Status: Updates are gonna be slow for a while, sorry :/

Second Chances, Bad Habits

Oscar

I woke up, alone this time. All the memories clear in my head, everything. The fall, the pain, Ash telling me that I’d lost my babies, and then freaking out over it. I felt tears spring to my eyes as Ash’s face flashed across my mind. I’d overreacted so badly, and I completely ignored everything, including the one guy that had been there for me through everything, the one who loved me, and that I loved back.

“Deli?” A doctor peeped his head round the corner of my door, interrupting my depressive thoughts. I didn’t say anything, I merely just looked at him, my face vacant, just like me.

“I wanted to talk to you about your babies, seen as Mr.Pur...I mean Ash, did manage to tell you properly.” He smiled at me, before edging his way in cautiously. I remembered him vaguely as the guy who made me go to sleep. My eyes narrowed, but I still listened to what he said next.

“Deli, as you were aware, you were pregnant with twins…” The tears came back at the way he used the past tense to describe my unborn children. My beautiful children.

“Well your daughter, who was on the side you landed on when you fell, is gone.” Tears started slowly streaming down my face, as I sniffed and turned to face the window, unable to look at the doctor any longer.

“However, your son, who is on the left, is still alive and well.” He smiled at me, my heart stopped, I began crying happy tears. I still had one baby, I still had my baby boy. Hell I even knew what I wanted to call him. I always loved the name Oscar.

I mouthed a thank you to the doctor, wiping away my tears, and smiling to myself. Ash better like the name Oscar, because I’m really not into compromising on my surviving baby.

Just as I was thinking this, I turned to the blinded, window of my room, to see the same doctor talking to Ash and Andy. I frowned a little as to why Andy was here, I understand that he’s Ash’s friend, but he has had it in for me ever since he met me in that music shop.

Ash peered around the door, much like the doctor had, looking nervously at me. I could see Andy stood behind him, looking the other direction as if to give us some privacy.

“It’s alright, I’m not gonna freak again, promise.” I murmured, smiling reassuringly at him. He smirked sheepishly, before coming into the room. Andy stayed where he was, leaning against the glass wall outside.

“I’m sorry about before.” I said looking at the foot of my bed, as Ash sat down next to me. Stroking my cheek softly, shrugging off my apology.

“Deli, it’s fine, you just got told you lost our baby, I didn’t honestly expect you to react calmly.” Ash said, that nervous smile of his there again. Placing my hand on the back of his neck, I pulled him down to me, pressing my lips to his softly.

“Least we still got lil’ Oscar.” I smiled, but it quickly dropped as Ash’s face reminded me, that conversation was in my head, not reality.

“Oscar?” He asked, confused, I bit my lip, suddenly terrified. But I relaxed, when a smile broke out on Ash’s face.

“Am I ok to come in now?” Andy whined from the doorway, making Ash and me laugh a little.

“Yes Andy, you can come in.” I smiled at him, I didn’t hate him for the shit he’d done to me, it just made me a bit wary of him.

“How you doing short stuff?” It surprised me a little at how nice he was being, but right now I’d take what I could get.

“I’m ok, thanks.” I smiled back at him, straining my neck a little to try and meet his eyes.

“I just talked to the doctor again, he said we need to come back for a sonogram soon, but we can still leave either today or tomorrow for tour.” Ash explained. I nodded in acknowledgment, I wrapped my hand around Ash’s, and when he squeezed my hand, it was like everything was good. Like I knew everything would be ok.

***************************

It was just before lunch the next day that I got released, and luckily we had the day off. Ash collected and signed the paper we needed, before coming back into my room.

“Ready to go?” I bit my lip, as if I was thinking deeply about something, even though it was just to throw Ash off.

“Babe?” He asked again, looking at me worried. He walked over to me, and gasped when I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck, and crashed my lips against his. After the initial shock had disappeared, he quickly began kissing back, wrapping his arms around my waist.

“Deli are you sure?” He said, breaking the kiss, when I kicked the door shut, and pulled him over to the bed.

“I’m sure.” I smiled again. I was sad that I’d lost my daughter, but the happiness that I still had my son, outweighed that.

“Ok, but wait until we get to the hotel, k?” Ash smirked his Purdy grin, wrapping his arm around my waist, and pulling me towards the door.

With that as a promise, we left the hospital, and my baby girl. But I left with my boys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, sorry for the late update, I was on holiday, and there was no wi-fi at the place i stayed at :(

Anways, thank you for the comments, really guys, we love you so much, and we're glad you like the story.

Comment, Subscribe, Enjoy x