Status: Updates are gonna be slow for a while, sorry :/

Second Chances, Bad Habits

My Hands Are Tied

I was done with hiding in the bus by late afternoon. I know Deli is still mad at me, hell she can be mad a me all she wants but if I can’t trust her to not do drugs than I can’t trust her period. But I do need to talk to her, I forgot to tell her that I’m still going to be there for her when she has Oscar and that she is more than welcome to continue living with me. Scratch that, I’m going to make her live with me because I want to be able to care for my son as well.

Not bothering with the wait time of how long it would take for the elevator to get back down to the lobby I went straight for the stairs. By walking it will also give me a little more time to think about what I’m going to say to Deli when I get in the room again.

My steps became slower as I approached our door. We’ve only been separated for a few hours but it already feels like it’s been a life time. Never in my life would I have thought I would ever become this attached to another human being in my life .I grabbed the keycard from my wallet and pushed it in the lock and waited for the little light to turn green and the door to unlock.

Opening the door I was a little surprised when I saw the lights were all out and that no one was in the room. Where the hell did Andy and Deli go? Going further in the room I was even more surprised and confused when I found the bass that I had wanted at the music shop not too long ago. And on the neck of the guitar there was a black bow and a note.

Curiosity got the best of me and I pulled the bow and the note off. Why is this here and my best friend and the mother of my child not? The note was written in Deli’s handwriting on a piece on thick cardstock.

Dear Ashley,
This morning you told me that you could no longer trust me because of my drug use. Now that I’ve thought about it you were right, endangering the life of our baby was wrong and irresponsible.

In hopes to show you that you can one day trust me again I have decided to go to rehab for my drug addiction. I’ll be going to a place not too far from where we live, I’ve checked it all out and I think it will be the best place to help me recover. Hopefully I can complete the program in the month that it normally takes. But I’m not going to do this half assed, I’m going to do it all the way so I can show you I can be trusted again.

Love
Deli.

P.S I hope you liked the gift, I thought it would make you happy!


So that’s where she is. She’s gone to rehab. Tears came to my eyes. But I must say I am proud of her for doing this. Deciding to go to rehab is a tough thing.

Reaching down I stroked the body of the bass, the sleek wood felt good on the tips of my fingers. Now that I know that Deli has gone to rehab I’m going to visit her, she needs my support with this. I just need to find out what rehab center she’s at.

I wonder if Deli told anyone where she was going? She must have told the guys in her band where she is. I grabbed my cell from my pocket and quickly dialed Austin’s number. Glancing down at the bass from Deli as I waited for him to pick up I sat down on the bed.

“Hello?” I cleared my throat of all the un-cried tears before I spoke.

“Hey, Austin, it’s Ash I have a quick question for you.” he chuckled softly into the speaker.

“I have to imagine that this is about Deli.” I nodded even thought he couldn’t see me.

“Yeah…”

“I don’t think I should be the one to tell you. So, um, you should call Andy.” What? Call Andy? Not the person to tell me!? What the fuck happened.

“Oh… okay. Um, thanks.” not even bothering to say goodbye I hung up my phone and pressed my speed dial number for Andy.

The line rang half a million times before he finally picked up.

“Afternoon Purdy,” his voice was cool.

“Andy, where’s Deli? I came back to the room and found a note and a bass. The note said she was going to rehab.” I hadn’t meant to sound so worried but I couldn’t help it I’m worried fucking sick.

“She wants you to trust her again and she feels that rehab would be the best way to gain back that trust Ashley, it’s a simple as that.”

“Where is she though! I want to know what rehab center she’s in so I can go see her!” my voice went up a few octaves making Andy laugh.

“Dude, relax she’s at the one in west Hollywood. But you have to wait a week before she can have visitors and even then she gets to pick who she wants to see.” I groaned. A week? And even then there’s no sure thing that I’ll see her. Fantastic.

“Ugh… thanks man.” and just like with Austin I hung up the phone. Tossing it onto the bed I ignored Andy’s call back.

I can’t believe I have to wait a week to see her and my child. Fuck by then we’ll be half way across the country. Sounds like I’m going to have to talk with Jon and find a set of days where I can fly out to hopefully see her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my god are we updating machines or what? I'm so proud of us! :D
Thank you all for the comments <3 we love them all