Yawning I couldn’t help but grin a little at the fact I have known Deli for such a small amount of time and I still have her laying in my bed. I would have to say that’s a win for the Ashley side of the score board.

********************************************

Waking up extra early I showered and dressed before warning Mat Hawise and Evangeline that Deli had a shit ton to drink last night and she might be pretty hung over. But their reaction of laughing and turning back to Tokyo and Killer and the TV did nothing to assure me that they believed me. Shrugging at them I went back to me and Delis room to make sure she was still alive. Turing the knob I began to open the door before someone behind the wood screamed no.

“NO! DON’T COME IN! I’M NOT DRESSED!” well…. Sounds like I’ve hit the jackpot.

“Deli its just me. Relax.” against Deli’s better wishes I continued to walk into the room and sit down on the bed. She ran to hide in the closet. “Come on, it’s not like you haven’t see me named before.”

“Shut up. That was an accident.” Deli stuck her head out and hissed at me. Laughing I winked at her, I hope she knows I do forgive her and think nothing of her seeing me almost naked. In all truth many people have seen me naked that I just don’t care anymore.

“I know it was.” standing I slid over to where she was hiding and kissed her cheek. Before I could make a move to get her out of there and onto my bed she stuck her head back in the room and continued to get dressed.

I must point out she’s doing wonderfully for a person who should be hungover right now. If I had done that many I sure as hell wouldn’t be getting dressed. A small bang came from somewhere in the closet and the sound of muffled cries followed right after. Aww poor thing, maybe she should let me kiss it to make it all better.

In a huff she exited the small enclosure; regaining herself back quickly she smiled and sat down next to me on the bed. Opening my mouth to ask her how she was feeling was cut short by the sounds of my cell ringing on the bedside table, jumping up I grabbed it and held it to my ear.

“Hello?” I don’t look at the screen normally so I never know who’s on the other end most of the time.

“Hey Ash it’s Andy.” and most people know that so they tend to identify themselves, which is always a good thing. Although that’s what most people do no matter what, right?

“Hey Andy” even though he was a dick to Deli last night he hasn’t seem to have broken her in any way shape or form so I don’t have to be a jerk… yet….

“What are you doing today?” Deli left the room and probably went into the bathroom.

“Not much. Why?” following right after Deli I leaned against the door frame to our room and listened for the sounds of her getting sick. When none came I stepped back into our room.

“Well, I wanted to talk. Can you come over this afternoon?” oh fuck. I hope I’m not in trouble.

“Yeah sure, what time do you want me over?” biting down on my lip I tried to think of anything that he could be mad at me about.

“Anytime would be fine.” there’s not much that he could be mad at me for really so I don’t think I should be so worried about that.

“Okay.” he chuckled on the other end.

“Ash you’re not in trouble I just want to talk.” and that’s supposed to make me feel better!?!

“Oh, well okay good then, I think.” doing my best to laugh with him I sat back down on the bed.

“Yeah. And um, I just want to talk to you so come alone.” alone? Oh god now I really am worried.

“Oh okay I will.” Deli came back in the room and smiled in my direction.

“Okay then, I’ll see you later?”

“Yeah see ya Andy.” pressing the end button I fell back onto the bed.

Deli sat down next to me and ran her hands through my hair. I had to bit down on my lip to keep from moaning because of just how good it felt. A smile played about her lips as she continued to run her hands through my thin hair. She must have some idea on how much of a weakness this is for me. Or maybe she just guessed.

“So what are the plans for the day?” closing my eyes I groaned.

“I have to go see Andy, he wants to talk.” I’m proud of him he probably got both his and Deli’s hangover and he’s awake and functioning enough to call me and talk.

“Oh.”

“Yeah….” sitting up I looked at her a little worried, I hope she doesn’t mind me going to see Andy and not hanging out with her and her brother and sisters.

“Is everything okay? I mean after last night and all.” does she have a guilt conscience or something? Because no girl I have ever brought back to hang out with my friends has ever been this worried before. It’s adorable!

“To tell you the truth he didn’t say what was wrong if anything, so I wouldn’t worry Babe.” pulling her into my lap I kissed her forehead.

“Oh okay.” chuckling at her again I pressed my lips to her before pinning her down by her hands. Hmm… should I press my luck?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooooo... you guys, our lovely readers, and faithful commenters we would like to thank all of you even the ones who haven't commented. You guys are the reason we keep writing(: <3