Status: Updates are gonna be slow for a while, sorry :/

Second Chances, Bad Habits

Will You Stay?

I sank against the bathroom wall, breathing heavily from spewing my stomach contents. Ash’s face was more worried that hypochondriac’s.

“I’m fine now, honest.” I spoke, closing my eyes as the dizziness from rushing so quickly, set in.

“Deli, I think you should see a doctor, that’s not normal.” Ash said, wrapping his hand around my arm and pulled me to my feet.

“C’mon, I’ll drive you, and come in with you ok?” He carried on, grabbing his phone as we headed towards the door.

“Ash, I’m fine!” I pulled my arm back, I didn’t really fancy seeing a doctor. They generally didn’t like me, so for something as small as just being sick, it seemed unnecessary.

“Deli, puking like that isn’t normal, and there’s just something about it that’s unsettling me ok? Just go, make sure you’re ok, and that’s it.” Ash pleaded, grabbing my hand and dragged me out to the car. I gave in realising that I didn’t really have much of a choice right now. Ash climbed in on the driver’s side, and soon we were quickly speeding down the road to the hospital.

*****************

After we’d arrived at the hospital, we’d been ushered into a room off to the left. At the moment, I was just sat on the bed thing, with Ash stood next to me squeezing my hand. I honestly couldn’t see the reasoning behind having to see a doctor right now, but Ash was close to hyperventilating, soon it would be him that needed the doctor.

Just as I played out scenarios of what would happen if Ash fainted from stressing, the door swung open to reveal a old-ish guy, with greying hair and soft eyes.

“Hello, you must be Deli, correct?” He said looking at his clipboard, and then looking at me, smiling like the dentists off of those creepy teeth whitening adverts.

“Yeah.”

“I’m Dr. Bradley-Wood, nice to meet you. So what seems to be the problem?” He said pulling the chair away from the desk, so that he could now sit in front of me.

“She was sick, just out of the blue this morning.” Ash blurted out. And I thought I was the nervous one.

“Alright, and you are?” The Dr questionned, squinting as he asked.

“I’m Ashley, her boyfriend.” Ash shifted from foot to foot uncomfortabley.

“Ok, and when you sick Deli, did anything happen beforehand?” He said, scrawling on his clipboard.

“No.” I really don’t like doctors.

“Hmmm….can I have a feel of your stomach please?” Dr Bradley-Wood’s brows furrowed, as he came over with his stethoscope. I laid down on the bed, and pulled my shirt up, which in actuality was Ashley’s.

I squirmed a little when the cold metal was placed on my skin, making Ash’s grip tighten on my hand. The Dr moved the metal circle around, listening intently. After a few seconds, he swapped the metal for his hands and began prodding and messaging.

“Deli, could you tell me when your suppose to be due on your next period?” The Doctor said, pulling away. I felt Ash tense in my hand, as I flushed a shade of pink.

“Um.....next week, I think” I hadn’t a clue really, it just usually came and went when it wanted, I didn’t particularly time it.

“Ok, Deli, I would like to do a test, is that alright?” He questioned, not looking quite as confused as before.

“Um…depends what type of test?” A twinge in my gut, told me this wasn’t going to end the way I wanted it to.

“A pregnancy test.” Dr.Bradley-Wood smiled. My stomach dropped about a 1,000 feet out of my body. Ash’s hand had gone limp, I could just imagine that his face was a mirror of mine. My jaw dropped, completely speechless as we stared at the doctor.

“A pregnancy test?” I questionned, my voice rising two octaves at the end of my question.

“It will only take a few minutes, I promise.” He smiled down at me. I was still a state of shock at what he had just said, but for some reason, I felt like I should agree.

“Ok? I guess?” I mumbled, looking at Ash to see what he thought, but he was still frozen in position. I really don’t want this test to come back positive, not now that I’m going on tour.

“Right, it’s just like have a blood test, so sit still and it’ll be fine.” I was in a numb state, I completely zoned out of the test, I only came back around when Dr. Bradley-Wood started waving his hand in front of my face.

“Well, now that’s you’re back with us, I’ll be back in a few minutes with the results.” He said as he walked out of the door. I felt so….so blank. Turning to Ash again, he’d finally come of his shock and was now looking back at me.

“What are we going to do if it comes back positive?” I asked, panicking inside at what Ash’s answer would be. I had no idea whether I’d want to keep it, or make life easier for tour, and get rid of it.

“I dunno, I honestly don’t know what to say Deli, but whatever we do I’m not leaving you to do it yourself.” Ash gave a weak smile, before pulling me into a hug, kissing the top of my head. I hugged him back, hiding in his chest, and breathing in his scent. Ash always smelt nice, and it always made me feel happy and calm.

Just as I was about as calm as can be, Dr. Bradley-Wood walked back in, a huge smile on his face.

“Sorry, this will only take a moment, but we’d like a, well, a sample for you as well Ashley.” Ash’s face contorted with confusion, but he agreed nevertheless. As they both disappeared off into the nearby bathroom, fear and panic surged through my body. What if I was pregnant? What was I going to do, I was way too young to have a kid. Hell I was going on tour for a year, I can’t afford to have a baby. And as much as Ash says he’ll stay, I’m pretty sure he won’t want to.

Ash walked back into the white, room, just in time for my panic attack to be directed at him. As I began hyperventilating, he rushed over and enveloped me in his arms.

“Shh…it’s going to be ok.” He hushed, kissing my hair, playing with the ends of my hair.

In no time at all, the doctor was back again. This time the grin on his face was taking over his face.

“Well, we have the results, from both of you.” He beamed down at us. Great, here goes my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
:O is she or isn't she???